Mission 16

The Wu's Siblings Nannyguard.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: not edited 

 

8.55 am.

It's the umpteenth time he glances towards his handwatch. Unconsciously, his fingers drumming impatiently onto the wooden table and sigh. He know it's not pass their agreed time yet but Junmyeon couldn't help but be over how slow the time ticking. Waiting is a pure torture. 

Tomorrow. Usual place. 9am. 

He recalled back the promises they made through the phone yesterday and without noticing, his eyes darted towards his wrist again.

8.57 am.

He groaned. Three minutes somehow feels like eternity with how his chest feel like bursting right now right here, due to all the mixture feelings bubbling inside him. Junmyeon's chest painfully tightened and he's not sure for how long more he can endure before he lost it. 

Luckily his cup of hot coffee he ordered earlier, arrived at the right time and after thanked the waiter, Junmyeon waste no time to bring the cup's brim close to his nose, letting the caffeine strong smell invaded his nostrils. It's effectively calm him for a bit and after a good minutes of caffeine's therapy, Junmyeon carefully took a sip of the black coffee, the strong taste immediately goes through all his system, and he found himself even more relaxed. Caffeine was always a big help for him. 

"Myeonnie?"

Junmyeon jerked, almost dropped his coffee in hand, startled by the sudden voice behind him; a very familiar voice. The one he's been waiting since earlier.  

Oh God. He's here. 

He whipped his head around so fast and his eyes met with a pair of big doe-eyed which very familiar despite the fact that it's been quite a long time since he last saw them. 

"Oh my .. you're here. It's really you. You're back." Junmyeon murmured, already rise from his seat.  He tried hard not to make a scene there by getting overwhelmed over the sudden rush of feelings but when he see that man's red lips in front of him stretched wide and displaying him those beautiful heart-shaped smile he misses the most, Junmyeon lost it. 

He lunged forward and grabbed the slightly shorter man's neck and pressed their body tightly together. The latter returned his hug and they stay like that for a while.Jumyeon torn between crying or laughing so he just buried his face into the man's shoulder and sigh. "It's really you. I'm not dreaming"

He got a chuckles as a reply; close to his eardrums and it still the sweet honey-coated voice as he remembered before and somehow it's more calming than the caffeine he had earlier. 

"Yes, I'm here. Flesh and bone.100% real and  let's stop hugging, we dragging unnecessary attention."

Junmyeon quickly broke the hug with a slight pout."But i miss you Kyungie!!" He whined, unintended. 

Another deep chuckle and without waiting for Junmyeon,the man quick to invite himself, taking a seat across Junmyeon."I know. I miss you too buddy." 

Junmyeon quickly plopped down on his seat and he couldn't take his eyes off Kyungsoo when the waiter come to take the order from the latter. It's like his brain need to take the latest change and image of his bestfriend immediately and he take notice of how the body who used to be tiny and squishy, now look toned just in the right way and more manly. The skin who used to be milky white now a little tanned, glowing beautifully from the smooth skin. 

"Yah Junmyeon.. Why you look at me like that? Is there something on my shirt or something?" Kyungsoo frowned while looking at his own shirt. 

"You're a bit tanned.. " Junmyeon mumbled softly but judging from how Kyungsoo snorted, the man definitely heard that. 

"I knew you will point this out... Aigoo.. I've been staying somewhere with a really hot weather back then and this is the result. It's more tanned than this before but it's slowly getting to my normal skin colour back. Well,  I'll tell you about that later, so talking about this, did you even go out from your apartment? You're so pale, it hurt my eyes.. "Kyungsoo said in a mocking tone, giving his best friend a judging look as well. 

"Im not a vampire Kyung. I have work and life, of course I'm going out. Just my skin is always as pale as this, you know that." Junmyeon scoffed. 

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Who knows this past few years my best friend suddenly turned into another Cullen or something. I don't want to be your victim."

Junmyeon rolled his eyes." God Kyungie, you still haven't change. You still can't get over all those fantasy movies don't you? and don't tell me you still believe werewolf and vampires is exists somewhere out there?"

"Why? If that things is unseen or never show themselves before, doesn't mean it's not real. Ahhh Junmyeon, you're still judgemental and shallow-minded, I'm so frustrated with you."Kyungsoo scowled. 

"I'm being realistic! Oh come on Kyungie. Stop living in that fantasies. You won't met any gorgeous vampire as Edward or a  hot werewolf like Jacob and they somehow fall in love with you as cliche as in those movies. It's totally fiction." Junmyeon retorted quickly. 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened, making his already big eyes looking more huge." Don't you dare insult my dreams. Everyone has their own fantasies and you're the one to talk. How about those cheesy things of becoming an secret agent and then fall in love with a really hot bad guy and then run away with him?"

Junmyeon gasped. Both of them know how much Junmyeon love an action movies, especially about spy, secret agent and bodyguard as much as Kyungsoo love fantasy movies. "Hey! That's when I'm still teenagers back then okay..  and besides, it's still more realistic than your supernatural things."

Kyungsoo flashed him a hurt expression and Junmyeon suddenly laughed. It just a soft one at first then when Kyungsoo also join him, it's getting louder and louder. Even the customers that sits near them already gave a dirty look to their table, both of them couldn't care less. 

This feelings is familiar, it just brings them old memories. Back then when they always bickering about stupid things all the time and laugh afterwards over their own ridiculousness. How this thing never changed even after a long time is amusing and Junmyeon couldn't felt more glad than that. 

His bestfriend is back. 

 

---

 

 

"So how's life? Where have you been all this time?" Junmyeon leaned closer to the table, waiting Kyungsoo to take a sip of his Americano. 

Kyungsoo put down his coffee and smile. "Several places. Been in Southeast Asia too, that's explained my tanned skin and last destination was France."

"Wow. France huh? Did you take pictures at Eiffel Tower?" Junmyeon eyes goes all bright and excited, gaining a chuckle from his bestfriend. 

"Of course! That's one on my top list to do! "

To be honest, both of them is always a er for romantic things. Junmyeon still remembered when they used to lay on top of  Kyungsoo's house roof back then and listing all the romantic things they should do with their future boyfriends.Taking pictures at Eiffel Tower is definitely one of them—

Junmyeon gasped. "OH MY GOD WAIT! DOES THAT MEANS YOU—" He didn't finished the words as the shade of pink dusting Kyungsoo's smooth cheek, already give him the answer he wanted. 

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT THAT!? Kyungie, we've  promised to tell each other if one of us got a boyfriend!" Junmyeon said with a scowl, clearly frustrated, which Kyungsoo almost hit his head in return. 

"It's not my fault you changed your phone number and luckily i found Jongdae's phone number at my house yesterday .Besides, when the last time you visited my parents? They keep complained about that whenever i called them." Kyungsoo replied as frustrated as he is. 

Junmyeon pout. "I lost my phone that time. Urghh..That's why I asked you to make at least one sns account, it's not that hard. About your parents, It's not that i don't want to ,but you know how your parents was right? They keep asking me whether I got a boyfriend yet or not and if i say no, your mom gonna set a blind date for me!" 

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Just say you have one then! "

"Then they surely want to meet him. I don't want to lie." Junmyeon huffed, shoving another scoop of tiramisu cake into his mouth. It's still  early for a sweet snack but Junmyeon couldn't say no to this cafe's special menu. 

"Find one then!" 

Junmyeon frowned. "It's not as easy as choose a cake to eat!"

Kyungsoo smirk with his usual evil face." You just picky..Or did you still waiting your hot bad guy? "

Junmyeon face heated suddenly. He might have found a hot guy but definitely not a bad type but he decided to save it later before he tell his bestfriend. Right now, he need to know about Kyungsoo's boyfriend first." Yahh.. stop talking about my love life, i need to know about your boyfriend. Spill. Now. Every single details." he demanded. 

"Not Korean.Two years older. Professional chef. He decided to opened a restaurant here so here i am." Kyungsoo answered, he always the type who make his answer short and pointed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter