Mission 20

The Wu's Siblings Nannyguard.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n : edited!

 

"I didn't know your son could be this picky when shopping."

There was a chuckle from the other end of line. "Sehun?"

 

"Yes. He still can't choose between the red and blue sneakers. For me, both look just the same."  Junmyeon answered while looking at the boy not far from him. Sehun was still holding both of the sneakers and now there was a frown on his fair face. 

 

They were currently at one of the popular shopping districts in Seoul, since Sehun need to find a present for his best friend, Jungkook. His birthday was right around the corner and Sehun wanted to give the best present for his one and only best friend. 

 

Another chuckle. "Just give him some time to decide, honey."

"It's been almost 15 minutes now, and he still can't decide. Should I give him my opinion?"

"Wait until he asks. If not, don't say anything." Kris warned. He knew his son well.

Junmyeon sighed. "Okay. I'll just wait, I guess"

"You don't like shopping much, do you?"

"Yeah..You could say that..." Junmyeon replied. To be honest, he rarely went shopping-only when necessary and usually, it was always because Jongdae who dragged him out. 

 

"Well, you should get used to it. Just so you know, I love shopping..."

Junmyeon scoffed. It wasn’t like he didn't know about that already. "I know…" 

A laugh. "Good then. By the way, where's my other baby?"

The bodyguard's eyes were quick to search for the said boy. He smiled once he saw the scene in front of him. Jongin was sitting on one of the couches there, not far from Sehun, and he was surrounded by a few sales members. He flashed a shy smile when one of them pinched his chubby cheeks softly. "Like always. Stealing everyone's attention, especially the pretty noonas. All the lady staff here are smitten with your little baby already."

Another laugh. "Why am I not surprised to hear that?"

"I wonder, who did he get this charming personality from?"

"From his daddy, obviously."

Junmyeon snorted. "I doubt that."

"Hey...Don't be mean. At least my charms work on you."

Even though he couldn't see Kris' face, Junmyeon still could imagine his dumb smile right now. The one Kris always showed whenever he said something cheesy. 

"Oh, shut up.”

 

"I know you like it…" Kris sing songs. 

"No, I don't."

"Admit it, honey. I bet you're even blushing right now."

Well, much to his horror, he was blushing, but he couldn't let Kris know that. "I'm not! Why would I blush-"

"Uncle!"

The voice interrupted Junmyeon's reply and he quickly searched for the owner. Sehun. 

 

"Hold up. It's Sehun." He whispered quickly to the phone before giving his attention to the boy. "Yes, sweetie. You have already chosen the shoes?"

Sehun shook his head. His frown deepened before he whined, "I couldn't decide. Come here, uncle." 

Junmyeon chuckled. "Wait, sweetie. I'll be right there." He then quickly whispered into the phone while walking towards Sehun. "Fan, I need to hang up. Your son finally asked for my help. Talk to you later."

Kris laughed. "Okay, love. Have fun with the boys. I love you."

"I love you too. Work hard." With that, he ended the call. He walked faster towards Sehun and flashed him a smile. "Do you need my help?"

Sehun displayed both of the sneakers in front of Junmyeon's face. "Which one is better, uncle?"

"I like blue more," he replied in a heartbeat. "But, it's for your friend. Which one do you think suits him best?"

Sehun's pink tongue darted out to wet his lips. "Kookie loves these kinds of designs.." He gestured to the blue sneakers before pointing to the red. “But red is his favourite colour."

"Hurm.." Junmyeon took the blue sneaker. "These don't come in red?"

Sehun shook his head. "No. If they did, I would've already chosen it, uncle."

"Then, follow your instinct. Which one of these caught your attention first?" Junmyeon asked. 

 

Sehun eyed both of the sneakers before jerking his head towards the blue. "That one. Because, I know Kookie will love it. Just, it would be more perfect if it came in red."

Junmyeon smiled. "Then just take this one. I'm sure Kookie won't mind about the color. Besides, it's from you, his best friend. We love whatever our best friend gives us anyway, even it's just a cheap or lame gift."

Sehun gave a confused look to Junmyeon at first, before a smile formed on his lips. "Ok." He then pointed out the blue sneakers to the salesgirl. "I'll take this one."

The girl beamed. "Ok. Please wait a minute."

Junmyeon then asked Sehun to wait on the small couch with Jongin before he followed the girl to the cashier counter. Kris had already slipped him his black card early this morning and even gave Junmyeon permission to use it without limitation. If only he loved shopping, this would be his precious chance. 

 

While waiting for the girl to find the right size, Jongin suddenly came and tugged his pants. "Uncle…"

"Yes, sweetheart. What's wrong? Do you want to pee or something?" He asked while crouching down to the little boy's eye level. Junmyeon softly brushed the brown bangs that covered Jongin's eyes away. He needed a haircut already. Maybe they should go visit a salon after this. 

 

Jongin shook his head. "No. Just that noona over there wants to give Nini a lollipop.. Can Nini take it, uncle?" He asked while blinking adorably. 

 

Junmyeon chuckled. "Do you want that lollipop?"

 

Jongin shyly nodded. "Nini loves lollipop..but daddy said Nini shouldn't take anything from strangers. Even if Nini loves it."

Junmyeon was about to answer, but Jongin quickly added. "But, that noona looks like a nice person..."

The older of the two glanced towards the staff for a while. He noticed how some of them tried to attract Sehun's attention by talking to the boy, but of course Sehun remained stoic with his cold face. They must think the boy would give them the same response as Jongin-if only they knew how different these siblings were.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter