Mission 9

The Wu's Siblings Nannyguard.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Edited!

Junmyeon panicked.

He had never driven this fast in his life-not even when he was late for work, because he always prioritized safety. But one phone call from school earlier that day changed everything.  

It's all because of Sehun, who’d gotten sick. Mr Wu had somehow arranged for Junmyeon to be the first emergency contact number if anything happened to Sehun, so here he was, driving like a madman to reach the school as fast as possible. 

Junmyeon couldn't calm himself down on the way as he kept blaming himself for not paying more attention to Sehun this morning. He had noticed that the boy looked slightly pale and uncomfortable, but he brushed it aside as Sehun had stated that he was fine. He dropped the subject immediately because he knew it would make Sehun annoyed if he kept asking, and now he regretted it. 

He arrived in ten minutes, quickly running to the school's infirmary where the nurse was trying to coax the boy to allow her to check his condition. Junmyeon just stood at the door's room, worried when Sehun kept pushing the nurse away, giving her his famous death glare. 

Something clicked in Junmyeon's mind-something written in Sehun's file a while ago... 

No 34— Sehun hates hospitals/clinics/doctors and everything connected to it. 

When Sehun looked like he was about to throw a tantrum, Junmyeon quickly cleared his throat, getting the nurse's attention. Both the nurse and Sehun turned their heads to him in unison. 

“Uh, I'm Kim Junmyeon, Wu Sehun's bodyguard. I got a phone call earlier about Sehun." He approached the bed slowly while introducing himself, his eyes glancing towards Sehun all the while. 

"Ooh yes, Mr Kim. The teacher told me about you. Can you wait a minute, I'm going to check Sehun’s condition," the nurse said, completely oblivious to the scowl on Sehun's face that was getting deeper and deeper. 

"No, it's okay, nurse. I'm going to take him home. Mr Wu has a personal doctor for their family. He will check Sehun later, I've already called him." Junmyeon offered a small smile as the nurse look a bit hesitant  for a while. She tried to say something, but Sehun suddenly climbed down from the bed, pulling Junmyeon's hand. 

"Let's go, uncle," he said, tugging him to the room's door. Junmyeon quickly followed, but not before he gave a slight bow to the dumbfounded nurse. 

Sehun didn't say anything, but Junmyeon noticed how the boy didn't even have the energy to walk anymore. He was practically dragging his feet while his hand was still linked with the his, which Junmyeon tugged on, making Sehun stop walking. 

Sehun shot him a confused look before Junmyeon crouched down in front of him, offering him a piggyback ride. 

"Climb up, Sehun-shi. Let uncle carry you." Junmyeon said, looking over his shoulder. Sehun didn't move or say anything. There was a blank expression on his face that Junmyeon couldn't quite read. 

"Just climb up. Please sweetie. You know you need this. Come on,” Junmyeon encouraged the boy, making his tone as soft as he could. 

After a bit more coaxing, Sehun finally gave in, wrapping both of his hands around Junmyeon's neck while the bodyguard quickly took a firm hold on the boy's thigh, hoisting him up. He immediately felt Sehun's hot skin burning his back.

He walked along the hallway silently until Sehun suddenly sighed heavily. Junmyeon smiled a bit.  

"Don't worry, uncle won't tell anyone about this piggyback. It's our secret." Junmyeon said, knowing how Sehun didn't like to depend on anyone. He always thought that he could take care of himself because he was a big boy and a big brother to Jongin. He refused to appear weak.

Besides, he didn't even let Junmyeon call Mr Wu and tell him about this fever, saying that he didn’t want to disturb his daddy.

Junmyeon smiled again when Sehun tightened his grip in response. 

---

 

Junmyeon learned that the only doctor Sehun won't chase away is Dr Choi. The man had already worked as the Wu's personal doctor before the siblings were born, and his friendly, fatherly face did help a lot. Sehun seemed to be comfortable with him, letting the doctor do whatever he needed. 

Junmyeon waited outside with Jongin clinging onto him, clearly worried, seeing his pale-faced brother who didn't even have the strength to open his eyes anymore. Junmyeon made sure that Jongin didn't go near Sehun on the bed, worried that the little boy might get affected-which was the last thing he wanted to happen. 

"He has quite the fever. I will provide you the medicine he needs and you have to make sure to keep checking on his temperature, ok? If he doesn’t cool down by tonight, please ask Mr Wu to bring Sehun to the hospital. There's no other way." Dr Choi said, while repacking his equipment into his bag. 

Junmyeon nodded. “OK, I will Doctor. Is there anything else I need to do?" 

Dr Choi shook his head and smiled. "Just take care of him. Make sure he takes his meds and gets enough rest."

Giving the bodyguard a small pat on the shoulder, the doctor walked away with Mr Lee.

Junmyeon sighed. 

"Uncle, is Sehunnie hyung ok?" Jongin asked with his tiny voice, scared that his voice would disturb his older brother. He peeked inside to see him curled up on the bed.

"Your hyung is sick, Nini-yaa. Can you help uncle with something?” Junmyeon asked. 

"Help?” Jongin bit his lower lip, his brown eyes curious.

"Uncle needs to take care of your hyung, so can you be a good boy today? If you do, Sehunnie get well soon, so don't disturb him or go near him. Let him rest. Can you do that?"

Jongin didn't hesitate, nodding quickly. "Ok uncle. Nini will be a good boy today for Hunnie hyung."

Junmyeon brought the little boy to his play room, switching the TV on, and Jongin chose the cartoon he wanted to watch. Before he left, Junmyeon told Mr Lee that he needed help from one of the maids to keep an eye on Jongin, and the butler quickly instructed the maid that Jongin was most comfortable with to do so. He reminded the maid to call him if Jongin needed anything.

Junmyeon then returned to Sehun's room, finding the boy bundled up in his thick blanket, looking paler than before. He put his hand on the boy's forehead and cringed when the heat stung his skin. He seemed to be burning up even more, so Junmyeon quickly entered the boy's bathroom and returned with some water and clean small towel. He soaked the towel completely in the water, wrung it out a bit, and then put it carefully on the boy's forehead. He hoped it would somehow reduce the temperature. It's an old fashioned way to treat a fever, but it always worked whenever he did it for Jongdae. 

Sehun still didn’t eat his lunch yet, so Junmyeon headed to the kitchen to make some porridge for him, so the boy could have his medicine afterwards. The chef, Mr Eric, hesitated at first, saying that he's the one who should do it instead of Junmyeon, but the bodyguard was persistent. He politely assured the chef that it wasn’t a big problem, but the chef only let him into the kitchen after Mr Lee agreed. 

Junmyeon decided to make his special chicken porridge that he always made for Jongdae whenever he caught a fever. Hopefully Sehun will like it just as much as Jongdae did. 

A couple minutes after that, he returned to the room again, a bit worried when he found the towel had already dried even though he just left for a few minutes. Sehun's forehead must be very hot. 

Softly, he tried to wake Sehun up. The boy groaned in response and it took a few more attempts to finally be able to make Sehun open his eyes with a scowl on his face. 

"You need to eat this Sehun-shi so you can take your medicine. Come, uncle will feed you." Ignoring the glare, Junmyeon lifted Sehun's upper body carefully to make him sit up on the bed. He felt the heat on his hands wherever it brushed Sehun's hot skin. 

Junmyeon brought the porridge in front of Sehun's mouth after gently blowing on it several times. Instead of opening his mouth to eat, Sehun just stared at the porridge, like he was wondering what was is in the bowl. 

“What's that? It's doesn't look like Uncle Eric's porridge," he asked, voice a bit hoarse. 

Junmyeon chewed his lip. “Uh...chicken porridge? Come on, just open your mouth, or uncle's gonna call your dad."

Sehun scowled even more at the mention of his father but he opened his mouth anyway. There was an  unreadable look in his eyes but he didn't pay too much attention to it. Maybe Sehun was just confused because of the new menu. Junmyeon was a bit anxious to see what Sehun's reaction to his porridge would be and he sighed in relief when Sehun didn’t spit it right back out. Instead, when he offered a second spoon, Sehun just ate it without complaining. Well, no one could refuse his special porridge anyway. 

He was quite surprised when Sehun finished the whole bowl and took his medicine in silence without any objections. He had already prepared himself for a hard time with the medicine part since the boy really hated it, according to his file, but Sehun himself was quite unpredictable sometimes. Junmyeon was silently grateful that Sehun chose this time to be less grumpy. May

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter