[21] After School Activities

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<< After School Activities >>

After their day at the amusement park, Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Dongjae have run out of their energy and their legs are sore from the excessive walking.

For two weeks, Jungkook holds the pictures of him and his friends from their day at the amusement park, as he thinks deeply of which picture is the best one for his art project, and sits calmly on the stool chair in front of the canvas in his art class at school. He reads a huge amount of complicated information from the book he's borrowing to gain more knowledge about art. He then decides to ask his male classmate who also is staying after school, for further explanations about the things he has read from the book. He and his classmate have never talked  to each other before. Jungkook asks, "E-excuse me? Do you mind explaining to me what this chapter is really about?" His classmate nods and gently grabs the book. After finishing analyzing the long chapter in just less than two minutes, he begins explaining to Jungkook. Understanding everything that he has said, Jungkook thanks him before asking for his name. His male classmate replies, "I'm Hoseok. Nice to meet you. You're Jungkook, right?"

Meanwhile, Taehyung is at the student council, where he has a position as one of the representatives. His group is doing the fundraising  project for the comparative civilization class' students who are trying to raise enough money for their trip to Italy. He and his group plan to sell boxes of assorted chocolates, in fact that it is the best and easier way to raise money since everyone loves chocolates. They have already made flyers to notify all the students and staffs about chocolate sales, and the students' trip to Italy. In the hallway, he and his group finishes setting up the tables and decorating the walls with posters of K-pop groups/singers. He then looks at the clock. It's almost 3:30 pm, and he sees only six people waiting in the line. He begins to worry and lose his confidence. The few people waiting are four female students, one female teacher, and the librarian. He sighs, not being sure if he and his groups have done their tasks well, especially, the marketing part, with the promoting and advertisements. He assumes that the four female students only come to take a picture with him due to his good looks. He sighs before telling everyone that the chocolates' sale has begun.

During the basketball game between two schools, the score is currently 16-20, with the opposite team being in the lead. Jimin runs as fast as he can, while he is dribbling the ball and is trying to be near the basket on the opposite's side. One of his opponents distracts him by taunting at him to let the other opponent grab the basketball from him. His opponent runs really fast all the way to the other side and successfully shoots the ball in the basket. The referee whistles loudly and informs the two teams to take a break. Jimin walks to his team's base and listens carefully to his coach for some advice. The coach is much pressured, indicating that his blood pressure will start to rise like a volcano. All of a sudden, he forcedly throws his water bottle to the ground before the bottle being bounced back to his right knee. "Ayeyeye!! Okay! Okay! Listen up!! You! Ignore that guy who never sweats a single drip! You! Taunt at that guy who likes to taunt! You all! Run as fast as possible!! You see this senior lady over there in the bench? She runs faster than all of you! That's right. I've seen her several times when I was jogging in the early mornings! She runs without taking a break!" Jimin notices that his team is feeling uncomfortable, one of them who is quietly weeping. A few minutes later, the game resumes, with the referee asking one person from each team to meet in the centre for the basketball. With a strong force, the referee throws the ball close to the ceiling amazingly. The crowd is in awe. As the ball is falling down fast, the referee is afraid that it might hit his face, and immediately jumps out, "Ahhhh!" Jimin's teammate who is in the centre, successfully catches the ball and quickly passes the ball to their teammate. This teammate pauses and dribbles the ball 100x times faster than usual. Their coach shouts, "What are you doing?! It's not a contest!!" Their opponent laughs and grabs the basketball right away. Jimin's other teammate jumps in front of this opponent and stops him, by jumping like how Mario jumps. This jump startles his opponent, making him to drop the basketball. Jimin's other teammate who also happens to be a background dancer, grabs the ball and runs to the other side, with a bit of dancing style. The coach groans. This teammate passes the ball to Jimin, and he then begins running while dribbling the ball. He runs so fast that his body begins to sweat more. Out of nowhere, his opponent surprises him, quickly dabbing on Jimin's stomach and hips. The referee doesn't notice the illegal move. Jimin squints his eyes, with a few tears coming out. His opponent blocks him, while acting like a crab. He then decides to ignore the physical pain he's feeling right now, and immediately turns his face expression into a beast, screaming loudly. He then runs to the left and leaps like a cheetah before he jumps abd dumps the ball into the basket. The crowd cheers, while a few of the female studentsget infatuated by Jimin's act. Jimin's team's score is currently 18, 6 points less than the other team's. Jimin and his team cheer loudly, surprising their coach by their team spirit and enthusiasm. Kwangsoo whispers, "Wow."

Jungkook sleeps on the soft couch by the canvas stands after an hour of sketching and thinking of ideas. He finally wakes up and ascends from the couch. He grabs his bag when he's about to leave the art room, but he notices the small, fainted light flashing on his phone's upright corner. He then takes it to check any notification. He learns that it's a message from his mom. He's told that she needs his help for the forthcoming special even being booked near the beautiful mountains nd the prestigious university. The special event is the reunion of all of her old high school classmates. He groans tiredly because of his packed schedule, and he needs to get his art project done before the art exhibition in a few days. He knows that both her high school reunion and the art exhibition are set on the same day. His mom has already told him that he can leave the reunion event early, so that he can attend the art exhibition at his school.

The basketball game ends with Jimin's team winning by 32-24. He's very glad that he has gotten a new experience in his life, thanks to his close friends' encouragement. Even though his two friends are unable to come to the game, he still doesn't mind that at all, knowing that his friends are busy. His lips turn into a smile before his teammates suddenly pat Jimin's bak. "WE WON!!", says one of his teammates. His other teammate screams, "We're going to the semi-finals!!" Jimin shows his awkwardness and shyness, yet he's generous to be a part of his team as he is one of the best technical basketball players. His coach sees him and gives him a quick wink, before he announces that they all will eat at a restaurant to celebrate their victory. However, Jimin has a shift later that night. So, he tells his coach  about it and that he will not be able to join them. His coach replies, "Alright! I'll see you after tomorrow! Don't forget to get enough sleep!" Jimin nods and goes to the locker room to change his clothes. Jimin is disappointed that he can't join them for dinner, but he needs money, in case if they enter the basketball final game. The game could take in a faraway place as they might be staying at a hotel, which costs a lot of money. Jimin waves good-bye at his team and their coach before he walks out of the exit doors. 

Taehyung is getting really exhausted due to many people waiting in the line to buy their chocolates, after the basketball game has just ended. There are approximately 200 people. Taehyung and his group are quickly selling boxes of assorted chocolates non-stop, to prevent the waiting people from being impatient. After just ten minutes, all of the boxes have been sold out, with the remaining 20 people still in the line.  Taehyung promises the 20 people that they will get their boxes of chocolates through delivery. Half of hour later, Taehyung finally leaves the school and is on his way to his sister's house. He misses his old house because some of the rooms are currently having a renovation and it might take at least two weeks to complete. His mom can't wait to see the new wooden floors in their bedrooms. Taehyung finally arrives at his sister's house and tiredly slumps into the sofa.

Jimin sighs heavily as he continues stocking the books in the shelves non-stop. He then looks at the three carts with huge piles of books that need to be put in the selves. He groans, hoping to get his task done in a short amount of time. His legs begin to feel sore from standing for two hours without taking a break. He feels someone patting on his head softly, so he turns around and thinks suspiciously, "Who is that?" The guy smiles with his dazzling dimples. Jimin immediately raises his brows by realizing who it is. He says, "Oh! It's you! How are you today?" Namjoon says, "I'm fine and thank you. Um, I am told by our supervisor that I should help you out with something. How may I help you?" Jimin nods, then he answers, "I need your help with stocking all these books." Namjoon then replies, "Ok, I will help you." Jimin curls up into a soft smiles, acknowledging his trust in Namjoon and their good working relationship. Namjoon is a fast learner who is willing to work hard, organize things well, and is a very reliable person. Jimin leaves Namjoon as he begins to work on his own tasks that involves mostly computer work. Jimin almost forgets that there will be a special event at the kids' section on the next day. He has to make everything in this section neat and clean, and by doing that, he kindly asks the janitor to help with the cleaning. The janitor accepts his favour. Jimin then goes to the employees' room and finds boxes of colour papers, paints, crayons, toy instruments, brand-new children books, and things for decorations. Snacks and drinks are already in the fridge. Jimin decides to inform Namjoon about the special event. Namjoon says excitedly, "Woah, cool! I'd love to help you with setting up kids' event. I just finished stocking all of these books!" Jimin smiles, and then introduce Namjoon to the janitor whose name is Seokmin. Namjoon cheerfully says, "Nice to meet you! I hope we will get along well! Ask me if you need any help." Seokmin smiles and gives gives him a thumb-up. "Alright", says Seokmin. After Seokmin leaves, Jimin gives Namjoon a few tasks that need to be completed before the library closes in an hour, hoping that the kids' special event will be fully prepared in no time.