Monster How Should I Feel?

Alternate

A/N: Credit for the title goes to the song Monster by Meg and Dia. So sorry, this chapter is shorter than others. Ugh. Also, Hello! I realize this is my first legitimate author's note for this story. I hope you are all enjoying this story so far and that it's not confusing you too much. That's not my intention but the material I'm working with can get pretty confusing at times. If you have any questions, feel free to comment or pm me and I'll be sure to answer all your questions to the best of my ability. Thanks guys! 

 

 

Chapter Seven:

 

Jimin and Yoongi stand in shock as they stare at each other with equal looks of surprise etched on their faces. Hoseok looks back and forth between them, obviously confused by the whole situation.

 

"Uh, you guys know each other?" Hoseok asks, shaking his pointer finger in between the two.

 

"Yeah," Yoongi says after a moment of dazed thought, "uh, this is..."

 

It's then that Jimin realizes that they've never had a proper introduction. At least not in this reality. Jimin had known Yoongi's name from the start so he never thought to introduce himself, especially since the other Yoongi had already known his name.

 

"Jimin," he answers for the older, "My name is Park Jimin."

 

"Jimin," Yoongi repeats, rolling the name on his tongue and letting it settle. The older's gaze is locked on Jimin and Jimin suddenly feels like his windpipe is constricting him.

 

"U-huh," Hoseok clears his throat, "I'm Jung Hoseok, Yoongi's roommate."

 

"I know, hyu--" Jimin catches his tongue, "I mean, nice to meet you Jung Hoseok-sshi."

 

The man with the dark brown hair gives him a weird look but shrugs it off. Yoongi on the other hand has the same look on his face that he did when Jimin had slipped up and called him 'hyung' earlier that day.

 

, nice going Jimin, now he's going to think you're crazy and disrespectful, Jimin thinks to himself, mentally slapping himself in the face.

 

"So what are you doing here?" Yoongi asks bluntly. Jimin blanches at the question.

 

"Ah...haha, that's a good question," a really good question, Jimin thinks as he tries to think up an excuse on the spot.

 

"My friend!" Jimin shouts.

 

"Your friend?" Yoongi repeats.

 

"Yeah, my friend lives in this building. Since I just moved her from Busan, I'm visiting him for the first time, and I must've gotten the wrong apartment," Jimin tries to explain away. He feels like he's actually made a pretty good excuse but Hoseok quirks an eyebrow at him.

 

"You have a friend who lives here?" Hoseok questions, "he must also be a trainee."

 

"Huh?" Jimin mumbles.

 

"Only trainees for Big Hit Entertainment live in this building," Yoongi clarifies. Jimin wishes there was a desk near by so he could face desk as hard as he could. He needed to change the subject and quickly.

 

"You guys are trainees?" Jimin questions. Hoseok nods his head.

 

"I'm a dancer and Yoongi hyung is a rapper," he says. Jimin tries to look like this is news to him.

 

"Jimin actually saw my performance practice and helped me with my song earlier today," Yoongi tells Hoseok. Hoseok jerks.

 

"Whoa, seriously? You never let anyone see your practices," Hoseok looks pointedly at Jimin, "you must be pretty special then."

 

"Uh..."  is all Jimin can say as Yoongi starts to cough awkwardly.

 

"I should probably go find my friend now," Jimin lies and tries to duck away.

 

"Aww, ok but come back soon, alright?" Hoseok yells out after him.

 

Jimin bows to the both of them.

 

"Bye, Hoseok-sshi," Jimin looks at Yoongi, "see you later, Yoongi-sshi."

 

With that Jimin quickly leaves the building. He exits the building and tries his best to get to the subway as quickly as he can.

 

It was true. He had gone to a different dimension. He had met different versions of the same people in this universe. The guys he had met at school were different versions of themselves. Meeting Hoseok had proved that the whole trip was not dream. He had really been transported to another reality.

 

The only question now was how?

 

Jimin was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn't notice the pair of eyes following his every move.

 

***************

 

Jimin had just gotten off the subway and was about to make his way towards his aunt's house. Out of the corner of his eye, Jimin sees a shadow quickly vanish. He turns around but sees nothing. On his other side he hears another twig snap and a leaf crunch.

 

But when Jimin looked there was still no one there. There was not one person in the general vicinity of where he was walking. He had to be hearing and seeing things.

 

But then again, stranger things had happened to him. Especially as of late, Jimin was finding he couldn’t trust his senses nor his instincts. Jimin squares his shoulders and continues walking down the street towards his aunt's house.

 

All of a sudden, after making it onto the abandoned walking path, someone grabs his arm and yanks him into a small alleyway. Jimin let out an involuntary yelp which almost turns into a scream but the person puts a hand over his mouth to shush him.

 

Jimin was terrified now. Was he getting kidnapped for real this time? Who had grabbed him? Where are they taking him? Jimin was struggling, trying to grab a hold of whoever it was, but the guy had a strong grip on him. Jimin could feel that whoever it was, it was a male and they were tall--and strong.

 

Jimin kicked out at the guy, but he managed to dodge his attempts. Jimin continued to struggle and but the guys kept dodging his attempts.

 

Jimin continued to struggle against the man when he gets the idea to throw his weight back. The man seems to stumble backwards and his grip loosens. Jimin takes advantage of this and manages to trip the man and maneuver himself out of his grasp. Jimin wrenches back and is about to start screaming when he sees who had jumped him.

 

"Jin?!"

 

Nobody moves for a long time. The two just stare at each other in complete shock.

 

"Whu...what the hell?" Jimin finally stutters out, "Jin, what the hell are doing? Why did you jump me?!"

 

Jin still doesn't say anything.

 

"What the hell were you doing? Were..." Jimin's eyes widen, "were you following me? Were you trying to kidnap me?!"

 

"What? No! I wasn't trying to kidnap you!" Were the first words Jin spoke to Jimin in this realm, yet Jimin pays no mind.

 

"Then what the , man?" Jimin screams, starting to get angry, "Why--?"

 

Jin cuts him off, "I need to talk to you about something, it's extremely important."

 

"Extremely important so that you tried to kidnap me?" Jimin yells.

 

"You weren't going to listen to me unless I got you alone and I had to make sure that my suspicions were correct, so I trailed you--"

 

"So you were following me?!" Jimin points accusingly, "I knew it!"

 

"That's not the point. The point is that I need you to tell me everything that's been happening to you lately," Jin says as he ignores Jimin's previous statement.

 

"What are you talking about? Nothing's been happening to me and also why would I tell you? You didn't even want to speak to me yesterday!"

 

"I was studying you--" Jin starts to explain.

 

"Studying me?!"

 

"--because your aura isn't normal. You have the aura of the Bestowed. I thought my eyes were deceiving me at first but today proved it."

 

"What are you talking about? My aura? Bestowed? What in the flying is--?" Jimin is interrupted.

 

"It's what you are," Jin says suddenly, "you're not normal, you have a gift. Have you been having odd dreams lately?"

 

"A gift, what? Dreams--" Jimin stops in his tracks. The dream. The dream that wasn't a dream, but a different reality. Hoseok and Yoongi had proved that to him today, but now Jin was asking him about it? The Jin who just yesterday refused to say a single word to him?

 

"How do you know about that?" Jimin asks hesitantly.

 

"It's clear in your aura," Jin says.

 

"What does that mean? What's clear?" Jimin starts to babble, still not sure how Jin knows this stuff.

 

"Of course you have all the typical colors, along with the vibrancy of powerful Bestowed, but you have long streaks of white running through your aura. White is the color of strong spiritual and metaphysical energy. The white streaks surrounding the inner lining of your aura reflect highly sensitive conscious awareness, which narrows it down to only one option. You’re a reality hopper,” Jin explains. Jimin is no longer speaking. His brain is having a hard time processing what is going on. Only two words stick out in his head.


 

“Reality hopper?" Jimin repeats, his tongue dry in his mouth.

 

"Yes," Jin confirms, "one with the Bestowed ability to hop from the individual's original reality to another."

 

"You're saying that's what my dream was? Another reality?" Jimin finally says out loud what he had been guessing the whole time. Jin nods his head.

 

"Yes, it was an alternate reality."

 

"But it wasn't real. It's just a reality to me, not like that timeline exists without my conscious awareness of it, right?"

 

"Not exactly...this is where science comes in handy. All realities exist in and of itself. All are very real. Everyone has multiple realities although they never become aware of them."

 

"Except for me?"

 

"Except for you," Jin says.

 

"But how? I'm not someone with magical abilities. I shouldn't be able to do this. I'm not...Bestowed or whatever you call it."

 

"Why don't we go somewhere a little more private and you can tell me all about what happened the other night. I might just be able to help you make sense of it all."

 

 

A/N: I really hope I didn't confuse you all more....probably did. Once again, if you have questions then feel free to ask me however I may not answer if it contains a spoiler. Thank you to everyone who has read and commented and subscribed up to this point! I'm hoping you are all liking everything! I have an ending planned out for this story so yay! I just haven't written it all yet. Right now, I'm about 10 chapters in. I need to hop back on that writing train because my updates are starting to gain on me.

 

Have a wonderful day/night/afternoon!