[3] Distraction

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

Warning: This chapter contains violence.

<< Distraction >>

The quarter moon is covered with some grey clouds below the tall tower buildings. The buildings have lighting. A lot of vehicles still turn on the headlight beams. It is hard for the drivers to see because it is too dark in the city. They are passing the people and several places. There are many crowds of people including high school/college/university students, couple, and co-workers. They want to buy the street food, clothes, and go anywhere. It is noisy around the place. The people talk a lot.

Jimin is walking past the crowds of people. He is going to the cafe because he is very thirsty and his body feels shiver. He exhales to make it steaming in the air from his mouth. He puts his hands in his pocket. It keep them warm. He covers his thick scarf around his neck. He rummages in the other side of his pocket for a cellphone. He takes out his cellphone from the pocket.  He holds it in his hands tightly to play a game. He is bored to have nothing to do with him. The cellphone is closer toward his chest. He bends his head to see the small screen without looking for so long.

He walks down the street by alone from a miles away. He turns to his right. He steps into the wrong place. He feels that something is wrong with him. He lifts his head up. He swivel his head to see around the unexpected area. He thinks that it is the cafe, but it's not. He turns around. It is very quiet around the environment. He is shocked and feels uneasy. It is very unusual for him to feel like there is no one else around the place. It is creepy, cold, and isolated There are some closed stores with large metal walls. There are also few hobos sleeping on the ground with cardboards in a cold air. There are some newspapers littering on the ground. He doesn't know where to go find the right place for the cafe. His heart starts to pound so fast. He is in a worst panic. He wanders around the site of the unfamiliar place to find the right place. He doesn't get to the cafe. He doesn't look into his direction. He accidentally bumps into the unknown guys in black leather jackets and black pants that they cover their hidden face with their hooded jackets. He scans them from head to toes. He thinks that they seems so ruthless to him. One  of the guys gazes at Jimin. He walks toward Jimin. He grabs Jimin by his shirt. He clenches his strong fist. He punches him in the face at few times. Jimin gets startled and falls against the metal walls. The second guy grabs Jimin's wallet from his pocket without his permission. He rotates his wallet in his hand. He smirks and laughs at Jimin naughtily. He makes Jimin feeling angry and clenching his fists. Jimin rushes toward the second guy. The second guy is holding it in his hand to raise his hand high below Jimin's head. Jimin tries to snatch his wallet out of the second guy's hand. Jimin jumps and reaches out for the wallet, but the second guy pushes Jimin's chest hard. Jimin falls to the ground. His hands are getting numb on the ground. The second guy throws Jimin's wallet towards the first guy. The first guy catches it. He unfolds the wallet to take all Jimin's bills out from the wallet. He shows his evil smile on his face. Jimin looks at them. His heart sinks heavily. He gets very upset and frustrated. His anger is increasing. They laugh and look at him with their sinister voices and cruel eyes. The first guy throws Jimin's wallet on the ground towards Jimin. Jimin grits his teeth and clenches his fists. His fist pounced on the ground.  The guys are about to leave. Although, Jimin gets up and stumble his body on the ground. He grips the first guy's lower leg for capturing. He doesn't want them to leave because he wants to need to give it back from them. The first guy stops and glares at Jimin fiercely. Then, he kicks Jimin in the stomach too hard. The second guy is doing the same thing as the first guy does in the first place. Jimin gasps in pain and feels that something is cracked in his few ribcages. His tears come out. He doesn't scream at all. The guys leave again. He groans in agony. He is left to be alone lying there on the ground.  He lifts himself up to support his body by pushing the walls against his arm.

 
 
 
 

Jimin reaches the house. He is walking with heavy steps. His body is stiff and sore. He receives some torture from the guys. He arrives there. He is standing by the door at his house. He withdraws his key from his pocket. He is shaking his hands to hold it. He groans again. He tries to insert it into the keyhole. He opens the knob door. He enters into the room.

His aunt is standing there. She mops the floors with a sweep in the living room. She hears that the sounds of footsteps are coming from behind her heavily. She lifts her head.  She looks up at someone. It is Jimin. He has a bruised face and looks painful. He stumbles to walk clumsily. She gasps and widens her eyes. She runs toward Jimin. She touches his ruined face. She is worried about him. She asks worriedly, "What happened to your face? Did they hit you? Seriously?" Jimin shakes his head and answers in a shaky voice, "Uh. No, nothing!" He chuckles softly. He fakes a smile. His aunt shakes her head. She doesn't believe that he is lying to her. She clenches her fists. She says seriously, "Please tell me what happened. I will persuade anyone to apologize to you." Jimin looks at the ground quietly. He doesn't answer her questions. It's hard for him to explain how he gets hurt by anyone. She pulls his gentle hand to lead him into the living room.  She points a finger at the sofa to give a signal for sitting down. Jimin sits down on the sofa. She says, "Please stay here. I will get a first aid for you. I will be right back for a minute."

She comes back to the living room. She carries the first aid box with her. She walks toward the sofa. Jimin looks at her that she looks so sad and her heart is ache. He raises his brows. She finally sits down on the sofa next to him. She puts the first aid box down on the coffee table. She opens it to rummage through the first aid box for cotton swabs, bandage, and ointment. She suddenly grabs them in her hands and then opens the cap of the ointment cream. She touches Jimin's ruined face to clean his wounds, but Jimin pushes her hands away. She is disappointed. She touches his face again. She is unhappy to see that there are few bruises on his face. Jimin feels hurt. He says, "Ouch, Ouch!" She is done healing his wounds. She holds her hands on her laps. She looks at him. She hugs him tightly. He asks, "Why do you treat me nicely?" She says with an angelic voice, "Because your family....Sorry. I love you." She smiles at him and hugs him again. He sighs heavily. She frees him from hugging. Jimin stays silent and looks at the ground again.

He knows that his money is stolen. He gulps and turns his head to look at his aunt. He tries to ask her. He calls, "Aunt!" His aunt turns to look at him. She asks softly, "Yes, what?" He asks nervously, "Um, can you give me a little money for lunch?" She frowns her brows and then asks seriously, "Why??" He scratches his head. He is afraid that he might tell her the truth if his aunt might be getting angry and going to see the bad guys because of Jimin getting hurt. He also thinks that he is afraid if she might get hurt by those guys. He knows that his aunt is a very soft hearted person and adopts him as a foster son like she is a mother to him. He gulps. He lies, "My wallet is lost because I drop it around the classroom." She says, "Ohh, I see...Okay. You can find yourself for your wallet. Should I give you a small money for lunch?" Jimin nods and says, "Yes, please." His aunt replies, "Son, alright. So I will place the money on the dining room that you can buy your own lunch tomorrow morning. Then, I will leave for work early. Okay??" He nods again and fakes a smile. He says, "Thank you."

Jimin stands up and then he goes to his room. He sits down and lands his hands on the bed slowly. He is still in painful. He sits up in the comfortable position. He groans in pain again. He lifts his shirt up to see that there is a worse bruise on his abdomen. He is dissapointed because he doesn't like to get hurting. He hunches his head and shoulders to look at the ground. He holds his hands on his laps. He stays silent in the quiet room. He turns his head to look at the picture frame with a picture that is concealed on the nightstand beside the bed. He closes his lips and looks so sad that he thinks deeply about someone he misses a lot.