[17] Untitled

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

 

The fresh winds gently blow the beautiful dandelions and the small pollens from the lovely dandelions fly freely to several different places. The sun is still shining brightly. Jungkook is left alone on the rooftop. He lies back on the tree trunk and is snoring loudly with his earphones on his ears, listening to his favorite songs. His head is low and leaning on his own shoulder.

Taehyung walks into Jungkook's class to look for him and notices that Jungkook is not there. He assumes that Jungkook is at the rooftop since they always spend time there. He runs up the stairs, vigorously grasping the handle bar. He hastily opens the door. He squeezes his eyes because the sun is too bright. He then sees Jungkook sitting by the trunk tree clearly. He walks towards Jungkook. He squats down next to him on the ground and tries to nudge him by waking him up. Jungkook is flinched and his eyes instantly open. He feels a bit tired and his tired eyes become swollen. Taehyung says worriedly, "Hey! Jungkook! Why didn't you text me back? Last night, I texted you." Jungkook's mind sinks into a stupor as he doesn't pay attention what Taehyung has said. Jungkook rubs his eyes and says in a monotone, "Oh, pardon me?" Taehyung sighs heavily and repeats, "Why didn't you text me back?" Jungkook snaps out of his tiredness and realizes what he means. He says tiredly, "Oh, I was busy helping my mom last night. She was working late again and she really needed my help. I stayed up until 2 am. And to tell you the truth, I want to sleep now. I'm so exhausted." He stretches his stiff body. Then, he says, "I don't like her work but I don't mind helping her out." His back and legs are sore. He made a heavy sigh and then twitches his lips into a smile.  He looks at Taehyung and asks, "What did you do on the weekend?" Taehyung says in a good mood, "I enjoyed playing basketball with my nephew and Jimin. It was really fun! I was so happy for them because the've never had fun before. They also played some fun activities together while I was making some snacks. I'm glad they were having a good time together." Jungkook nods and laughs, "AHHA! Well, good for them!! They totally deserved to have fun and be happy! Maybe next time, we can all play together! I haven't seen your nephew for a while! Was he amazed by Jimin's basketball skills?"

Taehyung shows his thumb up and says, "Daebak! He was very amazed!! He said he wanted to be a basketball player one day!! Jimin is becoming a role model! Hmm I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous of him! I think I'm a better role model, but oh well! Good for him! I'm glad Jimin and my nephew have gotten along with each other! Get up! Jungkook, let's go!" He softly slaps on Jungkook's left arm. Jungkook is flinched and says in a muffled voice, "Ooooh oww!" Taehyung says, "Oh! I'm sorry... my bad. It's a nice thing that you helped your mom when she needed you. We're proud of you. You're a good mamaboy!" Jungkook cringes and says, "That sounds very cheesy. But thank you for your kind words. Taehyung pats on Jungkook's back softly. Jungkook gets up and stretches his arms, taking a deep breath while smelling the fresh air. As both walk down the stairs, Taehyung checks at his watch on his left wrist and realizes that he is late for his chemistry class. He shouts, "I have to go now! I will see you later!" Jungkook waves good-bye at Taehyung.

*************************************

In the chemistry lab, Jimin is seen sitting at his table with no one beside him as he is waiting for his friend, Taehyung, who also happens to be his lab partner as well. While his class is waiting for their teacher and socializing , he grabs the thick textbook, his notebooks, and a mechanical pencil from his backpack and place his supplies on the table. He lazily sits on the high stool chair and a few seconds, Taehyung finally arrives. Taehyung walks towards Jimin and says, "I'm glad the teacher has not arrived yet! I don't want to be marked 'late' again. My mom is always nagging me for being late all the time! Haha!"

Few minutes later, their chemistry teacher finally arrives and stands in front of the class, having a serious face on. His teacher's eyes glares at the students who stop speaking. The teacher shouts, "Okay! Class now! Today is lab day! I hope you al have already read the procedure and instructions to be prepared! Oh! And the textbook makes another mistake. I wrote down the RIGHT measurements on the board. Please copy them onto your paper, or else your experiment will be screwed! If you have any questions, please come to me at my desk! You may begin!" After collecting all the requirements including the materials and chemicals, they finally begin. However, Taehyung admits that he is not prepared as he never read the procedure and instructions the past few days because he is lazy. Jimin admits that even though he has read the procedure and instructions already, he doesn't understand them at all, declaring this lab experiment as very long and the most difficult. He reminds Taehyung to carefully the right measurements from their teacher and not the measurements on the textbook. As they carefully read the steps on the textbook, Jimin asks Taehyung to put the right amount of one of the chemicals into a tube. Taehyung obeys and grabs a spoon and the bottle of one of the chemicals. He gently squeezes the bottle onto the spoon and looks at the textbook. After putting all the required chemicals into the tubes, Jimin puts one tube of chemical in the 500 mL beaker with water on the heater, and he does the same for other tubes of different chemicals. While observing them, all of a sudden, one of the beakers on the heater starts shaking.involuntarily. The chemicals in the tube starts to bubble quickly. Taehyung is in awe while Jimin's face looks very anxious. Jimin whispers, "Something is not right..." The tube with bubbling chemicals in the beaker suddenly explodes and most of the liquids and very few broken glass pieces have been spread to several directions. The mixed chemicals from the tube are not highly toxic and dangerous to the human's skin, so luckily, everyone who has some liquids on their clothes and their skin are fine, but very few if them has small cuts from the broken glass chips of the beaker and tube. Taehyung who has most of the liquids on himself is not injured. The teacher rushes in and asks, "Taehyung, are you okay?! Follow me now!" The teacher brings him to the shower area to rinse all the chemicals off his face and every area of his body. The teacher once again asks, "Are you okay?!" Taehyung nods and says, "I'm okay. I'm okay." The teacher then immediately grabs the phone and calls for first aid. The teacher then announces to the class that they will continue working on their lab experiment on the other day and that now the class has been dismissed. The person with first aid quickly arrives and asks the teachers for the injured students. The teacher points to the small group of people who have small cuts on their skins. Taehyung sits on the stool chair and waits to be checked by the person with first aid. Jimin comes back with an extra hoodie in his hands. He gives it to Taehyung, "Your jacket is coveered with chemicals, so I'm giving you my extra hoodie because it's cold outside." Taehyung thanks him and puts the hoodie in his bag. Taehyung says, "I think I've accidentally read one of the required measurements on the textbook instead of the paper." Jimin laughs and tells him that he is okay. The teacher comes and says, "Tsk! Tsk! Next time, please pay attention and stay focused. I'm glad you're okay. But please, always stay focused."