If You Love Me, Let Me Go

Alternate

A/N: I AM SO EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW! This is the last portion of the main part of the story. We only have the epilogue and the one-shot left and then I will be wrapping up this universe. I really really enjoyed this expereience of writing and talking with all of you. I kinda listened to butterfly the whole time while writing.editing this so you can probably guess that that made me even more emotional. DAMN YOU BANGTAN WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME FEEL THE MOST WONDERFULLY PAINFUL FEELS IN THE UNIVERSE?! Ugh...

The credit for the title of this chapter goes to the song This Is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco. Pretty sure I quoted this song in one of my other chapter titles somewhere but the point is. Good song. Lyrics are magic. Yes.

 

ONWARDS MY FRIENDS! I will be waiting for you at the beginning of the end! /ascends/

 

Bold Italics-BTS Jimin's thoughts in Bestowed Jimin's head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter Twenty Eight:

 

Jimin and Yoongi were quiet as they laid together on Jimin’s bed. They had just woken up from their impromptu nap and Jimin was feeling a little disoriented. His thoughts were being pulled every which way and he found that he just needed to talk. He needed to tell someone what was going on in his head because he needed some way to get rid of the rising sense of anxiety in his chest.

 

 

 

Jimin’s head was currently resting on Yoongi’s chest. He had wanted to hear the elder’s heartbeat, steady and strong and because of that, Jimin could hear the rumble of affirmation Yoongi made vibrate on his ear.

 

Yoongi yawns slowly, the sounds crawling out his mouth at the slowest pace. Jimin squeezes his once loose arm that was wrapped around Yoongi’s torso closer to him, shifting so that the orange haired boy was pulled closer to Jimin. He wanted to soak in all of the older’s warmth. It was soothing and soothing was exactly what Jimin needed right now.

 

He breathed in, letting the oxygen up into his lungs and he held it there. When he exhaled his head started to clear a little more so he opened his mouth to talk.

 

“Will you help me set everything right?” the vulnerability in his voice almost made Jimin want to run and hide under a rock. But then again, Jimin had never once felt like showing vulnerability in front of Yoongi was a dangerous thing. Jimin felt safe with Yoongi. Jimin trusted his thoughts, his emotions, his life--hell, even his soul, with Yoongi.

 

He had been scared. No, he had been downright terrified at the thought that his feelings were one-sided. He had let himself truly believe that Yoongi didn’t have any feelings for him and he had wasted a lot of time. It took a lot of persuading on his part to actually admit anything to the older, and Taehyung had been a pretty big deciding factor in it all. But what had really pushed him over the edge were the last words the Yoongi of the other universe had told him. He had whispered so softly into his ear, telling him that he would be there for him and he meant it. Jimin could feel just how much Yoongi loved his Jimin in that moment.

 

And that made Jimin’s decision to leave that much easier.

 

But he needed Yoongi’s help. If he could bring the elder over to the other world with him, then he could erase their memories. It would make things that much more easy. A clean break. A fresh start.

 

It was what they all needed.

 

Jimin didn’t want to feel this guilt anymore even though a lot of it had already dissipated. But there was still a good chunk left over whenever he thought about his counterpart and everyone he loved from that universe. He had selfishly screwed with their lives, making decisions and changing their future and manipulating their relationships with each other and Jimin had had enough.

 

He couldn’t do that to them anymore. Because he loved them, he had to let them go.

 

He feels Yoongi sit up and he joins him. The two look at each other for a moment before Yoongi takes one of Jimin’s hands in his.

 

 

“Of course I’ll help you,” he brings his other hand up to brush through Jimin’s hair, letting it caress him until it stops at the base of his neck. Yoongi rubs his thumb across Jimin’s neck, jutting his tongue out to swipe across his bottom lip as he looks at Jimin through thick eyelashes.

 

Jimin knows what the other his giving him permission to do. He knows what this means and they both know what they have to do to complete it.

 

Then he leans forward and captures Jimin’s lips in between his, pouring out a warmth and a strong surge of feelings. Butterflies erupt in Jimin’s stomach as he kisses back, latching his free hand onto Yoongi’s hip. Their lips pull at each for a sweet long moment, before they both pull back.

 

“You go do what you need to do,” Yoongi whispers to him, placing his forehead on Jimin’s. “I’ll be right behind you.”

 

Yoongi let’s go of him as Jimin nods at him.

 

“Thank you,” Jimin says bringing his hand up momentarily to touch Yoongi’s cheek before bringing it back down to rest in his lap.

 

Jimin lays back down and Yoongi lays with him. The older turns on his side and looks at him as Jimin shuts his eyes.

 

“I’ll see you on the other side,” Jimin says so quietly that he is almost sure that Yoongi wouldn’t hear it. But then Yoongi grabs his hand and interlaces their fingers and Jimin smiles through the tears that were slightly starting to form behind his closed eyelids.

 

And then he lets himself fall asleep.

 

***

 

You’re back, the same voice Jimin had grown accustomed to hearing in his head says. Jimin takes a deep breath and scans the area where he is. The practice room.

 

I didn’t know if you would come back. His voice sounded concerned. Almost sad even.

 

I didn’t know if I would either, Jimin admits.

 

“Where is everybody?” Jimin asks out loud.

 

Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok went to go talk to Bang PDnim about something and the rest of the guys went to the bathroom. We just finished a really grueling practice and they wanted to go to the bathroom before we went back to the dorms.

 

Ah. So that’s what happened. Jimin was alone in the dance studio and he stood up and turned around. He stared at himself in the mirror and in a breath.

 

His hair was light brown. The same color of his hair from back home. Jimin’s heart picked up. Everything was catching up with him too fast. When did his hair color in this universe become the same as his own from back home? In fact, it didn’t even look like this Jimin was younger than him anymore. They looked like the same person.

 

If Jimin didn’t know any better, he would think that he was still back home in his own body.

 

The door behind him opens and the rest of the guys pile in, talking about random stuff and Jimin takes a step back, almost running completely into the glass mirror behind him. Namjoon’s hair was still blonde but Taehyung’s had been dyed back to brown and cut differently from the last time Jimin had seen him with orange hair.

 

Hoseok, Jungkook and Jin looked the same, their appearance not really changing all that drastically but when Jimin’s eyes landed on Yoongi’s his heart faltered.

 

His hair. It was orange.

 

He looked exactly like the Yoongi from his world. They were almost indistinguishable and Jimin was feeling a bunch of confused feelings all rushing towards him at once. This wasn’t his Yoongi, but Jimin found his stomach erupting in butterflies and nerves as if it really were him.

 

We all had our hair done a few days ago to get ready to film our new music video, Jimin explains to him. Yoongi’s in the process of dying his red and Jin’s getting his tinted magenta.

 

This doesn’t really comfort Jimin all that much. All it does is scare him. The future is catching up even faster than he thought. They all looked like the same people he knew in his universe. Jimin had to consciously remind himself that this wasn’t his universe, this was the Bangtan universe. He had to fix things and he had to fix things fast.

 

But he needed to talk to them first.

 

“Hey, Jimin, what’s the matter?” Jungkook asked, the first one to notice the freaked look on Jimin’s face.

 

“Uh,” Jimin mutters now looking into the eyes of six concerned pairs of eyes all trained on him. Jimin sighs, it was now or never.

 

“Hi, guys,” Jimin says, lifiting a hand in the air with a weak smile, “Looks like I’ve missed a few days, huh?”

 

They all seem to instantly know what he was talking about.

 

Taehyung instantly launches himself in Jimin’s arms and hugs him tight, “Do you know how worried I was?! Damn it, Jimin, you can’t just leave that like all of sudden and not expect us to freak out!”

 

“Why did you just leave like that?” Hoseok comes up, Jungkook and Jin on his side.

 

“You just walked up to us, said goodbye and left like it was nothing!” Namjoon says as he throws his hands up in the air.

 

“Are you okay?” Jin asks, “I can’t even begin to imagine what you must have felt after--”

 

“I’m okay guys, really,” Jimin says to calm them down. Jimin looks a little off to his left to see that Yoongi hadn’t moved from his spot. He continued to stare at him with mild shock. His brow was furrowed and his lips pursed but something burned behind his eyes, something that looked like it needed to be let out.

 

Jimin knew he would need to talk to Yoongi first. The last time his Yoongi had entered this Yoongi’s mind, the boy had reacted quite badly.

 

He seemed to pull away from everybody, Jimin tells him, He always had this conflicted look on his face like he was trying to hold whatever he was thinking about back. I don’t...I don’t think he can handle the thought that someone else has access to his mind.

 

Jimin’s heart lurched. This was yet another thing he needed to fix. If he hadn’t tried to stay in this universe than longer was possible, then he wouldn’t have had that terrible, painful breakdown. He had scared the others so much that night. From both worlds, he had made his friends fear for his life. In his most desperate moment, where he had been the weakest and most helpless in his entire life, he had just needed someone to save him and that person ended up being Yoongi.

 

But because of that he risked Yoongi’s feelings. He had forced his Yoongi to do something he was uncomfortable with and he had risked this Yoongi’s sanity by not telling him that another version of him was going to suddenly pop into his mind and talk to him. He had done that to the both of them. And now he was going to fix it.

 

Jimin broke apart from the rest of the guys, heading towards Yoongi.

 

The boy fidgeted and his eyes blinked fast as Jimin approached him.

 

“Can I talk to you alone?” Jimin asks him, looking up at the boy through his eyelashes, semi-bashful face turned down and away so that Yoongi couldn’t see his reddening face. Even after the events of yesterday, Jimin found that he could never get used to Yoongi. He was everywhere, surrounding him with his scent and his warm colors that wrapped him up in comfort. And yet, he still set his nerves on fire.

 

“We’re just gonna head back to the dorms,” Namjoon coughed awkwardly.

 

“See you in a bit, Jimin,” Jungkook grasped his shoulder as did Hoseok. Taehyung looked like he didn’t want to leave, but Jin grabbed a hold of his arm and dragged him off, giving Jimin a nod and a smile as they all left.

 

Jimin turned back to look at Yoongi and found the boy was staring at him with his arms crossed. He turned around and started to walk out of the door.

 

“Let’s go talk in my studio,” he says. Jimin nods and follow after him quickly. Once the two of them made it into Yoongi’s office, the boy closed the door to the room. Yoongi quickly turned to look at Jimin who had sat down on the small couch in the room.

 

“Something is up with you,” Yoongi says right away, “I don’t know what it is, but you need to tell me. Right now.”

 

Jimin couldn’t help but quirk a smile. Yoongi was cute when he was being dramatic. Of course, this was a serious situation but Jimin couldn’t let himself linger on that for too long. If he did, he just knew he would fall back into that black pit of depression and guilt and he couldn’t handle that right now. Right now, he just needed to talk to Yoongi, tell him what was going to happen and then leave. He couldn’t stay here anymore but it hurt too much to think about leaving.

 

The Jimin in his head seemed to get really nervous at their close proximity, alone in an empty room. Jimin apologized to him for what he was about to do but he saw no other option. He had to get it over with. Rip it off like a band-aid.

 

“Jimin’s in love with you,” Jimin says simply, watching as Yoongi’s face instantly turns from one of suspicious frustration to one of utter shock. His eyes were as large as saucers and his mouth had fallen right open.

 

Jimin, what the ?! Jimin yelled, Why the hell would you tell him that?! Oh god… oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh .

 

Jimin took a deep breath, trying to calm his anxiety. Why the hell wasn’t Yoongi saying something? God damn it, say something!

 

But Yoongi just stared at him, his face frozen and his body as still as ice. Jimin starts to ball his hands into fists, trying to take some of the pressure off his chest.

 

“I--” Yoongi starts, searching hard and long for the words to say at this moment, “Why are you telling me this?”

 

“I’m sorry, I just had to,” Jimin answers.

 

Like hell you did! Jimin says angrily, but Jimin had to ignore it. It was necessary, he had to. He couldn’t leave this world knowing the two of them hadn’t confessed. This was the last thing he would ever change in this world. The last time he would use his powers. And it would be for something good. If anyone deserved a happy life after all of this it was the two of them.

 

“I had to tell you because I couldn’t leave here for good without you knowing how he feels about you,” Jimin rushes, “I know because I felt it too. At first, I was confused and I wasn’t sure whether I was in love with you or with the version of you from my home but I’ve come to finally realize that we are all meant to be in our own worlds. I can’t stay here with you and live this life, making decisions that aren’t mine to make. I have my own world and my own life and I need to make sure that this version of me, this Jimin, lives his.”

 

Jimin finishes his rant, breathing hard. He watches Yoongi closely as the boy seems to mull deeply over every word he just said.

 

You’re leaving, Jimin voice says with a crack in his head, You….

 

“I’ve changed too many things about this universe,” Jimin starts up again, not wanting to hear what his counterpart had to say. If he said anything it would just make it that much harder for Jimin to say goodbye, “and above all, I messed with all of your lives and I just...I needed to do something about it.”

 

Yoongi was still quiet, staring at Jimin like he’d never seen him before.

 

“So you knew?” Yoongi asks, asking the question so that Jimin knew he was addressing him and not the Jimin of this world, “If you knew then that means he knows too. How long has he known how I feel about him?”

 

The question was strained, like it was paining Yoongi to admit it, but Jimin felt a rush in the pit of his gut. He didn’t know if it was his own emotions or the Jimin’s in his head, but either way, the boy was feeling the most relieved emotion.

 

He...Jimin lets out a shuttering noise... he really does love me?

 

“We didn’t know,” Jimin admitted. “I didn’t know but I went out on a limb. Trusted intuition.”

 

“What kind of intuition?”

 

“You remember the Yoongi from my world that visited you in your head?” Jimin asks. Yoongi jerks uncomfortably but he nods his head.

 

“He told me,” Jimin tells him, “he...um...we are--uh...how do I say this?” Jimin fumbles awkwardly trying to find a way to tell this Yoongi that they had officially gotten together.

 

It seemed that Jimin didn’t need to find the words. The expression of realization dawning on Yoongi’s face told Jimin all that he needed to know. Yoongi got what he meant. And so did everyone else.

 

Really? Jimin asks with a shaky voice.

 

Jimin nodded.

 

“Yes. And he agreed to come here and help me do what needs to be done,” Jimin tells them. “But not before I made sure that everything was right with this world.”

 

“How do you know it’s right?” Yoongi suddenly asks, looking at Jimin so intensely that it almost scared him, “How do you know who is meant to be with who or what is meant to happen? If there is one thing I’ve learned from this whole ‘alternate universe’ fiasco it’s that everything we ever thought about fate or destiny isn’t real.”

 

“But it is real,” Jimin argues, standing back up and going up to Yoongi. “You and I…” he grabs a hold of Yoongi’s hand, “Jimin and Yoongi...every version of us is as real anything else. Maybe we were meant to be in every universe or maybe we weren’t meant to be at all but all that matters is that we lived our lives and did our best to not dwell too much on the fact that we can never know anything with absolute certainty. So what I am asking you now, hyung, is will you trust me? Will you trust me enough to just let go and let what happens happen?”

 

Yoongi’s eyes move back and forth, searching Jimin’s for any remnant of hesitation. There was none. Yoongi let’s his head fall and he nods.

 

“And I thought I was supposed to be the one giving out the wise advice,” Yoongi says after a minute as he cracks a small smile.

 

Jimin grins.

 

“Let’s go back to the dorms,” Jimin says, grasping Yoongi’s hand once again, “We need to talk to everybody.”

 

 

*********


 

“You’re leaving?!” Taehyung cries as he shoots up into a standing position from where had currently been sitting in between Jungkook and Jin. “You can’t leave! You are one of us! You can't leave.”

 

“Taehyung,” Jimin tries to say, “I don’t want to leave. I would do anything so that I didn’t have to leave you guys, but can’t you see?”

 

Jimin turns to look at everyone sitting around him in the living room.

 

“I’m not meant to be here. I’m not meant to be living this life,” Jimin tries to explain to them, “I spent all of today lying in bed and just thinking and I came to a realization.”

 

“What’s that?” Jin asks.

 

“I’ll never know the reason my parents were taken from me,” Jimin starts, “but I know the reason I was given my ability was so that I could come here and have the chance to know you all.” Jimin looks to Yoongi.

 

“You all helped me through so much,” Jimin tells them, “before I came here...I had nothing. My family was gone, I had no friends, I had to move across the country and go to a new school and to top it off, apparently I was a part of a secret community of people with Bestowed abilities. I didn’t know how to use these abilities. I couldn’t control them and so I just kept on getting lurched back and forth and back and forth between here and my home. I met you all and I met my versions of you back home and I grew to love all of you. Every similarity and every difference.”

 

“Together, all twelve of you helped me come out of my depressive state. A state where I blamed myself for the death of my family and refused to let myself live because I couldn’t forgive myself. You guys were there for me when all I needed was a second chance and a friend. You taught me how to see the good in myself and I can never thank you all enough.”

 

“Jimin…” the broken voices of several of them came.

 

“We love you too, you know,” Jungkook says, trying to hide the tears flowing in his eyes, “You’ll always be a part of our family. You are an irreplaceable part of Jimin and for that, we’ll always remember you.”

 

Jimin swallows the lump in his throat, pressing his eyes closed and trying not to cry. It was failing really badly and he could feel his voice wobbling.

 

“That’s the thing…”Jimin starts with a strangled tone, “You won’t remember me.”

 

“What?!” Now it was Yoongi’s turn to be outraged when Jimin spoke those words, “You didn’t tell me this, Jimin, what the ?!”

 

Everyone was standing up now and Jimin was the only one sitting down with his elbows propped up on his knees and his head in his hands. He groaned. He knew this was going to be hard, but he didn’t know it would be this hard. Everything in his gut was telling him to just not go on with his plan and just go home and let them keep their memories.

 

Jimin, you can’t do this please, Jimin begged him. It crushed Jimin’s heart even more. He had grown so attached to this alternate version of himself in such a short period of time and the thought of leaving him felt like he was losing a piece of himself.

 

 

He wanted them to remember him. He wanted them to think back upon the times when he was here with them and smile. He wanted part of him to live in them, way down deep inside their hearts.

 

But that couldn’t happen.

 

Because every time they thought of him they would think about everything that happened because of him. He knew that if he had the knowledge deep down inside that they still remembered them, he would want to come back. He would eventually give in and he would come back for more and more and then something was going to happen, something dangerous and their entire world would change again. He couldn’t risk that. He couldn’t risk them.

 

He simply couldn’t.

 

 

He had already made his peace with his family and now it was time to make his peace with the other most important people in his life.

 

“Jimin, please don’t do this,” Taehyung begged. He was literally on his knees in front of Jimin, begging him and Jimin began to feel even worse. He wanted to quit. He wanted to so badly.

 

“There’s gotta be another way, isn’t there?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Jimin, I--” Yoongi stopped and the room stilled, “You..." He took a deep breath, "Please don't go...I can’t lose you.”

 

And then the tears did fall. They slipped down Jimin’s face and he felt a sob coming up from his throat. He wrapped one lip around the other in an attempt to seal his mouth shut but it wasn’t working.

 

“Oh no, oh no, oh no, shhh,” Jin cooed as he hurriedly sat down besides Jimin and attempted to soothe him.

 

“I can’t hurt you anymore,” Jimin cried, clutching his sides. “I can’t do it anymore!”

 

“Jimin--”

 

“I have to go.” Jimin said, lightly pushing Jin away and standing up, “I can’t--I’m sorry, I’ll be back in a little bit, but I can’t--” Jimin waved his arms in the air uselessly. He didn’t know what to do with himself anymore.

 

Jimin--!

 

Jimin snapped his eyes shut, blocking everything out. His vision went dark but when they snapped back open, he was in his room.

 

He sat up on his bed with a gasp and Yoongi gathered him into his arms in an instant.

 

“What happened? Are you ok?” Yoongi shot out question after question and all Jimin could do was cry. Yoongi held him close, rocking him back and forth as Jimin let out all his frustrations.

 

He cried because he was going to miss them with all his heart. He cried because he had to let them go and he didn’t want to. He wanted to hold on tight with all he had. But he couldn’t. He wanted them to think of him when they missed him but they wouldn’t ever do that if he erased their memories. But he had no other choice. He didn't know how long he just lied there, limp in Yoongi's arms, trying to focus on the cool soothing fingers running through his hair and over his forehead so that he could stop crying. It was easier said than done.

 

He cried because he was never going to see them again. But then he realized something important. He still had them here in his universe. And part of BTS would live on in them too.  It was then that Jimin finally stopped crying. He just let Yoongi hold him for a little while longer, counting the seconds between the rise and fall of the older's chest. He listened to his heartbeat again. The steady beat resounded throughout his ears and Jimin was pretty sure his own heartbeat started beating in sync with Yoongi's.

 

“Are you okay now?” Yoongi asks cautiously. Jimin nods.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

 

“You’re okay to go back over there?” Yoongi asks back. Jimin nods again.

 

“Are you ready?” Jimin asks Yoongi this time, sitting up. Yoongi takes his hands. “Yeah...ready as I'll ever be.”

 

Jimin focused on Yoongi’s energy. Focused on the sound of his breathing and the feel of Yoongi’s soft hands in his. He focused on pulling Yoongi along with him, latching onto him and dragging him with him to the other world. He focused on Yoongi from BTS and thought of the image of the two molding into one, merging their minds. He concentrated as hard as he could, steadying his breath and making sure it was in time with Yoongi’s.

 

He felt himself slipping into unconsciousness and when he opened his eyes again he was back in the other universe, sitting on the couch and watching as the guys argued around him.

 

Jimin! Jimin called, You came back!

 

Jimin looked up and over to Yoongi to see if the boy had actually made it over. When they made eye contact, Yoongi nodded and gave him a small smile and Jimin breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Ahem,” Jimin cleared his throat, “Uh...I’m back.”

 

The boys turned to look at him. They looked frustrated, concerned and scared. But above all, relieved that he was back.

 

“Jimin, you can’t just keep running out on us like that all the time!” Jungkook called out, crossing his arms. Taehyung ran to him immediately.

 

“Jimin, what’s going on?” he asks, “I don’t even know how you would erase our memories but I’m begging you to just reconsider.”

 

Jimin shook his head, “I can’t, Tae. I’m sorry.”

 

Jimin glanced over to Yoongi.

 

“I brought the Yoongi from my world over to help me,” Jimin explains to them, “he already has a connection to this world and because I helped transfer his consciousness here he is able to use his powers in this universe.”

 

Everyone’s eyes turn to Yoongi and their mouth’s drop.

 

Is that really…?

 

Yoongi stood there awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck and the side of his arm.

 

He gives a stiff chuckle, “Hi. Uh, you don’t know me, but I’ve known you all since I was twelve….nice to finally meet you.”

 

The five of them stared at Yoongi in absolute disbelief.

 

“How…?” Hoseok asks, breathless.

 

“I have abilites,” Yoongi answers, “Just like Jimin. I can control and manipulate shadows and in turn, manipulate your minds and your actions.”

 

A few of them looked scared. Except Jungkook who thought it was ing awesome.

 

“And you are going to take our memories away?” Taehyung asks, his voice desolate and sad, like a dog that just had it’s puppies taken away from it.

 

Yoongi nods his head, solemnly. “And this dude in my head is not too happy about it.”

 

Jimin stops, “Wait, Yoongi is still in your head?”

 

Yoongi nods, “I guess when I came over with you the same thing happened to me and him.”

 

“I can’t believe there are literally two Yoongi’s and two Jimin’s here right now,” Namjoon says with disbelieving wonder.

 

“Does it really have to be like this?” Jin asks finally. “If you tell me honestly that you believe there is no other option here…” Jin tells Jimin earnestly, “...then I will do as you ask. I’m not happy about it but...I understand why you need to do this.”

 

At Jin’s words, it seems to sink in with the other guys that this was all happening for real. Yoongi was really going to take their memories and they would really forget all about them. The reality of the situation was finally being realized. Jimin looks down and avoids their eyes. He nods his head sadly and the room gets deadly quiet. Before Jimin realizes it, Taehyung had thrown himself at Jimin and latched onto him like a koala.

 

Jimin felt the wet tears dropping onto his skin, “I’m gonna miss you so much, Jiminie. Even if you take my memories away I will always remember you.  I won’t forget. I swear I won’t.” Taehyung continued to sob. Jimin wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s frame and hugged him back with the same tightness.

 

“I’ll miss you too, TaeTae,” Jimin murmured back to him, his face buried in his shoulder. Taehyung lets out a loud sob and refuses to pull away for a long moment before someone behind them coughs and he acquiesces with a grumble, pulling himself away and then launching himself into Jungkook’s arms unable to take it.

 

Hoseok comes up to him next, grabbing him into a tight hug as well.

 

“You know we do love you right?” Hoseok asks him. Jimin nods, making a sad almost meow like noise. Hoseok laughs and pulls away. “Don’t be sad anymore, ok? That was all we ever wanted for you. To see you smile and be happy.”

 

, okay. Taehyung’s words had already gotten him to start crying but now Jimin didn’t think he was going to be able to stop. He didn’t know how he was going to handle saying goodbye to the rest of them.

 

Hoseok brought his hand up to Jimin’s face and wiped a tear away and lightly tapped his cheek before he pulled away and let Namjoon come up to him next. He first placed his hand on Jimin’s shoulder, giving it a squeeze before pulling Jimin in and wrapping his arms around Jimin as well.

 

“You will always be a part of Bangtan,” Namjoon tells him, squeezing his shoulder, “Just like our Jiminie, Bangtan isn't bangtan without you.”

 

 

Since when was Namjoon so disgustingly sweet? Jimin mutters, obviously having a hard time containing his own emotions.

 

Jimin chuckled out a laugh. Namjoon could be really sweet when he wanted to. It was making more bittersweet tears come to his eyes.

 

“And it seems that the seven us are destined to be together no matter what universe,” Namjoon pats his back, “This isn’t a goodbye. It’s just a see you later.”

 

And there’s the philosophical Namjoon I know. Jimin chuckles.

 

Namjoon pulls back from him and grips harder onto his arms, “I’ll see you later, Jiminie.”

 

Before Jimin even realizes it, Namjoon is gone and Jin has him wrapped up in his warm comfortable arms.

 

 

"I feel like I am sending my baby off and it is seriously breaking my heart," Jin says with a distressed voice.

 

 

"Honestly, Jin hyung I can't thank you enough," Jimin tells him, "You've helped me through so much. I don't think I can ever thank you properly for all that you have done for me."

 

 

"Just seeing you feel better and looking happier is enough for me, really," Jin pulls away slightly, only to kiss him lightly on the cheek. He whispers into Jimin's ear, "Take care of yourself and Yoongi, okay? He needs a lot more than you think."

 

 

Jimin blushes, but nods and squeezes Jin tight one last time. Last to come over to him is Jungkook.

 

 

"Kookie," Jimin whines, feeling the tears pooling in his eyes once again. The boy was obviously holding himself back, trying to blink back tears.

 

 

When he whimpers out a cracked, "H-hyung..." Jimin loses it and yanks the boy forward and squeezes him tightly into his arms. Jungkook melts into his embrace and sobs silently as Jimin pets the back of his head. Jungkook leans back into his touch and Jimin is hit hard with the fact that he is really going to miss the younger boy. He reminded him of Jihyo. If anyone would be like his younger brother to him, it would be Jungkook. The younger reminded him so much of his brother, that it was almost hard to deal with. But Jimin loved them both to death and he was happy just to see this Jungkook being alive and doing what he loved. Jimin cried when he thought about Jungkook being unhappy because he couldn't be with Taehyung. That was all Jimin wanted for them . To be happy with each other. They deserved it.

 

 

"Shh, it's okay, Kookie," Jimin whispered to him through his own tears. He continued to the back of Jungkook's neck.

 

 

"I don't want y-you to go, hyung," Jungkook said wetly. Jimin made a noise in the back of his throat, "It'll all be okay, Kookie. I will always be here. Part of me will live on in Jimin and he will always be here for you."

 

 

I promise, Kookie, Jimin whispers. Jungkook pulls back, sniffing. He nods his head and moves away as Yoongi steps forward. Together the pair of them look to the rest of the guys. Bangtan Seonyeondan. Bangtan Boys. BTS. After this they will all forget that an alternate version of Jimin ever existed. They will go back to their regular lives where they are happy to make their music and be with each other. And Jimin will go back home with Yoongi and maybe find his own happiness in his own world. This was how it was supposed to be.

 

 

Jimin looked at each and every one of them, watching the love in their eyes as they smiled and nodded their heads at him, giving him permission to do what would probably be one of the hardest things he would ever have to do.

 

 

Let them go.

 

 

"Thank you all," Jimin tells them with as much love as he could muster, "I will keep you all in my hearts forever."

 

 

Yoongi grasped a hold of his hand and gave it a gentle reaffirming squeeze. Then he looks ahead and steps forward.

 

 

"If you could all touch my hands," Yoongi asks of them, holding his palms out. They each reach forward, placing their hands lightly on his palms as well as along the length of his arms. Taehyung looks over to him with an scared look on his face and Jimin gives him a small reassuring smile. He brings an hand up to rest over his heart and taps it twice. When Taehyung sees this he purses his lips and contorts his face as he tries not to cry. But he nods in return and then turns back to face Yoongi, shutting his eyes. Jimin didn't know if it was because it was part of Jimin's power that was tethering Yoongi to this universe right now or if it was because of some other stronger connection, but Jimin could legitamately see when Yoongi closed his eyes and started to use his powers.

 

 

Jimin watched as the mold that Yoongi's shadow formed started to blend away into a shapeless smoke like substance. It stretched across the room, slinking forward until it grasped ahold of each and every one of their shadows. When they made contact, Yoongi's shadow slipped into theirs, molding into one and began to change their shape. Jimin heard their gasps as the memories were manipulated in their minds and any and all memories of the Jimin from the alternate universe were erased.

 

 

This is too much...Jimin comments in his head, They will remember me but it will feel as if something will be missing in us for the rest of our lives.

 

 

Don't worry, Jimin tells him, we can never truly be apart. We are all so deeply engraved in each other that I don't think anything in this universe or any other in existence can erase that.

 

 

I'm going to miss you, Jimin, He says with such warmth that Jimin wonders if this was what it was like to truly love yourself. Thank you for everything. I hope we both get to live the lives we've always wanted.

 

 

"What's going on?" Namjoon voices calls, causing Jimin to snap out of his thoughts. Jimin looks at them to see all of them standing around the living room with confused expressions on their faces.

 

 

"What?" Jimin asks, momentarily afraid that Yoongi's powers didn't work.

 

 

"Why do you look so sad?" Taehyung asks, coming over and nudging his side with a cheeky smile, "we were just deciding what we were going to get for takeout right?"

 

 

Jimin remembers how the conversation the guys had all been having right before Jimin and Yoongi had joined them from the studio was about what they were going to get for dinner.

 

 

"Yeah, come on, Jimin-ah" Hoseok says with a large smile, "you can't really hate chicken that much can you?"

 

 

The room starts to disperse as they all go back to their discussions for dinner, talking and laughing with each other as if they weren't all saying goodbye forever just a second ago. Jimin felt a raw hallow pit form in his stomach as he realizes that this was it. He no longer existed to them. He was no longer a part of this universe.

 

 

"You okay, Jimin?" Jungkook asks, a look of concern on his face. The boy was always so observant and whenever he noticed something was amiss with Jimin he always tried his best to make Jimin laugh and feel better. "You look sad."

 

 

"I'm okay, Kookie," Jimin says as he pats the side of the boy's face. Jimin looks over his shoulder to see Yoongi walk across the dorms and over to rooms. Jimin knew he was signalling for Jimin to follow him. "I'm just going to go lay down, okay? Call for me when dinner gets here."

 

 

Jungkook nods his head and turns to walk back over to where Taehyung was standing. Jimin sees the boy slip his hand into Taehyung's and the older turn his head and look into Jungkook's eyes with the brightest and most loving smile on his face. Warmth erupts in Jimin's chest when he realizes the meaning behind those actions.

 

 

You made that happen, Jimin, he tells him, They owe you a lot. We all owe you a lot.

 

 

I owe you a lot too, Jimin says, so thank you so so much for everything.

 

 

I'm sure I'll see you again soon. Maybe in another life. But for now, I'm satisfied just to have known you for this long. Jimin sighs and he could feel the love radiating in his head, Until next time, my friend.

 

 

When Jimin walks into the room, Yoongi is standing at the window. He turns around at the sound of Jimin opening and closing the door.

 

 

"Hi," Jimin says shyly, walking towards Yoongi. Yoongi greeted him back and they reached for each others hands, relaxing noticeably when they were finally conjoined. It was probably strange for both of them . These versions of each of them finally caught up to how they both looked like back home. It felt like they were alone in the universe, and it made Jimin shiver. But then Jimin remembered they weren't alone. There were still two very important people who needed to be the main characters of this story. The main lives to live in this universe.

 

 

Yoongi seemed to understand this, so he smiled softly at him, "I'll let you have your last few words with him in privacy. When you're ready for me, just signal for me and I'll come back and finish it."

 

 

Jimin nodded his head with a sad smile that he hoped was reassuring. Yoongi closed his eyes shut and his body swayed for a moment before they opened back up again. Jimin could notice a visible difference in the Yoongi standing before him as his Yoongi left this Yoongi's body. Now Jimin really did smile. He knew exactly who he loved.

 

 

"What will it feel like?" Yoongi asked him, "To have my memories erased? Will everything I felt and experienced with you and Jimin be erased?"

 

 

Jimin steps forward grasping onto Yoongi's face and smiling lightly, even through his own teary eyes. He shakes his head, "No, no, no...everything you felt...everything was real. Still is real. For me...or for Jimin...it doesn't matter. Our souls will always be connected. Yoongi and Jimin, Jimin and Yoongi," Jimin giggled, "there's no escaping it."

 

 

Yoongi leaned into his touch, pushing his cheek further into Jimin's palm, "Has anyone ever told you you're truly beautiful? Every version of you. Inside and out."

 

 

Jimin smiles so widely at this, that he could feel his face splitting in half. He was going to miss Yoongi so damn much. He would feel it in his soul every day.

 

 

"I love you, you know," Jimin says with a smile, "and Jimin loves you too. Every version of me will always love every version of you, Min Yoongi. In any and every universe."

 

 

I love you, Jimin says to them both and that's when Jimin finally feels like he is ready. He feels whole.

 

 

It's time, he signals.

 

 

And then he reaches for Yoongi's face and brings himself forward, bringing their lips together. Yoongi melts into the kiss right away and Yoongi's Jimin mewls with an overflowing amount of content, gaining partial control over his body back and throwing his arms over Yoongi's shoulders. As the two kiss, Jimin feels his control over Jimin's body slip away as a swirl of black surrounds his eyes. But it's different this time. Jimin not only sees the black shadows he knows are the influence of Yoongi's powers but he sees white and pink and green and gold. He sees all the colors of the rainbow, exploding like kaleidoscopes made of diamonds and prisms of light.

 

 

Jimin feels hemself slipping out of this universe at the same time he feels Yoongi pulling the last bit of memories of him from Yoongi's and Jimin's minds. The light and the dark collide but instead of seeing grey all Jimin sees is clarity. It's not even a color but it's a feeling. It's a feeling Jimin will hold in his heart until the day he dies and even then he will carry it with him wherever he may go after that.

 

 

When Jimin opens his eyes again, Yoongi is in front of him, smiling and bright. Jimin smiles back at him as the older cups his face. Everything is finally right in the universe.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

As Bangtan's Yoongi and Jimin pull back from their kiss, they feel the butterflies in their stomach as they remembered how they confessed their feelings to each other earlier that evening in the studio. Yoongi remembers Jimin helping him write and edit his songs. He remembers Jimin holding his hand and helping him through his appendicitis, practically saving his life. He remembers helping Jimin when he was finally reunited with his parents after such a long time. He remebers comforting Jimin and helping him find a way to find his brother's forgiveness. And he remembers everything he felt for Jimin along the way. The way his heart constricted whenever the boy cried and how he wished with every fiber of his being that he could have the power to take all the boy's pain away. Jimin's smile was sunshine and he would do anything to make sure that sunshine was always in the sky. He remembered Jimin and the way the boys lips tasted and how wonderful he felt when he found out that he felt the same. All he could feel was Jimin and this lingering feeling that there was another part of Jimin, one he couldn't put a name to, that made him feel the same way; made him feel such overwhelming happiness. Yoongi tried not to dwell on it and instead focused on the beautiful boy standing in front of him. The boy smiled and everything was finally right in the universe.

 

 

Jimin stared at Yoongi as he remembered all of these things as well. He remembered feeling like he was finally home whenever the boy held him in his arms. He remembered feeling safer and more taken care of than he had ever felt in his entire life when Yoongi spoke with him and they shared their pasts and their feelings and all of their fears and hopes and secrets. He remembered feeling like he was a part of Yoongi's passions whenever he helped him with his songs or his projects for his fans. He remembered how deathly afraid he had been when Yoongi had gotten seriously ill and almost died. He remembered how hard he prayed for Yoongi to pull through and recover because he simply could not live, he would be a shell of himself, without him. He remembered how high his heart soared whenever Yoongi looked at him with that sly smile and his small teeth and crescent eyes. Above all, he remembered this lingering feeling of how he would never truly know just how much he loved Yoongi. He would never know just how much Yoongi was an everlasting unending part of himself and just how much the two of them were engraved in each other's existence and could never be erased. Jimin looked back from Yoongi's gorgeous deep eyes to his plump kissable lips. He felt the pull and he didn't resist. He just dived back in.

 

 

And everything was finally right in the universe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: THIS IS THE END OF THE MAIN STORYLINEEEEE!!!! It's so strange cuz I wrote this a few days ago, and I finished literally like right when Jimin uploaded his video log about him being back in Busan with his family and his little brother. It was so strange because that's so similar to what I had written about in this story and it just made me feel like Jimin had put that video out to say "nice job on finishing your story about me!" And to that I wish to say YOU'RE WELCOME JIMINIE I LOVE YOU *cough*and the rest of bangtan too*cough*

 

Thank you so much and I am so grateful to everyone who was with me throughout this whole long ride. It took a while but we finally reached the end. Now all that is left is the epilogue. Tell me your guys thoughts! I loved reading and responding to every comment! Thanks to everyone who subscribed and upvoted and everything in between.

 

Love y'all lots <3 <3