Mission 10

The Wu's Siblings Nannyguard.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/n: edited!

 

Junmyeon couldn't remember the last time he’d had a good night's sleep like this in the last few years. His bed felt really comfortable and warm and all he wanted to do was sleep all day.  

But of course, that wasn't about to happen. The alarm rang loudly, reminding him to leave the cozy bed and start his day. He groaned, blindly trying to shut down the alarm, hand wandering to reach it, but a weight pinned down his right side, preventing him from moving.

"Ughh what—" Junmyeon sleepily rubbed his eyes, squinting a bit. 

There was a small body curled up besides him, hugging his waist. Junmyeon blinked. Jongdae? 

Wait. This body was quite small compared to Jongdae though, and this definitely wasn’t his bed either. God, where am I? 

A sudden movement on his left side got his attention. Junmyeon glanced to the other side and upon seeing Sehun’s face, all of last night's memories came flooding back in immediately. Ah, right.

Junmyeon wriggled around a bit, shutting down the alarm before it woke up the boys. It was almost 7am, the clock must have already been set up by Sehun for school. 

He paused, realizing how peaceful Sehun looked while sleeping before he remembered his fever. Junmyeon brought his hand immediately to Sehun's neck to feel the temperature, relieved to find it wasn't that high anymore, just a slight warmth. Sehun should still take another day to rest at home today, though.

Junmyeon brushed the fringe covering Sehun's forehead away softly and he smiled when the boy unconsciously leaned into his touch. Would he do that if he was awake though? 

"Junmyeon-shi?"

Junmyeon looked up and his eyes met with a pair of familiar brown eyes.  Mr Wu had already entered the room and was slowly approaching the bed. Junmyeon quickly sat up, trying to be careful not to wake up the boys.   

"Yes Mr Wu." He replied and stiffened when the man sat on the bed, beside Sehun. His hands landed on his son's forehead and neck, checking the temperature.

At this close range, Junmyeon could see all the man`s features clearly, from his tousled brown hair, wild and pointing in every direction, to his half lidded eyes still weighed down from sleepiness. He looked...y?

"His fever’s getting better." Mr Wu murmured.

Junmyeon quickly averted his gaze from him and looked at Sehun instead. Gosh, what am I thinking. 

"Uh yeah—" Junmyeon paused to clear his throat a bit. His voice sounded hoarse from sleep. "Much better, but still warm. Maybe you should call his school for a leave today, sir?" Junmyeon suggested. 

"Yeah. I will do that." Mr Wu agreed while caressing Sehun's cheek softly. "I'll call them later."

"OK.” Junmyeon nodded. 

Then there was a silence between them as Mr Wu seemed to zone out.   He just stared at Sehun and Junmyeon couldn't help but wonder what's going on in his mind right now. 

Silently, Junmyeon took that chance to study the man instead. It was hard not to, especially since it was rare for him to see his boss like this. It felt like this was the real Mr Wu, expression soft and relaxed without his usual strict and serious face, without any makeup, and wearing a simple tee and sweatpants instead of his branded suit. 

In front of him right now is Wu Yifan, a loving single father, not Kris Wu, the CEO of Wu Corporation. 

He wondered how many people had seen this side of him. 

"Junmyeon-shi!"

Junmyeon jumped a bit. Mr Wu was already looking at him and Junmyeon felt his face heat up immediately. Did Mr Wu catch him staring? 

"Uh yes? I'm sorry, did you say anything?"  Junmyeon chewed his bottom lip nervously.

“No, you're just spacing out. Are you OK?"

That concerned tone made him feel those weird feelings that he kept feeling a lot lately, like there were a thousand butterflies flying or bugs crawling around in his stomach. Why did he felt like a teenager falling in love for the first time?

"Y-yeah. I'm uh fine.. Uhm yeah. I'm OK." Junmyeon answered and smiled awkwardly. He tried to convince his boss but ended up stuttering badly. 

Smooth, real smooth, Kim Junmyeon. 

"You didn't sound very convincing though. Are you really okay? Your face looks...red." Mr Wu said, and Junmyeon instantly covered his cheeks with his hands. 

No, no, this is not the time to blush! 

“Oh my...Did you catch a fever too?“ Mr Wu asked, his expression already looking guilty and worried. Seeing his concern, Junmyeon felt those butterflies getting all excited again. But before he could answer, his breath hitched when he felt a cold touch on his forehead. Mr Wu already had his hand there, checking Junmyeon body's temperature. The man frowned for a while then changed it to Junmyeon's neck.  

The sudden touch made him flinch and Mr Wu, startled, quickly retreated his hands. "Uh…I'm sorry. I just wanted to check your temperature, I didn't mean to—"

Junmyeon shook his head quickly. "It's o-okay sir. Just your h-hand is a bit cold and my neck is kinda sensitive...that's why." 

"Still, I'm sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. Uh, you do feel warm but I don’t think it’s a fever."

Junmyeon blushed. "Yeah I think so. Don't worry, Mr Wu."

Then, both of them looked at each other at the same time and their eyes locked. Junmyeon felt like time had suddenly stopped; as cliche as its sounds, it felt like there was just the two of them in the room.

His heart thumped loudly in his ribcage, threatening to jump out as he drowned in those beautiful brown eyes. Unconsciously, his eyes slowly wandered down and stopped at those thin lips, naturally red and really inviting. Junmyeon wondered if they would taste good as they looked, kissable and-

"Daddy?"

The silent spell ended as the tiny voice broke their eye contact. Jongin.

Junmyeon unconsciously sighed, relieved. Jongin mig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter