[18] Co-worker

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<<< Co-worker >>>

 

In the evening, Jimin is busy working at the library. He is wearing a dark navy apron with his white formal buttoned shirt underneath, his pair of dark pants and a pair of black shoes, as part of dress code. The telephone nearby, suddenly rings, and it's a call from his manager. He has been informed that his co-worker is very ill due to unknown disease and will not be able to come for the next two weeks. However, his manager fortunately has found someone who is looking for a part-time job and will be replacing his co-worker. His manager will introduce the new employee to Jimin shortly. While he is carrying twenty heavy books with his strong, muscular arms to the cart and putting all the checked books on the shelves, his manager calmly calls his name, and he turns around, looking at his manager with a young guy besides their manager. The young guy has pink hair, a pair of nerdy glasses, very formal clothes, and is almost the same age as Jimin. Jimin politely bows to his manager before standing straightly, showing his best posture. He quickly glances at his new co-worker before turning his eyes to his manager. His manager clears and then kindly introduces the new employee to Jimin. She says, "This person is Kim Namjoon. Today is his first day, of course. So, would you mind showing him around and how things work? Thank you. And Namjoon, this Jimin. I hope you guys have a lovely day. See you guys tomorrow." Shortly after their manager leaves. Namjoon smiles big with his two dimples on his face and quickly pulls his right hand out of his right pocket into the air for a handshake.He cheerfully says, "I'm Namjoon." Jimin shyly gives a fake smile and responds in a monotone, "I know. I'm Jimin." Then he shakes his new employee's hand for a second. He says, "Follow me. I need your help. It's pretty simple." He brings Namjoon to the check-out counter and teaches him how to scan and organize all the returned books. Jimin says, "Once you finished, put all the books on the cart. Let me know when you're done and I'll show you how to find locations for these books and how to store them." Namjoon nods certainly and then grabs a returned book to scan.

 

************************************

Taehyung is meeting with Jungkook at 720 Delicate Cafe. A fragrant scent of a coffee is filling up the room. Taehyung tells Jungkook about the accident during his chemistry class with Jimin and the extra jacket Jimin has given him since his clothes were partially dirty or ruined. Jungkook drinks his hot latte, while nodding in awe, and thinks with a full of uncertainty. He says, "Hmm... Jimin is a very nice guy, but he rarely talks much. He hasn't really told us a lot about his life and background yet." He chuckles softly and says, "I'll ask him one day. So, you weren't paying attention to your teacher about the instructions' changes? How did you get lost?" Taehyung fakes yawning and replies, "Well apparently, my teacher has a really big mouth. His words always make me sleepy." He lowers his head and feels like he has a lot of scribbles and confusions in his mind at that moment. He lifts his head up and sparks his bright eyes to look into Jungkook's eyes. He asks, "How is art going? Are you enjoying it or is it boring?" Jungkook's lips tighten, and then turn into a huge grin, before releasing a heavy sigh. He says with his confident voice, "Um, well, I'm actually enjoying it. Haha. My next assignment is to make a painting based on a special moment that I've experienced. I'm still trying to choose one of my special moments, but I can't really paint my special moments. I'm not a real artist yet. Hehe. Real art has too much deepness that I still have to learn." Taehyung opens his jaw wide and immediately shouts, "The amusement park nearby is reopening soon! How abot you, me, and Jimin go there and gain more special moments together! This might be a good inspiration for your art project. Hopefully it would help!" Jungkook's eyes widen and starts to feel relieved. His mouth curls up into a bright smile and responds, "That would be a good idea! Plus, I want to have more fun time with you guys!" Taehyung smiles back and asks, "Hmm... When is your project's deadline?" Jungkook answers, "In a month, I think. I still need to buy a 10" x 8" canvas and more paints. Oh! And more paintbrushes of different sizes too." Taehyung laughs, "Hahaha You still have a lot of time! Okay, I'll text Jimin later about the amusement park. I'm loving his jacket he lent me. Feels comfy and nice! If he's going, I'll pay for ticket in return!" Jungkook nods and then looks at his latte, realizing that he hasn't drank it the past few minutes and now it has become cold. "Oh shoot! My latte has gotten cold now! But, it still tastes fine! Hehe!" Jungkook laughs embarassedly.

 

**************************************

Jimin is feeling exhausted now since it is getting late at night. He walks to the check-out counter and looks at Namjoon putting all the checked books on the cart. He asks, "How's everything going? Are you almost done?" Namjoon calmly answers, "Yes, everything is fine. I'm finally done." He widens his smile with his dimples appearing on his cheeks once again. Jimin nods and smiles backs as he is relieved to hear that Namjoon is doing well. He says, "Good Job!" He pats on Namjoon's right shoulder and then tells him that he will teach him how to find the locations for these books. After finishing finding all the locations and storing the books into the shelves, he informs, "It's time to close. It's 10 PM now. We only have to put all the chairs on the tables and sweep the floors. Then we leave." After nearly twenty minutes of cleaning, they finally close the entrance doors. They are outside walking in the park on their way to their homes. Jimin nervously asks, "Um, Namjoon? What school do you go to? I go to Seoul High School." Namjoon widens his rounded eyes in awe. He replies with a stutter, "O-oh! I-I go to Seoul High School too! I didn't know you also attend there too. I never saw you before... Ahahas!" Jimin laughs back and says, "Haha! That's cool! And a-awkward too. I'm not good at being around with people. I don't like... socializing , so I avoid contact with them. But now, I have made two friends at our school and I recently joined the basketball team, but I'm still not interested in making any more friends and which is why I never stay in the hallways for a longer period of time. I like being with my two friends, but I still prefer being alone sometimes. I don't know, but I just felt like it. Umm, that's something you should know a bit about me. Ahas."

Namjoon nods and chuckes a bit, while smiling big again. He says, "I see. I'm not good at being around with people too. Since... My mother passed away a long time ago because of cancer, my dad is always busy working, and we never had friends before or contact with our family relatives. I'm... always by myself, and I never really learned any social skills. I couldn't really get fit in anywhere. Many people say I-I'm socially awkward. ... *Sighs* I never really fit in anywhere. I always stay in the music room by myself during breaks. But, I'm happy with who I am now. I'm good with making technology stuff. I like to get good grades, and hopefully I can get in a really good college. I like reading books and I prefer much quieter and more peaceful places while being alone. That's why I took the part-time job at that library. I-I like books, and quiet, and there isn't a lot of people around." Jimin nods, feeling better that he is not only one who is not good at being around with people, and the difference between is that Jimin is more of anti-social, while Namjoon is somewhat both socially awkward and anti-social. Jimin says, "Well, it's nice to hear some things about yourself. I'm sorry about your mother. I-I.. know what it's like to lose someone.. But, I'm happy that you are actually living that's a really good thing about you. I'm glad to have met you. You're an awesome guy, and I hope you get in a really good college. You certainly will." Namjoon kindly laughs and smiles big again. He replies, "I'm glad to have met you too! I'm happy to have you as my co-worker... And my new friend. So, thank you. Oh! And thank you for helping me around. I'm feeling comfortable working there. I'm loving the job now! Well, hopefully.. But I have you, so it's all good. Ahaha! Jimin laughs softly and both walk without speaking for a minute. Namjoon adds, "I also like comics." Jimin replies, "Oh really? That's coll. I read comics sometimes, but I'm more interested in basketball. I want to be physically active." Namjoon laughs while smiling big. Jimin then adds, "Oh, there's also something I'd like to tell you.. I lost my parents. My older brother too. They all died when we got into a car accident. I was a young kid back then. Now, I'm living with my aunt. I was originally from Busan." Namjoon's eyes widen, and after a few seconds of silence, he responds, "I'm sorry to hear that. Losing someone or a family... is really a low point of the life. I surely miss my mom a lot. I'm afraid I might forget how she looks like since it has been over ten years now. I don't want to forget my mom's face. I do have a good relationship with my father. We never fight, but we rarely talk. I wish my mom never had cancer. But unfortunately, it just happened. I also wish any tragedy in this world never existed, but from what I've learned from philosophy and life, both good and bad things happen everyday around the world. We born, live and die. That's how life goes. We can't avoid death, but we must try to live our lives as mus as possible. We're still living and breathing. It to lose someone, but it's more important to move on and live. You are lucky that you've met your two friends and you have a family relative to live with. It's nice to have good people in your life. Your family is really proud of you that everything is going fine with you. And since I've met you, I'm happy to have you in my life. And I sure know you do the same too.. Oh I talk too much. Sorry.. Haha!" Jimin laughs, "That's alright. It's good that you told me all that. You're right about everythinh, and I do agree with all the things you've said. Losing someone actually , like a lot, but we must move on and live well. It's life, even though it's hard, but we keep going forward and that's surely the most important part about life. We will always have ups and downs, but we strive anyway." Namjoon agrees with Jimin, and quickly comments, "Wow, we're very philosophical. We both know about life and stuff. Haha! Oh, my house is this way, is your house nearby?" Jimin replies, "No, my house is a few more blocks away. I'm going on this path. It was nice meeting you and talking to you! I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night!" Both Jimin and Namjoon wave good-bye at each other before parting ways.