Mission 18

The Wu's Siblings Nannyguard.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Edited 

 

 

"I want to quit my job!!!" Junmyeon screeched through the phone as soon as the line connected. 

"What the—" 

A whisper and then a pause.

Then came the whisper again.  "Goddamnit. Junmyeon? What the hell are you talking about?  It's 2 AM  for God’s sake. I’m going back to slee—"

"No, Kyungsoo, don't end the call!  Please!!  Please!!  I'm sorry for calling so late but I really need to talk you now.  Pleaseeeeee..." Junmyeon begged. 

A sigh and then Kyungsoo whispered to the phone.  "Okay, wait..."  

Junmyeon nodded in relief at first, but when he realised Kyungsoo couldn't see it, he replied 'okay' through the phone.  He wait patiently as he heard another faint voice on the other line and then Kyungsoo's voice saying something.  Probably to Nickhun.

Suddenly Junmyeon felt guilty to have interrupted them so late at night, but he really needed to talk to Kyungsoo right now.  Desperately.

He then heard a rustling from the other line and Kyungsoo voice came out again, this time he didn't whisper like he did earlier. 

"Okay, what happened?  It's better be important or else—"

"I want to quit my job!!!"

A heavy sigh heard from Kyungsoo.  "You already screamed that to me when I picked up the phone earlier—"

Junmyeon could imagine Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"I want details!  Reason or whatever the problem is."

Junmyeon chewed on his bottom lips.

"I don't think I can face him anymore, Kyung.  I mean after what happened—aaargh.  I'm so stupid.  I shouldn't have done that.  I don't know what's on my mind anymore.  I'm really stupid. Kyung, please tell me what I should do.  I should quit, right?  I definitely should quit—“

"Jun..."

"He probably won’t remember it tomorrow but what if he does?  Oh, God!  What if he remember?!  Oh, my God—“

“Junmyeon..."

"Oh, God!!  He even said he—"

“YAHH, KIM JUNMYEON!  CALM DOWN, WILL YOU?!"

Kyungsoo yelled  through the phone and effectively made Junmyeon stopped rambling. There was only a heavy breathing heard on the line after that, which was clearly belonged to the bodyguard.

"Breathe, Jun.  Slowly." Kyungsoo said softly. 

Junmyeon did as Kyungsoo told him until his breathing got calmer than before. 

"Good.  Breathe...  Now, tell me slowly. What happened?"

Junmyeon sighed.  "He kissed me...and I...I kissed him back."

"Who?"

“Kris."

Silence.  Then Kyungsoo replied sleepily.  "Oh.  Okay.  So?" 

Junmyeon's eyes widened.  "What do you mean ‘so?’?  WE KISSED!  KISS!  K-I-S-S.  WHICH ALPHABET DO YOU—" 

“Yah, yah.  I'm not stupid, there's no need to spell the word.  So what's the problem if you kissed?  Doesn't that one of  your dream—"

"He was drunk!  That's the problem!"

Silence again. 

"Oh.  Okay, that's ."

"Kyungie..." Junmyeon whined.  He already knew about that and he didn't need his bestfriend to shove it again on his face. 

A sigh.  "I'm sorry.  My mind can't function well right now.  It's 2 AM, geez.  Well, are you sure he was really drunk when you kissed?" 

Junmyeon sighed.  "Maybe.  I'm not so sure, but he did look drunk."

"Did he does anything else to you?  Or was it just a kiss?"

Junmyeon remembered the confession.  "Erm.."

"Junmyeon...  You better tell me the truth.  Did he force himself on you or something?  Did he try to take advan—"

Kyungsoo's voice suddenly sounded strained and Junmyeon quickly cut him off. 

"No!  No, he didn't.  Just... He...said something."

“Said what?"

“He said he likes me." Junmyeon whispered.  Almost inaudibly. 

"What did you say?  I can't hear you clearly.  Louder, Jun..."

"HE LIKES ME!" Junmyeon blurted out, louder than before, and his cheek suddenly felt warm. 

Kyungsoo gasped.  "He what?  Oh, God, finally, Junmyeon.  I'm happy for you, bestie.  You should  be happy abou—" 

“Ahhh, NO!  This is ridiculous, Kyung!  He probably didn't even know what he was saying.  He was drunk!" Junmyeon wailed pathetically. 

"Yes, but sometimes, drunk confession is the honest one, even that it's less romantic and all, but  some people are more honest with themselves when they're in that state, so maybe Kris-shi is one of them?" Kyungsoo said softly, trying to stay positive.

Junmyeon sighed.  "I don't know, Kyungsoo..."

"Where are you right now?" 

“Apartment." Junmyeon answered. 

After saying his confession, Kris went unconscious and Junmyeon was left speechless and helpless without having the chance to ask further.  He hopelessly stared at his boss for a good minute, still trying to process what Kris had just said until a staff came in and asked if he needed any help.  The boy introduced himself as Yixing's friend and Junmyeon gladly accepted the offer.  Even though he was a bodyguard, who was trained enough to handle this kind of situation even if the guy is bigger than him and thus he definitely could carry Kris outside without any help, but on a second thought, after what happened between them earlier, he doubted he could do that.  His mind was in chaos.

After successfully put Kris on the backseat with the staff's help, Junmyeon drove back to the mansion immediately, and when they arrived, Mr. Lee already waited at the front door with another staffs and Junmyeon gladly let them handle their boss from there.  He couldn't wait any longer so he quickly left the mansion after Mr. Lee and the staffs brought Kris inside.

He opted to get drunk himself, hoping he could forgot everything and pretend nothing had happened but when he remembered he still needed to go to work tomorrow, he quickly cancelled it.  Having a hangover while taking care of the boys, is surely going be the worst thing ever.  He definitely couldn't do that.

So, he decided  to go back to his apartment and think of another way to forget about his misery, and he ended up eating every sweet food he could find in their kitchen, mainly from the fridge.  Jongdae wasn't at home, sleeping over at his friend's house for a study night so Junmyeon felt more miserable.  He need all supports he could have right now, so even after almost emptying all of the sweet snacks they had on the fridge (including Jongdae's favorite ice cream),  Junmyeon couldn't hold it anymore and called the only one he could think of that time, his bestfriend.  Even though he knew had probably slept already. 

"Do you need me to come over right now?" Kyungsoo's concern voice brought Junmyeon’s mind back to the conversation. 

Junmyeon shook him head even though his bestfriend couldn't see it.  "No, Kyungsoo.  It's late already.  I'm fine...  I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?  I can go—" 

“I'm sure, Kyungie.  I'm going to sleep anyway.  I'll be fine by tomorrow, I guess." He tried to convince Kyungsoo even though he himself doubted it. 

"After eating all those sugary stuffs, you think you can sleep?” Kyungsoo scoffed. 

Of course Kyungsoo would know his bad habit to deal with his problem, and Junmyeon just groaned.  "I'll try.  I'll do something."

A sigh heard.  "Stop eating whatever thing you are eating now and go to bed. Leave the now.  Try to sleep."

Junmyeon nodded and sighed.  "Fine."

"Hey, Jun..."

"What?"

“You know I’m always here, right?  One call and I'll be there anytime."

Junmyeon almost sobbed.  "I know.  Thanks again, Kyungie."

"There's no need.  Now go to sleep.  Everything is going to be fine."

Junmyeon chewed on his bottom lip.

"I hope so." 

 

Everything is going to  be fine, Junmyeon. 

 

---

 

Just like what Kyungsoo said last night, Junmyeon couldn't sleep at all.  He was so on a sugar-high and his eyes and body refused to have a rest, and he felt like this morning.  His mind, his body, and his heart were so tired and what he just needed was some sleep, but of course his alarm clock wouldn't agree with him. 

Junmyeon dragged himself to get ready for the work, and when he was about to step out of his apartment, Kyungsoo suddenly showed up with a coffee and breakfast, packed nicely for him to bring it to work.  Even though Kyungsoo clearly noticed his ugly eyebags and red eyes, he didn't say anything about it, and Junmyeon was glad about that because he was not in the mood to talk about it.

After giving a tight hug without any words, Kyungsoo walked with Junmyeon to the parking lot where Nickhun already waited, and the bodyguard gave his most sincere and thankful smile to the chef when he patted his shoulder and smiled reassuringly.  As if he was saying that everything is going to be fine. 

Junmyeon watched as his bestfriend wave and dissappear into Nickhun's sport car and the car left the apartment area. He glance towards the breakfast again and think maybe he can survived for today.

Junmyeon arrived at the mansion twenty minutes later, nervous as hell, even more than when he was on his first day.  He didn't know what to expect today, but he did prepare for the worst and he kept stomping every tiny hope he had that his boss was going to remember what had happened last night, and that the confession was true.  He couldn't bear it if that hope would be denied by Kris himself later, so he better killed it earlier.

He'd do everything to save his already injured heart, because he was really sure the last wound was still bleeding. 

 

Everything is going to be fine, Junmyeon. 

 

---

 

Everything was going well this morning and Junmyeon hadn’t caught a glimpse of his boss at all, and he was really sure Kris had already gone to work when he returned from sending Sehun to school later than usual today.  He purposely did that by using the far route to the mansion just to avoid the siblings's father, because even though he thought he had readied himself for the rejection but the truth is, his heart still refused to accept any of it.

Junmyeon was on the way to Jongin's room when he saw a little figure standing in front of the bedroom.

 "Uncle..." Jongin greeted his nanny sleepily, little fingers rubbing his droopy eyes adorably. 

Junmyeon smiled and sauntered to the boy.  Usually, Jongin would wake up early everyday to join his Daddy for breakfast, and he always waited Junmyeon to return from school in the living room,  but today he didn't.  Junmyeon felt weird at first, but seeing how sleepy Jongin was right now, he didn't give it much thought.  The boy was probably just overslept.  

He crouched down.  "Hey, sweetie...  Aigoo, you woke up late today.  Still sleepy, huh?" Junmyeon ruffled Jongin's soft brown lock after kissing his chubby cheek. 

"Daddy didn't wake Nini up today!" Jongin whined and pouted cutely. 

Junmyeon's chest tightened at the mention of his boss but he quickly ignored it.  "Maybe your Daddy just wanted to let you sleep a bit more today, baby."

Jongin pouted even harder.  "Does Daddy already goes to work, Uncle?"

Junmyeon almost nodded, but suddenly a deep and slightly hoarse voice interrupted him from behind. 

"Jongin baby?"

Jongin looked over Junmyeon's shoulder, and the pout on his plush lips quickly changed into a wide smile.

"Daddy!" 

Junmyeon's heart almost stopped beating.  Jongin already run past him towards his Daddy's bedroom direction, and Junmyeon half-heartedly stood on his feet and turned around.  Kris was standing at the master bedroom's door there, only cladded in a sweatpant without a shirt covering his bare torso.  He also looked so fresh, nothing like a man who had a bad hangover or something like that, much to Junmyeon's dismay.

Was he really drunk last night?

Junmyeon was about to look away from staring at his half- boss, but he was relieved when the tall man picked Jongin up and that effectively covered almost all of the exposed skin. 

"Daddy, did you just woke up too?"

Junmyeon heard Jongin's soft voice asking his Daddy, and Kris nodded before pecking his little baby's plush lips.  Junmyeon averted his eyes for a second because he couldn't help but remembered last night scene.  The soft and sweet taste of Kris's lips was still ghosting on his lips, and he mourned over the fact that maybe that would be the first and the last time he would ever taste it. 

"Yes, baby.  Daddy got a bad headache today."

Jongin's little fingers quickly landed on Kris's forehead, massaging

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter