You Can Hide Your Face, But You Can't Hide Your Heartbeat

Alternate

A/N: HI GUYS!!! First off, I want to say that I am SO SORRY for how long I've been away. It's no excuse really, but I really was extremely busy. I had finals sprung on me with a MASSIVE amount of assignments and then I was also making travel plans to go to back home to the United States for the holidays and then come back to Korea after winter break. So on top of assignments, I also had packing and traveling and jetlag and dying to do. Then of course, I had to be dragged away for the holidays and then my family decides to move, so that happened. I wanted to update you all on what was happening but I didn't have a chapter to go with it and I didn't want to spring just a random author's note chapter on you guys cuz I honestly hate when that happens. BUT you will all be happy to know that I now have a two month break with nothing to do so I will be writing as much and as often as I can! I hope to finish this story within that time and then move on to the Unit Bulletproof sequel, which I think a few if not most of you guys have read already. I hope you guys continue to read and like this story and once again, I'm so sorry for that super long unannounced hiatus.

 

On the brighter side, it's 2016! The end of an era for the boys and I couldn't be more proud of them. Hopefully, 2016 treats them and all of us well. 

 

 

ONWARDS!

 

Oh, , I forgot to give the credit for the title! I'M SORRY RAP MON! Anyway, the credit for the title of the chapter goes to Rap Monster from the song on his mixtape called I Believe. BTW, if you haven't checked out his mixtape, you should. It's the bomb, seriously.  I also recommend listening to his song off the same album called Drifiting. ALSO, I love you Namjoonie, and you are always in my heart and thoughts, so I wish you a speedy recovery and like Jimin said, let's not be clumsy this new year.

 

 

Chapter Twenty One:

 

Jimin hadn’t seen Yoongi since the incident on the beach. Jimin was worried about him and although he asked Hoseok if he could go into the room that he shared with the other, the dancer would just tell him that it was best that he was left alone right now. The sun was down and the time to go to sleep was getting closer and Jimin found he wanted--no, needed--to talk to Yoongi before he went back to the other realm that night.

 

He hadn’t had a chance to talk to Yoongi all day and with the everything he had seen on the beach, he wanted to see if the older was ok. He looked overwhelmed and no matter what Jimin did, Hoseok would not let him in. If he was being honest, he understood. Hoseok was Yoongi’s best friend and he was loyal to him before anyone else.

 

So they all just ended up going to bed. Everyone retired to their specific rooms and Jimin went to lay down on the couch in the living room. It was directly adjacent from the door that led out to the beach and facing the other doors to the rooms the other guys were sleeping in. He was having a hard time falling asleep. He felt like he didn’t want to go to the other realm right at the moment. His mind was too preoccupied with Yoongi at the moment. He was still worried and he wanted to talk to the boy but that obviously wasn’t going to happen since it was nearing one in the morning and everyone else, including Yoongi, was asleep.

 

So Jimin just resolved to roll onto his side and stare at the silhouette's of the random objects decorating the room. Jimin could see a small kitchenette at the other end of the room along with a bar with four barstools sitting haphazardly from where the others had sat earlier but didn’t push the chairs in. Jimin could hear the wind whistling on the top of the bungalow. It was probably cooler on the beach at night than it was during the day.

 

Jimin was busy staring off into the distance and zoning out, so he didn’t exactly register it right away when a door leading to one of the rooms slowly creaked open. All Jimin could see was a dark shadow and for a moment he was pretty sure his eyes were just playing tricks on him. But then the figure goes over to the coatrack and puts on a jacket then quietly tiptoes over to the the small landing where all of their shoes had been kicked. A small light shines from the mysterious person’s phone and that’s when Jimin realizes that not only is this shadow actually a person, but it’s Yoongi--trying to leave.

 

Yoongi quickly turns the light off, looking around to make sure he didn’t wake anybody up--or more specifically, wake Jimin up. Jimin quickly shuts his eyes and lies as still as he possibly can, trying to convince the man he was dead asleep. He doesn’t open his eyes again until he hears the door shut with a quiet click. Jimin lifts his head up slightly and sees the elder is no longer inside the building.

 

Jimin debates going after the man, his head going back and forth between possible outcomes or scenarios that might happen. Ultimately, Jimin is chicken and almost backs out, but then out of nowhere he launches himself off the couch and makes a beeline for the door. He quickly throws his jacket on as well as shoes and exits the bungalow.

 

He looks around, scanning the immediate area, looking for Yoongi. The older man is nowhere to be seen, and for a moment, Jimin is absolutely positive that Yoongi made a run for it and went back to Seoul in the middle of the night. Jimin breaks into a light jog and scours the area around their bungalow. He can see several other bungalows down the beach that he knows are host to the other students who came with their class on this trip. Jimin stops on the edge of the beach when he sees what looks like a black dot sitting in the sand several ways away.

 

Yoongi, Jimin thinks at the same time that he breathes out a sigh of relief. Before he can even think about the repercussions of his actions, Jimin takes off down the pathway, following the small amounts of light coming from the street lamps and the barely there footprints that still hadn’t been swept away in the wind.

 

Before he knows it, he’s approaching Yoongi’s form and has to stop. There’s such dark vibes coming off Yoongi right now that it’s almost overwhelming. Something is stirring in the older and it’s palpable, even to those who didn’t have the power to see it clearly, like Jin. Jimin hesitates, remembering how Yoongi had been the last time he had been like this. But then he realizes that the only way Yoongi got better was when someone snapped him out of it. Jimin had done it last time, and he would do it this time too.

 

“Hyung?” Jimin starts softly. Yoongi’s head snaps up and he looks behind him. His eyes are wide but they seem to change slightly upon seeing Jimin’s figure. Jimin steps forward slowly, one step at a time, until he's standing right to the side of the elder. The aforementioned man had turned his head back to the ocean, so Jimin takes that as an invitation to sit down next to him.

 

Yoongi doesn’t say or do anything to acknowledge his presence and Jimin is strangely okay with it. The two just sit there quietly, watching the waves that seemed to have turned into onyx in the span of a day as they rose up only to fall back down and crash and shatter like diamonds only to reform their shape in the next moment and crash down again. The water looked like an endless abyss and for a moment, Jimin ponders what it would be like to get lost in it. He could float away in the liquid night sky and stare up at the endless universe whilst he drowned in the stars. How wonderful that sounded in Jimin’s mind.

 

For a moment, Jimin wonders, if that were to happen, would he really be free of every and any care he might have had whilst he was attached to land? He would be truly alone, but would it bring him loneliness or peace? Wouldn’t the waves comfort him as they morphed and turned into clouds? Yes...Jimin would let go and everything would be ok for him. But not for everyone.

 

Jimin could visualize it clearly. He would be floating amongst the black crystals and then suddenly his lungs would turn to stone and he would sink deep into the water. His eyes would open and the only thing he would see in front of him was the dark eyes of a familiar face...those eyes….they were deeper than any ocean in the world. And suddenly Jimin is no longer just drowning in water.

 

“Why aren’t you asleep?” and like a cold slap to the face, Jimin is wretched back into his body. He remembers where he is and what he was doing out here. He remembers who he had followed because his body had absolutely refused to just sit around and wait. He turns his head only to come face to face with the same shadowy eyes that he had just been drowning in, not moments ago. Jimin opens his mouth to say something but finds no words are coming to him.

 

Yoongi’s hands are at each of his sides and the one closest to Jimin, is buried in the sand. The older doesn’t even seem to be acknowledging the cold. But Jimin finds that it really isn’t that cold at all. In fact, there was a fire starting in Jimin’s chest and the light breeze and the cool sand around him were cooling him down. So he takes his hand out of his pocket and places it atop the sand. Yoongi looks towards his hand for a moment before looking back up. He turns his head back to the ocean and Jimin is given the go ahead.

 

Slowly, he buries his hand in the sand. Relishing as the itch of the individual grains encompass his hand. Jimin can feel the leftover beads of water between each finger as he lets his hand sink lower until it’s completely buried up to his wrist. Jimin pauses a moment when Yoongi’s hand starts to move. It slides, inch by inch, until it reaches the halfway point between each of their bodies and stops. Jimin’s lungs are constricted as he slowly follows the exact same move as the older.

 

The sand glides over and under Jimin’s hand and the cold is eventually replaced with a warmth as Jimin’s pinky comes into contact with Yoongi’s. The older stutters a breath when suddenly Jimin’s hand moves to rest over his. He pushes their hands further down, slipping his fingers in between the fingers beneath his. Once they are firmly slotted in between each other, Jimin finally releasing all the pent up carbon dioxide in his lungs. The oxygen that floods in moments later is a true relief.  Jimin can feel the warmth radiating from the others hand and by juxtaposition can feel the coldness of his own hand. It starts to make him feel a little self-conscious.

 

Finally, Jimin has the words to answer Yoongi’s previous question.

 

“I couldn’t sleep until I knew you were okay,” Jimin says, barely above the register of a whisper but he knows Yoongi hears it when the elders fingers tighten around Jimin’s. Neither of them acknowledge the movement. For a few more moments neither of them speak again. For the first time in a while, Jimin is not lost in his own thoughts. He’s not preoccupied by all the things going on in his life and...he’s just breathing the moment in like air after coming up from being held under water.

 

After tasting the clarity, Jimin asks a question that disappears into the wind moments after he asks it, “Is it really hard?”

 

The both of them know exactly what Jimin is referring to, therefore neither of them try to further elaborate. Yoongi lets out a sigh and runs his free hand over his legs. Jimin turns his head and takes a good look at the older. He had dark circles under his eyes and his face looks thin. And yet, the darkness that had been surrounding the older like a parasite just moments before was completely gone. The older looked lighter, almost iridescent and Jimin couldn’t take his eyes off him. Yoongi breathes in a long breath as if he was counting on the oxygen to bring him strength. Jimin watches and counts along as Yoongi blinks.

 

“Sometimes I feel like if I am not constantly on the defence the darkness will swallow me and consume me entirely,” Yoongi whispers, his voice shaking slightly towards the end. Jimin waits patiently for him to continue, ignoring the shiver that runs through his body and down to his feet as if it were the ghost of hands caressing his sides.

 

“I try so hard to not let it slip out,” Yoongi says, his voice slipping low as he recounts everything, “but it just...rips out of me all at once, seeking out anything within distance to seep into and attach itself to in order to twist and deform. I try to reel it back in, but it gets too strong, the desire to just obliterate everything. To turn everyone’s minds to mush. It eats away at me from the inside out like a flesh eating virus and I can’t do anything to stop it.”


 

Yoongi’s hands are shaking by this point, but his eyes are dry, like he’s trying his hardest not to let how much pain he feels slip past the surface. Jimin just squeezes his hand tighter and rubs his thumb over the back of the older’s hand.

 

“That’s why I avoided you…” Yoongi says in a small voice, “Why I was so against being friends with you and everyone else...I can’t control myself.”

 

And now Yoongi is looking deep into Jimin’s eyes, searching him for an answer, like he’s afraid Jimin will shove him away and run. Instead, Jimin grips his hand even harder, to let him know that he’s not going to leave.

 

“But you already are,” Jimin says, looking the older deep in the eyes.

 

“What?” the orange haired man breathes, the flames on his head seeming to flare with confusion.

 

“You are already controlling yourself,” Jimin states, “you controlled yourself last time at lunch...and you controlled yourself today at the beach. And you controlled yourself just now.”

 

“Jimin, that isn’t--”

 

“No, Yoongi, you are stronger than you think,” Jimin states adamantly, “You have more control over your power than I do and you’ve never hurt anyone. Especially not me. In fact, you don’t have any idea how much your presence here helps me. I’ve been trying my hardest to not think about my family and all I’ve lost in this city and...seeing you helps me to get past it. I don’t know why but...it does.”

 

Yoongi looks contemplative for a moment. He looks like he wants to say something; like there is something on the tip of his tongue. Sensing this, Jimin doesn’t say a word and let’s the silence hang in the air until Yoongi makes the next move.

 

“Your touch helps me control myself,” Yoongi says finally. Jimin’s eyes widen as he looks at Yoongi who was staring at the little lump of sand where both of their hands were buried and conjoined together. Jimin’s eyes follow it and he stares openly. “You touched my hand that time at lunch and again just now.”

 

“But earlier today--”

 

“I was too overwhelmed earlier today. I just ran…” Yoongi shakes his head, “I just ran away like a coward, when I could’ve just gone to you but...I was just too caught up in my head to think clearly.”

 

“I don’t blame you,” Jimin finally responds, not knowing what else to say. Yoongi snorts but doesn’t say anything to refute it. Jimin considers that a win on his part.

 

“Have you been to other realm recently?” Yoongi asks out of curiosity. Jimin thinks back to the last time he went there. They had just been wrapping up their promotions for their Skool Luv Affair album and had just started working on the new album. Jimin had done what he and Hoseok had planned and introduced Danger to their choreographer and their music managers and just as Yoongi had said, it became the title song. The other songs he hadn’t had a chance to hear much about yet though, as the other versions of Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi were still working on writing them. When he tells Yoongi as such the other lets out a soft chuckle.

 

“Just wait till you visit this time,” Yoongi starts, “They’re in America right now. Filming a show.”

 

“Really?” Jimin asks, surprised. He hadn’t been expecting that.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi chortles, “they’ve been going a bit overboard with some of the stuff they’re making us do, but it’s not that bad. Everyone seems to be learning a lot.”

 

“I look forward to seeing it, I guess,” Jimin mumbles. He’s not exactly lying, but at the same time he wishes he didn’t have to go just yet. For a moment, Jimin finds himself wanting to stay here and enjoy the rest of the night before waking up back in this world.

 

“Stop,” Yoongi say suddenly. Jimin jerks.

 

“What? Stop what?” Jimin almost chokes.

 

“Stop thinking so hard about it,” Yoongi answers, “It’s not that big of a deal.”

 

Jimin shrugs, murmuring out an ‘I guess’ somewhere. The two don’t talk anymore after that. Both of them seemingly more than content to just sit there in the sand and stare at the darkened sky and equally darkened water.

 

“Do you ever just wish you could drown in it?” Jimin whispers to Yoongi, his voice so low that he actually doubts Yoongi heard it. “Just...escape from everything...at least for a little while.”

 

Yoongi doesn’t say anything at first, simply continuing to stare ahead as if he was considering his answer, but then he squeezes Jimin’s hand in acknowledgment.

 

“All the time.”

 

“Really?” Jimin asks, feeling like Yoongi might be saying this just for his sake. Yoongi nods.

 

“But more than water...I think fire,” Yoongi whispers out, “Would drowning in fire hurt as much as your lungs filling with water? I think more.”

 

Jimin felt like maybe he should be worried about Yoongi having these kinds of thoughts, but who was he to judge him, when he himself was thinking similar thoughts not even a minute again. Instead, Jimin just decided, like himself, Yoongi just needed a distraction.

 

“Why is your hair orange?” Jimin asks, turning the subject around completely.

 

Yoongi turns to him with a confused expression, “What are you talking about? My hair has been orange since I met you.”

 

“I know, but I’m wondering what made you want to dye it orange?” Jimin continues, letting a little laugh accidentally slip out. Yoongi still looks confused. He looks hesitant to answer, like it might be something embarrassing, but the acquiesces to the question.

 

“I dyed it orange because I it looks like dead leaves on a tree right before they fall to the ground. I really like the color and the meaning behind it,” Yoongi answers.

 

Jimin nods his head, thinking about this answer. In a way, it made complete sense to him. And in another, he still had no idea what Yoongi meant. This kind of confusion would normally irritate Jimin into questioning something until he got rid of the burning curiosity. But with Yoongi, Jimin found himself needing no such thing. Then he chuckles.

 

“What’s so funny?” Yoongi asks.

 

“I was just imagining myself with orange hair,” Jimin starts still chuckling and then grabbing a handful of his hair, “I think I would look weird. Like a tangerine.”

 

Yoongi chuckles a single chuckle, looking amused. Jimin turns to him with a large smile and they stare at each other for exactly two seconds before they both break into a fit of laughter. The giggles escape out of Yoongi’s mouth so intensely that he falls back into the sand and his free hand comes up to his head, obstructing the view of his face as he covers his mouth. It does nothing to stop the jubilous sound coming out of his mouth. Jimin can hear his own high pitched giggles coming out too and he laughs so hard that he is pretty sure no sound is coming out of his throat at all. He’s just silently laughing so hard that his body is convulsing and he can feel his lungs constricting with the need for air and his abs contracting with pressure.

 

The sound echoes in Jimin’s ears at the same time that it echoes throughout the beach. Seeing the smile upon Yoongi’s face makes Jimin feel a million times better and he can’t help but feel like this was the most natural thing. Like he always meant to be in this place, laughing his off with Yoongi next to him. He seemed to be feeling that a lot whenever Yoongi was present, but he refused to let himself think about that at the moment. He was having too good a time to think about deeper things. By the time Jimin calms down, Yoongi is still giggling a bit, seemingly unable to stop. Every time he stops he seems to think about it again and start up the giggles again. Jimin, no longer laughing, just looks at him with a fond look on his face.

 

Jimin gives one last chuckle, more amused by Yoongi than at the situation, “It wasn’t even that funny. Oh my goodness, I can’t believe you found that so funny.”

 

“I imagined you as a tangerine and for some reason it was both the cutest and funniest thing I’ve ever seen and I just couldn’t stop laughing, I’m sorry,” Yoongi says as he sits back up and brushes the sand off his clothes.

 

“You think I’m cute?” Jimin asks mischievously not a hint of nerves shown on his face, even though in reality his heart was beating fast and he hopes the darkness of the sky doesn’t show the red on his face.

 

Yoongi shoves him jokingly and he falls back, his mid back hitting the sand but he managed to pull himself back up before he hit the ground. Yoongi shoots to his feet and dusts more sand off and makes a move to leave. Their hands are no longer connected, but Jimin still feels the imprint in his skin. Luckily, Yoongi reaches his hand out to him to help him up. Jimin stares at it a bit before slotting his hand into his and the older pulls him up quickly.

 

The speed causes Jimin to falter slightly on his landing and when he looks back up again, he is face to face with Yoongi--the closest he’s ever been to the older. Jimin’s stomach wrenches hard, and Jimin suddenly feels like he is about to drop dead in that exact second. His heart is beating so hard and his hand is still in Yoongi’s. The older boy’s eyes search his for a second, before flicking down to look at the lower part of his face. Jimin’s almost positive something is gonna happen and then a terrifying thought flickers through his mind.

 

He wants Yoongi to kiss him. He wants to….and badly.

 

Yoongi takes his hand out of Jimin’s and takes a step back, turning around to face away from him and the moment is effectively shattered.  Jimin’s stomach drops out of his and if he had eaten anything recently he was sure it would have come up and been spewed all over the beach.

 

“Let’s go back to sleep,” Yoongi says walking off back towards their bungalow. Jimin stands there in horror at his new realization as it slowly dawns on him.


 

He likes Yoongi.


 

He’s so ed.


 

**************

 

When he wakes up, he is on a plane. To his right is Hoseok and to his left is Jungkook. Jimin sits up and looks around. Through the slight gap in the seats, he can see Yoongi and Namjoon sitting next to each other in the row behind them completely knocked out and snoring with one of their managers next to them on the aisle. Jimin quickly snaps around, his cheeks flaring with heat at the sight of Yoongi behind him. Jimin had to slap himself in order to stop thinking about the older boy. Shifting forward to look at the seat in front of him he sees another of their managers sitting in the other aisle seat and Taehyung and Jin are sitting on the middle and window seat next to them. The both of them are also knocked out cold. Jimin looks around and sees the only one still awake is Jungkook next to him.

 

He’s playing a game on his mini screen in front of him and that gives Jimin a bit of hint that they must be on a flight that is longer than three hours and it must be an international flighting seeing as there was a little screen box at the top right saying they had four hours until they reached Incheon airport.

 

He nudges Jungkook’s shoulder.

 

“Kookie, what’s going on?” Jimin whispers.

 

“Huh?” Jungkook looks up from his game, “We’re on our flight from America back to Korea. Then manager said we have a few more schedules after that. Ugh...the jetlag is going to be so bad though, I really don’t want to perform just yet.”

 

“We have more stages later today?” Jimin asks. Jungkook nods his head and asks if he’s okay. Jimin tells him that he’s the other Jimin and Jungkook seems to realize that that must be the explanation.

 

“You should have said so earlier, hyung,” Jungkook says, “anyway, you might have to be ready to perform later, if you’re here for today.”

 

“Why were we in America?” Jimin asks, trying not to think about the fact that he might, finally, get to perform with BTS for once.

 

“We were filming a show over there called American Hustle Life,” Jungkook answers, “I almost forgot you didn’t know this. You didn’t visit us not once during the filming. We were there for two weeks and then we performed at KCON. Why didn’t you come at all?”

 

Jimin shakes his head, “I don’t know, Kookie. For some reason, I didn’t visit for a couple days. Jin was helping me trying to figure out what was going on and we figured out that my powers are a little bit more complicated than I thought.”

 

Jungkook listens intently as Jimin explains to him some of the stuff he had learned. Jimin almost tells him about Yoongi, but in the end he doesn’t. His friends in this world didn’t know too much about the Yoongi from his world’s powers. He didn’t know why he didn’t tell them seeing as they didn’t react harshly to the reveal of his own powers nor Hoseok’s. But Yoongi’s were a little different. If BTS Yoongi found out that someone saw through his mind on almost a daily basis, how would that make him feel? Jimin already knew that he wouldn’t like it, not one bit. So he kept his mouth shut to Jungkook.

 

The two talked quite a bit more on the plane ride, discussing the show they were a part of and how he was paired with Yoongi and Taehyung for the most part, and him with Namjoon. He told him about all of their challenges and missions and how they were to do. He told him about most of it was scripted but that some of it had been real surprises to him and the others. Jimin told him about going to the beach with his high school class and the rest of their friends coming along. That seemed to spark Jungkook’s interest.

 

You were just at Haeundae?” Jungkook asks. When Jimin confirms, Jungkook laughs slightly.

 

“It must be a small universe, because we’re going to Busan for a concert later tonight. A music festival with a bunch of other artists, but we have to perform too. Just two songs, Boy in Luv and Just One Day but yeah. How funny,” Jungkook mused. Jimin could feel a headache coming on. Why did they have to keep going back to Busan? He already had to deal with it once in the other world, couldn’t he just get some rest and stay in Seoul in this world? This was supposed to be his escape and yet even in this world, he couldn’t run away from anything.

 

“While we’re there, manager hyung-nim told me I could go visit my parents for a few hours though, so I guess it makes it worth it, huh?” Jungkook tells his quickly, his slight lisp coming out because he was smiling so wide, his teeth obstructing his words from coming out entirely. Jimin found it extremely cute and he wanted to squeeze Jungkook’s cheeks for the millionth time. But that gave him an idea.

 

“Kookie, do you think I could visit my parents and maybe my brother for a little while?” Jimin asks hopefully. Jungkook looks at him strangely.

 

“Well, our Jimin has never asked to see his parents during schedules. He usually waits till holidays or our days off, but I don’t see why PD-nim would say no, since you’ve never asked before. I don’t know about going to see your brother, though. The Busan concert is our only concert tonight, but then he we have to drive all the way back to Seoul to record a radio show and then to Gangnam and Apgujeong for a meeting of some kind. If you think we can squeeze in a visit into maybe an hour then maybe we could take you to your brother’s,” Jungkook tells him honestly.

 

Jimin thinks about it for a few moments. He remembers the last time he talked to his brother on the phone. It seemed like such a long time ago, and in one reality it really was. To him though, it was still a fresh wound, one he still remembered clearly as it was only a short time ago to him. He really needed to talk to his brother. He needed to figure out what happened between them. Jimin thought for a moment that maybe he shouldn’t be trying to mess with this Jimin’s life, but the more he thought about it, he realized something.

 

His little brother was dead. Jimin would never see him again. And as much as thinking it, and coming to terms with it nearly killed Jimin on the inside and made him want to burst into violent sobs right there on the plane, he realized that he needed to accept it. And once he accepted it, he would realize that the only connection he had to his family was in this universe. In this universe, both his parents were alive and so was his brother. But he wasn’t his younger brother, no. In this universe, his brother was his hyung and he needed to do all he could do to make sure that whatever relationship he had left with his brother was fixed. He had to.

 

“I think it should be fine,” Jimin says ultimately, “I think I might need more time at my hyung’s place, so I’ll just visit my parents briefly and then head over to my brother’s place.”

 

Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, “Whatever you think will be best, hyung. I’m sure the managers will be okay with it, as long as you manage your time well.”

 

Jimin nods his head. He tries to sit back down against the chair back and relax but he’s too on edge to think. He had so many thoughts running through his head at once time. He was thinking about performing for the first time, about seeing his parents, about confronting his brother, about his newfound realization about Yoongi--

 

Wait.

 

Jimin jerks around to look at Yoongi behind him. He’s still asleep but Jimin suddenly feels his muscles seize up and he suddenly can’t sit still anymore or he’s sure his bones are gonna snap like a twig. He quickly gets up and steps over Hoseok looking both ways for a sign that indicated where the bathroom was.

 

“You okay, hyung?” he hears Jungkook ask back from the window seat, but Jimin doesn’t answer. He continues down the aisle past the endless mass of sleeping people until he reaches the bathroom. He curses as they are both occupied but in that moment, one of the doors slides open and someone slides out and goes back to their seat. Jimin breathes a sigh of relief and shoves himself into the thin box in the wall that contained the toilet and the sink. He didn’t really have to go to the bathroom, but he needed to get away from his seat. His body was hurting and he knew it was fatigue but he didn’t know if it was purely physical or if it was also mental.


 

He was tired. He wanted his brain to shut off for a few seconds and give him a few moments of peace, but he hadn’t had that since before the accident. Nothing was going to change that, not with his powers and the switching between two very different yet eerily similar worlds. He turned the sink on and stuck his hand under the cool stream, lifting it to his face and splashing it there. The drops ran down his face like cool tears but when Jimin focused more on his face he saw something strange looking back at him.

 

These eyes weren’t his. They were….but they weren’t. He could feel himself attached to this body and at the same time, he felt like an intruder. He could feel himself curling in on the inside. He was starting to feel claustrophobic and all of sudden getting up to get himself away from the seat seemed like a bad idea.

 

He quickly yanks the door open only to come face to face with someone he really didn’t feel like seeing right now.

 

Yoongi stood there with a tired and blank expression on his face.

 

“Hey, you done?” Yoongi mumbles, obviously still hazy from sleep.

 

Jimin just stares at his face. He looks so similar to the Yoongi from his world. Or his Yoongi looks similar to this one. Either way, this Yoongi standing in front of him was causing his mouth to go dry to the point where he couldn’t form any words. He ended up just flapping his mouth open and closed like fish. Yoongi just stares at him in silence.

 

“I really have to pee, so could you move please?” he asks and Jimin is shocked back into reality.

 

“U-uh, yeah,” Jimin steps out of the cubicle and has to maneuver his body, turning his back away from Yoongi in order to get around. By the time he turns back around, Yoongi has already gotten inside the bathroom and shut the door tight. Jimin’s head sways slightly and he really just wants to get off this damn plane right now.

 

When he sits back down, he tries to close his eyes and nap, but sleep wouldn’t come to him. Of course it wouldn’t, not when sleeping meant going back to the other world. He was still just as out of control of his powers as he was before. Great. Yoongi eventually comes back and sits in his seat and falls back asleep like nothing even happened.

 

Jimin grumbles and looks at Jungkook who managed to fall asleep as well. All around him, everyone was asleep and Jimin was the only one awake, trapped in his thoughts.

 

He glanced at the time till arrival and almost wanted to burst out in tears again.

 

Time to add airplanes to my list of things I can’t stand anymore, he thinks.

 

********

 

By the time they get off the plane, Jimin felt dead tired, but now that everyone else is wake, Taehyung and Hoseok did a good job of getting him hyped for their performance later that night.

 

“Do you remember the dances?” Hoseok asks, “It’s been awhile since you’ve been here.”

 

“I’ve actually been practicing with the Hoseok hyung from my world,” Jimin tells him. It was still weird to talk to one of them about the other but the look of wonder on Hoseok’s face made it worth it.

 

“Waaaaah,” Hoseok breathed in amazement and Taehyung and Jimin laughed.

 

“It’s still so awesome that you are from another universe,” Taehyung laughs, “what else is different about the other world and here?”

 

Jimin shrugs, “Not much, in fact, it’s pretty similar.”

 

“Pssh, yeah right,” Taehyung says, “From what you’ve told us so far, it’s already super different.”

 

“Like the fact that I can read minds!” Hoseok nearly screams until Taehyung jumps on his body and claps his hands over his mouth.

 

“Shut up!” Taehyung yells, “You can’t yell this kind of stuff in public!”

 

“Yell what stuff in public?” Yoongi asks as he, Namjoon and Jin come into view with Jungkook behind them, having been the last four to get off the plane and through customs. He, Taehyung and Hoseok were going to head to the van first but their managers had stated they better wait for the others.

 

“About Hoseok’s and Jimin’s powers from the other realm,” Taehyung supplies to them. Namjoon and Yoongi raise their eyebrows at this.

 

“Oh...I didn’t realize you were back, Jimin,” Namjoon says. Jimin looks guilty.

 

“Sorry about that,” he says, “You were all sleeping and the time never came up to be like ‘oh hey guys I’m back’.”

 

Yoongi was looking at him strangely.

 

“When did you get here?” he asks.

 

“Um…”

 

“It was about 7 hours into the flight,” Jungkook supplements, “he was only here for the last 4 hours.”

 

“Wow,” Jin says, “Do you think you can perform tonight?”

 

“Yeah, Hoseok has been helping me practice,” Jimin answers.

 

“You have?” Namjoon asks, surprised.

 

“Not this Hoseok,” Taehyung states, “the other one.”

 

“Wait, how does he know the dances?” Jungkook suddenly asks.

 

“It’s cuz he reads minds,” Hoseok says as an answer.

 

“No, but he wouldn’t know the dances unless he read them from someone’s mind,” Jungkook argues back, “so how did he learn them?”

 

“From me!” Jimin bursts, “yeah, he learned the dances from my head and that’s how he knows them.”

 

The group looks at him skeptically, but Jimin just ignores the stares. Luckily just at that moment their manager comes up to them and tells them it’s time to get into the van so they can go to Busan for the concert.

 

Jimin doesn’t say much on the way over, and most of the guys drift off to sleep yet again. The only ones who were awake still were Hoseok,who was playing on his phone, and Namjoon who was chatting quietly with the manager hyung who was driving.

 

Jimin just looked out the window at the cars passing them by. As the colors flew by him he felt himself becoming heavier. He knew he wasn’t falling asleep but he felt like he wasn’t entirely there anymore. He tried to lift his head but he didn’t have the strength, instead he could only watch as more and more cars passed, their car speeding along the highway with them. Before he knew it, it started to rain and Jimin wanted to curse. He hated it when it rained. It always reminded him of that horrible night.


 

They had arrived so late from the airport that the sun was already starting to set and before they knew it, it would become dark. Jimin still couldn’t lift his head from the window seal he was leaning it on. He couldn’t even lift it, when the rain picked up and it no longer sounded as if the rain was falling onto the window but was instead landing in his ears, the sound resounding in his eardrums.

 

He hears a loud honk on the other side of his window and it immediately draws his eyes to the car driving next to them. It’s a familiar looking car...in fact, it looks like the car Jimin’s dad used to drive to work everyday. But he knew it wasn’t although he still looks up to the driver’s side window and peers in.

 

A familiar face is driving, turning on the windshield wipers and then turning around to say something to the people in the backseat. The crunching sound beneath the car turns into a steady hum that increases in volume with every second that passes. Jimin’s breath picks up ten fold watching the eerily familiar scene in front of him. The woman in the front passenger’s side is talking and waving her arms trying to tell the two children in the back to calm down.

 

Jimin watches as the man in the front seat loses his temper and turns around to yell something at the two little boys in the back seat.

 

No.

 

Within seconds, the large blockades blocking the city from the highway are left behind and the image of the bridge is within view. Jimin is paralyzed in place, watching the orange sun set as the rain continues to pound on the windows. He wants to scream but nothing in his body is working, he can’t feel his limbs or his face or his heartbeat anymore. His eyes flick back to the car beside them and then suddenly traffic stops completely and the van jerks to a stop at the same time that the car next to them swerves to avoid hitting the car in front of them. It flies off the side of the bridge.

 

Jimin is jerked forward in his seat with the force of the van stopping so abruptly. He can’t distinguish whether the the screams ringing in his ears are his own or his families. He felt like he was falling even though he was still seated in place with his hands over his head and ears and his body hunched forward over his knees.

 

“Jimin!”

 

There’s a hand on his shoulder. Jimin jerks hard, the seatbelt he had thankfully been wearing almost causing him whiplash. His head whips from side to side taking in his surroundings.

 

To his left he sees the concerned faces of all his friends, all of them now awake. Jungkook, with his hand on Jimin’s shoulder, asks him the same question again but Jimin doesn’t hear it. Instead he unbuckles his seatbelt and turns back to his left to push his face into the glass to see outside the window.

 

“Did you see it?!” Jimin yells, “the car swerved! It went off the bridge! Where did it go?”

 

When Jimin looks back to where the railing had been torn from the car driving through it, he sees nothing. It was perfectly fine as if nothing had touched it.

 

He turns back to his friends in the car.

 

“Wha...the car--it was my...it was…” he runs a hand through his hair.

 

“Jimin, it’s fine,” Namjoon says, “it’s just some unexpected traffic. No one crashed.”

 

What? No, Jimin had seen the car swerve off the bridge just now. But when he looked back, the ledge was still fine and there were three lanes of cars still perfectly fine and undisturbed blocking the road. And when Jimin looked closer...it wasn’t raining anymore. Upon closer inspection of the ground, it was completely dry. As if it hadn’t even been raining just a second ago.

 

That meant that...Jimin had imagined it.

 

Suddenly, he can’t bear to look out the window anymore. He turns back to the front and grasps hold of his shaking hands in his lap. He takes shallow breaths and tries not to think anymore. Why was he reacting to going to Busan like this? He hadn’t done it back in his world when they went to the beach, so why was he reacting like this when he wasn’t even in his world?

 

If he was being honest with himself, he knew what it was. Haeundae beach was far from where Jimin used to live and they hadn’t used the same road that went over this bridge when they went to the beach. Where they were going now meant that they had to cross the bridge and he had reacted by seeing the images again in his mind as if they were happening again right in front of his eyes.

 

Jimin placed his head in his lap and tried to will the images from his head. It wasn’t working, he kept seeing it again and again in his head like it was stuck on replay. He could hear the scraping of the metal impacting against glass and skin. He could taste the mixture of blood and warm rain water on his tongue and he physically felt himself gag, although he didn’t make any noise.

 

There was a hand on his back and Jimin knew it was Jungkook. The younger had taken it upon himself to take care of Jimin since he’d shown up on the plane. Jimin really did appreciate it, because it did help him find some ground in reality. It brought him back to this world and even though Jimin did have remind himself that this wasn’t actually his world, he still felt grateful to Jungkook for trying to comfort him.

 

He lifted his head and turned to the younger next to him. He could see Taehyung’s concerned face on the other side of the younger as well, but Jungkook’s face came back into view, placing his hand on his knee and asking him yet again if he was okay. Jimin felt a surge of affection and grabbed the younger into a hug.

 

“Ahh, hyunggggggg,” the boy whined, but Jimin ignored him, holding the younger close. Eventually the boy stopped struggling and let Jimin hug him. This seemed to placate Taehyung, who relaxed back into his seat for the rest of the ride. Jimin shifted his head to the right and caught a glimpse of the boys in the backseat. Hoseok, Jin and Yoongi were sitting back there. The former two were chatting amongst themselves, seemingly feeling as if Jungkook could handle the situation, but the later was a different situation entirely. He was resting his head on the window seal, just like Jimin had been doing before the imaginary crash, but instead of looking out the window, he was looking straight at Jimin.

 

Jimin’s breath caught in his throat.  Yoongi was staring at him so intensely that it could’ve bore holes into his head. What really struck the younger was not just the intensity of the gaze but the mixture of emotions he saw swirling on the olders usually impassive face.

 

He looked concerned and almost...scared. But within seconds the expression was gone and Yoongi had shifted his face to look back out the window. Jimin wanted to say something but he realized that now was not the time. Instead he turned back to the front and let go of Jungkook to sit back up straight. The younger asked him if he was okay yet again and Jimin mumbled his affirmative.

 

Before they knew it, they were at the venue for their concert. Jimin was on edge again but not in a bad way. No, this time, he was on edge with excitement and nerves. Jungkook and Taehyung didn’t help at all, they kept on hyping him about his first performance. Hoseok came over to him to talk about the dances and before Jimin knew it, they had sped through rehearsals and hair and makeup and were waiting diligently backstage for their turn to perform.

 

Jimin was bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. He had too much energy. He felt too jittery. He was gonna mess this up. He wasn’t a performer, he was a normal kid.

 

Watching all the other performers before them confirmed this for him, he couldn’t do this. No, he couldn’t do this. He would fall, he would mess up. His voice was mediocre and he couldn’t dance for ! No, he needed to get out of here or he was going to faint on stage--or worse.

 

“Jimin,” Yoongi’s voice says from directly behind him. Jimin spins around, clutching his heart.

 

“Jeez, hyung, you scared the out of me,” Jimin wheezes.

 

“You need to calm down,” Yoongi says straightly.

 

“What?”

 

“I’ve told you before that you think really loudly? I could hear you mentally freaking out all the way from the waiting room,” Yoongi continues.

 

Jimin bows his head, “I’m sorry, I--”

 

“Don’t be sorry,” Yoongi interrupts right away.

 

“Wha--”

 

“I said,” Yoongi looks at him straight in the eye, “Don’t be sorry. You have the talent and the drive to do this. Don’t freak out, the rest of us are here too. We got you and you got this. So don’t think, and just pretend like you are performing for us and you only. No one else.”

 

Jimin is momentarily floored. He wanted to say something to Yoongi so badly. He opens his mouth to say something, when a voice rings through his earpiece, the one that’s connected to everyone in their groups ears.

 

“Mics are turning on now, prepare for standby,” the voice says and now Jimin knows that he absolutely can’t say anything or his voice would be projected out to the entire audience. Yoongi gives him a pat on the arm before he goes to the side of the stage where the rest of them were waiting. He walks up to them, trembling.

 

Taehyung turns his head and smiles at him, grabbing a hold of one of his hands and squeezing it tightly. Jungkook, on his other side does the same, with a reassuring smile as well. From in front of them, Hoseok gives him a blinding smile and thumbs up and Jin and Namjoon smile at him with confident looks in their eyes. When he turns to Yoongi, the older simply holds his stare and gives him a curt nod.

 

They are given the signal to walk onto stage and get into position. They are starting with Just One Day first, therefore they were sitting in chairs.

 

Jimin can hear the screams, the audience is calling their names and he can hear shouts of his name shouted in between the jumbles of voices. His heart is beating fast and for the first time in a while it doesn’t make him want to die. Instead, he feels alive.

 

And the music starts.


 


A/N: Thanks so much for your continued support guys! I am dillegently working on the next chapter and hope to have it up sometime next week. Things are gonna be settling down for me soon and I can't wait to get back into the swing of things! Thanks to all of you who continued to read and support and comment during this time period. I did read all of your comments and will get to replying very soon. If you guys ever want to get in contact with me, you can feel free to pm me here or message me (or follow me, it's whatevs) on my tumblr here 

 

Here's to 2016 and another year together with Bangtan!