Mission 1

The Wu's Siblings Nannyguard.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: edited! please enjoy!

 


Before this, when someone asked Junmyeon about his profession, he would answer proudly that he was a bodyguard. The smugness in his voice would make it evident that he believes it’s the best job in the world. Well,  for him, at least. 

Since he was in high school, Junmyeon had always dreamt of becoming a bodyguard. He thought they looked so cool and dangerous, at least, in the movies they did. He was the type who loved challenges, and a job as bodyguard is definitely his destiny. 

Now he knows it’s all a lie. It had been almost seven years since he’d become a well-trained bodyguard, but not  once had he faced any challenges in his job, thanks to his appearance. 

Junmyeon had a soft and friendly face, that wasn't fierce or intimidating enough. His body wasn’t as bulky or as big as his fellow workmates. He could be considered petite. Even though his skills and abilities were considered one of the best in the company, most of the clients didn't care about that. They want a tough-looking bodyguard and Junmyeon is definitely not on the list. 

So, he ended up mostly working in the office rather than escorting some important person, and his skills were getting rustier every day. Junmyeon wanted to give up. 

 ---

"Tough day, huh?" The husky and deep voice got Junmyeon's attention immediately. He looked up from his desk and saw a big grin on the other's face. Junmyeon gave a slight smile in return. 

“Oh, Jonghyun hyung...What could be tough about sitting here at office the whole day? I feel like giving up. Maybe this is not the job I’m destined for." Junmyeon sighed and continued working. He raised his head again when he felt a soft pat on his shoulder. 

"Well, don't give up Junnie-ahh. Who knows, maybe your day will come soon? When it comes, you will shine, bright enough to outshine even Rex. Trust me."  Jonghyun grinned widely and patted his shoulder again. Junmyeon couldn't help but chuckle. Even though it sounds impossible, it does give him some hope. 

"We know Rex is the best here so it's impossible hyung. But thanks anyway. You do know how to make me feel better." Junmyeon laughed.

Jonghyun grinned and mouthed 'fighting' before excusing himself. The younger of the two just nodded and smile before sighing again. He noticed the file in Jonghyun's hand, meaning that he had got himself another client, which didn’t surprise him, because Jonghyun is also one of their best assets.

...

 

The clock already showed 8pm when he stopped working. Most of his workmates at the office had already left, just a few still stuck at their own desk. Everyone knew that the office workers were usually the bodyguards who ranked lower than C, which their companies decided isn't qualified enough to be a full bodyguard, making Junmyeon feel even worse. 

He's actually a rank A bodyguard, yet he's still stuck here. 

Maybe he should give up. Maybe being a bodyguard isn't his ideal job. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter