[19] Tickets

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

 

 

<< Tickets >>

It is autumn now as the weather has been getting cooler, and the leaves are starting to fall. Jimin feels a cool breeze around his warm body. He brings his thick coat and large scarf with him to make himself warm. His lips are chapped and very dry as he has abruptly remembered that he left his balm on his desk at home. A few minutes later, the temperature is decreasing gradually and his body starts to shiver. While walking on his way to school, he finds his favorite cafe and buys his usual kind, caramel macchiato. His hands are held onto the warm cup, feeling relieved from the chilliness. Up the steep sidewalk, he huffs as he keeps walking up to reach the school. He is still feeling tired and his dark circles are still visible from the previous night. He suddenly hears the noise behind him, sounding like there are a few footsteps tapping on the ground quickly. He hears the voices but can't really understand them a couple of feet away. He halts and turns around, looking at the unfamiliar faces with his blurry eyes, before recognizing that they are Jungkook and Taehyung. His friends are coming towards Jimin while panting so hard, and then putting their hands on their knees. They cough a bit and clear their throat. Taehyung then calls him right away, "Jimin! We want to ask you something. You might be interested." Jimin raises his brows curiously while he lifts up his head to take his scarf off. He looks at Jungkook carrying the thick book in his left arm. The thick book may seem to look like a literature fiction kind by its title and cover. He asks, "What's the thick book you're carrying in your left arm?" Jungkook gulps once and says, "This book teaches mainly about art! It tells theories, methods, and all different things! I hope I can be one of the greatest artists in the world!"

 

Jimin nods with a pair of glistening eyes and says, "That's cool! You will be! Oh, Taehyung? You were saying?" Taehyung nods and thinks, "I forgot something I was going to tell you.. Oh right! Um, are you interested in going to the amusement park next week? It's reopened just recently, and Jungkook and I got four free admission tickets! Thanks to Jungkook's mom who has a connection with the people who reopened the amusement park!" Jimin widens his open eyes with a huge happiness being spread around, even though he's feeling a bit guilty for not havying to pay for it, and plus, he is almost broke due to spending his money on his basketball equipment needs. He bites his lower lips to think about whether he should accept the ticket or not due to his scheduling conflicts with his basketball practices. He then awkwardly asks, "Oh wait! What do we do at the amusement park?" Jungkook gently laughs and answers straightly, "I have an idea for drawing a portrait of us. That's why I think the amusement park is the best place, in my opinion. It has full of excitement, happiness, and I want to experience it with you guys, hoping that I can paint the portrait out of my feelings. The mood and style are something I need to focus on the most, and the deadline of my project will be next month before the art exhibition, which will take place at our school as a part of the special anniversary of our school's art program." Jimin replies, "Oh, wow! That's interesting! I'll think about it first before I'll let you know whether I'm going or not." Taehyung says, "Alright, the chatting time is over. It's class time!" Jimin and Taehyung walks together to their class while Jungkook goes to his class.

During the lunch hour, Jimin and his basketball team are running around the school for several laps to build up their stamina more. After that, they go back to the gym and rest. Jimin has a lot of sweats in his clothes and all over his face. He walks limply towards the bench by the boys' locker room and sinks into the hard, wooden bench to grab his bottle. He drinks all of the water before sliding his left hand through his sweaty hair. He is still feeling exhausted from running. He remembers that he is told by his coach, Kwangsoo, "Jimin! Please try to build up your stamina more, so you won't feel too exhausted during the games." In the locker room, he removes his smelly, soaked t-shirt from his upper body, revealing his six packs of abds, and replaces it with his clean, fresh-scented t-shirt. He takes his sweatpants off and puts his another sweatpants on. He grabs his sport bag and leaves the locker room while exchanging his goodbyes with his team.

After school, Jungkook and Taehyung meets up at Sulminda Dessert Cafe. They high fives each other cheerily and talks about they've asked Jimin out. They order one mango & banana patbingsu and one melon with red bean syrup patbingsu. They also have their big mug of cappuccino. They are playing with their smartphone without chatting much because they are very tired from their busy activities such as Jungkook's studying about art and Taehyung's leadership program.

Taehyung feels the vibration from his phon in his cold, soft hands. He swipes the lock screen and sees a notification on his phone. It's a text from Jimin.

 

8pm

From: Jimin-ah XD

I don't have basketball practices and work shifts next week. I can come with you guys to the amusement park. Which day?

Taehyung cries victoriously and taps on Jungkook's shoulder softly. Jungkook stops playing with his smartphone. He raises his one brow and asks, "Can Jimin come next week?" He waits for Taehyung to answer. Taehyung says excitedly, "Yes!! Yes!!" Jungkook turns his lips into a very big smile and shows his thumb up to Taehyung. Taehyung nods and says, "I'm gonna text him back."

8:30 pm

From: Taehyung

I'm so happy that you are able to come with us! We're going next Friday @ 2:30 pm

8:33 pm

From: Jimin-ah XD

Okay, thanks!

I have to sleep now. I have a basketball practice tmrw morning. Good night~

8:35 pm

From: Taehyung

Okay, take care! Jimin

After Taehyung has done texting Jimin, he and Jungkook are still staying in the dessert cafe. Jungkook asks, We have four tickets. Do you want your nephew to join us? He's still lonely." Taehyung has a sad look on his face. He replies quietly, "He has a hard time making firends or maybe he doesn't want to make friends at all. But I was surprised that he and Jimin got along well with ech other. I'm glad he has gotten an interest in basketball and Jimin could be his best mentor! He's always hugging his own teddy bear. I don't know why he couldn't or didn't want to make friends. I forced him to make friends, but he still resisted. I care for my nephew. I always get called by my sister to look for him since she has a heavy job and works long hours. That could be a cause for him not making friends or a contact with anyone. But right now, I'm feeling disappointed in myself tht I couldn't help him. Yes, he did become friends with Jimin, but I still want him to make more friends at his school." Jungkook nods and says, "Just be patient. Maybe for now, it's not the right time for him to make more friends. You have to leave him alone a bit, and let him change whenever he feels like it. The good thing is that he has a friend. It takes time." He gently pats on Taehyung's shoulders. Jungkook says, "I gotta go now. It's getting late! Hope he can come with us!" He then stnds up from his chair, puts his thick coat, and covers his neck and bottom lips with his scarf around.

Taehyung and Jungkook wave goodbye at each other as Jungkook leaves out of the door.

Taehyung still stays at the cafe. He then receives a text from his mother, who tells him that they will be staying at his sister's house due to her last minute plan of renovating their whole house. He sighs and replies back to her that he will meet in a bit. Feeling tired, he falls asleep on his backpack on the table, a few minutes before being shaken by the cafe's owner that the cafe is closing.