[5] PE Class

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<< PE Class >>

Taehyung sighs with a relief. He still stay sitting on the the polished wooden floor to lean his back against the walls. He watches the students warming up the exercises. He wraps his arms around his laps tightly. He sighs again. He and Jungkook have met Jimin at the cafeteria the last time.

Jimin makes Taehyung and Jungkook feeling a cold shiver in their nerves from staring like a creepy glare. Taehyung ruffles his hair.  He squeezes his eyes in frustration as he mutters to himself, "Aissh!" It drives him crazy so that he hit his head with his clenched fist. 

For a while, he thinks himself, "Why are Jimin's words so cold? I don't even know about him more." He is bored all alone. He is waiting for Jungkook to come. Jungkook has only a same class with him, except for his general subjects.

Jungkook is fully dressed in a simple white t-shirt and short sweat pants. He comes a little late. He runs towards the gymnastic room. He can see that Taehyung is sitting by the wall. He approaches Taehyung. He sits down at the speed of light next to Taehyung. He looks at him. Taehyung is staring at the students blankly. He calls softly, "Taehyung!"  He waves infront of Taehyung's face. Taehyung still opens his mouth and is thinking deeply that he looks like he is day dreaming. He can't hear Jungkook calling him out. Jungkook waves again. He is frustrated so he shouts with a loud, angry tone again, "Taehyung!!" Taehyung hears a loud, angry tone from Jungkook's voice. He is startled when he stands up and widens his eyes. He turns to left and to right slowly. It is nothing and stays silent in the place. Jungkook lifts his head up to look at Taehyung. Taehyung turns to Jungkook.

Jungkook is extremely confused that he puzzles at Taehyung.

He asks Taehyung worriedly, "You're acting so strange. What's wrong?"

Taehyung answers, "Uh, nothing. Nevermind!" He waves his hand vigorously and his face looks embarrassed to shake his head.

He sits down on the ground next to Jungkook and then he is looking back at Jungkook.

He calls softly, "Jungkook!"

Jungkook says, "Yes, what?"

Taehyung says in a very low voice, "About Jimin, we don't know about him more. Why are his words so cold to us?"

He adds, "I know he actually doesn't have any friends in my class. He always keep watching the sky and never talks to anyone."

Jungkook says, "Maybe he prefers that he likes to be alone and doesn't trust anyone, but he only can speak to us. That's it."

Taehyung says, "I'm not very sure that I feel like he seems like an invisible person.  He's a heartless person. Seriously?" 

He has no idea. He tightly closes his lips to keep quiet and frown his brows. Taehyung stops talking about him.  He looks away from Jungkook's eyes. No one knows the answer. He watches the students shooting the ball into the net. He is nothing to do say anything. He stays silent that he is still thinking again. 

Although, Jungkook changes the subject that he wants to talk to Taehyung something positive. He is upset that Taehyung has a long face. He wants him to smile more. 

Jungkook: V hyung! 

He pats Taehyung's shoulder softly beside him. Taehyung turns to Jungkook.

Jungkook: Hyung, buing buing~

Jungkook shows his cute aegyo to Taehyung. Then, Taehyung giggles and spreads a big smile on his face.

Jungkook: So... Next weekend, are you free? Can you come with me to go buy something like your favourite food somewhere?

Taehyung: Sure, I am!

He smiles at Jungkook as Jungkook is in a good mood.

Jungkook: I am overwhelmed by having a  heavy homework that I don't like it. It . I don't understand about those subjects like Math, Science, and more. I am very confused that I can't solve the problems and it is very complicated.

Jungkook lowers his head to look at the ground that he hates subjects.

Jungkook scratches his head and his eyes look up at the ceiling to think about something not unique.

Jungkook mutters to himself about math trigometry ratios. Blah...Blah...

Taehyung: Hmmm...

 He doesn't understand it at all. There is a lot of scribbles in his mind. He smiles at Jungkook with his shiny teeth. His eyes are very much like an angel.

Jungkook: V! Sorry, I'm not sure and I don't know. I don't get it! I hate MATH!

Jungkook is frustrated that there is so much formulas in his mind. Then, he changes the mood to look at Taehyung.

Jungkook has a small smile on his face to chuckle a little.

Then, Taehyung tilts his head and blinks his eyes to look up at Jungkook that he thinks, "Well...it is nothing.. It may be possible or not. I don't really understand it." He shrugs slightly and rolls his eyes so he doesn't care about math formulas. 

Taehyung:  I see...Okay!

 He sighs heavily.

Jungkook still continues to talk more and more.

Jungkook: Anyway, I want you to listen to the music. It makes you feeling in the good mood.

Taehyung nods.

Jungkook rummages in his pockets. He picks up his earphones. He holds it and then he hands the one left earphone to Taehyung. Taehyung gets it to put it in his ear when he sits closer by Jungkook's side. Jungkook holds his phone to find the muisc player. He decides to choose any songs what he likes. He taps the play button on his phone. His favorite song is See Through by Zion T. He feels calm and closes his eyes. He starts to snap softly and hums the song with Taehyung. Taehyung listens to the song carefully. He doesn't know what the song. He frowns his eyes.  Somehow, he follows Jungkook that he copy his movement like he wants to snap and hum together. He doesn't close his eyes.  He is out of energy. He stops copying Jungkook's movement. He is tired of listening to music. He looks away. He glances around the view of the students playing basketball for warming up.

He sees that there is a familiar student entering into the gym room. He squints his eyes and scans the familiar person. He thinks, "Who is that person?" He realizes while he raises his brows, "That is Jimin!" Jimin appears for 13 minutes later. Jungkook can't hear Taehyung's voice. It is silent. He opens his eyes to stop listening to the music. He takes off his earphone. He turns to Taehyung. He frowns his brows. Taehyung stares at Jimin when he is quiet. Jungkook follows Taehyung's eyes what Taehyung is looking at. Jungkook's head is turning. He spots the familiar person in a black t-shirt, black long sweat pants and a pair of runner shoes. He looks at Jimin. Jimin looks stone-faced. He has a bandage on his face. He doesn't recognize them that he walks past Taehyung and Jungkook. They stare at him, widening their eyes.

They watch Jimin what he is doing alone quietly. He puts his bottle and towel down on the bench. They see that there is a bandage on his face. They gasp in shock a bit. He ties his shoes tightly. He stands up. He turns away and runs towards the PE teacher. He stops running and then stands in front of his teacher. The teacher points a finger at the outside for the track field and says strictly, "Please run seven laps and then add 4 more laps. You're receiving a punishment for coming too late." Jimin understands that he bows to him politely without looking into the teacher's eyes.  He pushes the door hard to open it. Jimin walks out of the gym to the outside. He starts to run around 400 meters on the track field and wears his earphones in his ears.


Jimin is very exhausted from running more laps than one. He endures a lot to work hard for accepting the punishment. He pants so hard. He lands his hand on his knees. His heart beats rapidly. It is hard to breath for him. He takes a breath. He drips a lot of sweat around his body. His tee shirt is soaked in a damp sweat. 

He completely runs for 11 laps. He slowly staggers to the indoor gym room. He yanks the door to open it hardly. He walks into the gym to get his small towel and 750 ml water bottle. He steps forward the bench and then he falls into the chair slightly. He exhales heavily. He instantly grabs the towel and water bottle. He closes his laps tightly. He puts a towel on his laps. He opens the cap of the bottle. He drinks a water and gulps in his dry throat briskly. His throat is getting cool. He softly presses a towel on his face and wipes off his sweating. He pants again.

The teacher whistles loudly. He gets the students' attentions. All of the students turn to the teacher. They respond to hear the sound of squeal whistle that they run toward the empty space in front of the teacher. They fall in line at the three rows. There are total of 26 students including girls and boys who take the PE class. Jungkook runs towards the empty spot and stands in front of the student's back.

The teacher clears his throat. He crosses his arms before he stands in front of the students. He paces back and forth to point a finger that he checks and counts the students.  The students still stands nervously that they don't move at all like they become an ice freeze.

Teacher: Hmmph... Everyone I want you to split into group of thirteen players for red and blue teams. Now the PE activity is to play basketball.

The students spread out. They walk toward the gym crates to get a red or blue gym pinnies. Jungkook picks up the blue gym pinnie that he is chosen as a blue player in the team. He watches Jimin walking towards the crate and then he also picks up the gym pinnie. Jimin joins the blue team. The students, Jimin, and Jungkook are gathering in a circle that they discuss what they take the roles like a forward, center, shooting guard, or defender. One of the students tell Jimin that Jimin is taking a role player as a forward. Jimin accepts it and nods slightly. 

The PE teacher is waiting for the students to get ready to play basketball as he has a whistle with strap around his neck and crosses his arms. The students are finished their discussion and turn around to walk toward the basketball court. They squat their legs and open their arms to defend in front of the opponent players. One of the students faces the other red player in the centre of the court. The teacher looks at the two players that seem like they are ready to challenge as the teacher holds the ball in his hand and then starts to blow the whistle in a sonorous sound. The teacher throws a ball high in the air. The two centre players start to jump so high for snatching. The gravity of a ball is falling down so fast. One of the students in the blue team pushes a ball hard backward. The ball flies in the air towards Jimin. Jimin jumps and snatches the ball. He lands his feet on the ground. He bounces the ball and runs fast. He rushes towards the other player to block Jimin's way. He pushes the other player's shoulder. He steps right and left to his side that he turns around. He looks at his team players in every direction. He spots Jungkook's waving that Jungkook gives him a signal for getting a ball.  He shoots the ball to pass it to Jungkook right away. Jungkook catches the ball nicely. He runs fast, bounces the ball, and dribbles it to break through the blocking from the opponent player to the open area. He reaches to the basketball net. He shoots the ball into the net. The blue team gets 2 points and does high five. The two teams continue to play over and over for 45 minutes. Jimin runs back and forth. He snatches the ball from the other player. The other side, Taehyung wears the red pinny to be in the red team. He clumsily blocks the other player. He catches a ball from his team. He tries to shoot the ball into the net, but he misses the aim. The ball bounces on the net and falls down the floor. It bounces again, lands and doesn't move. Until the game is finished, the students are out of breath and drenches in their body with a lot of sweat.

The PE teacher blows the whistle that it makes a loud sound to stop the time. The teacher claps loudly when he enjoys watching the students playing the basketball intensely. Now the blue team scores 15 points. The red team scores 10 points. Some of the students are very exhausted so they fall into the bench. They drink a water and wipe their sweating off with their towels. They look at Jimin. They think that Jimin is more active and good at basketball. They feel that they are very impressed by Jimin's skills.

Also, Jungkook and Taehyung whispers in their ear to talk about Jimin. They think that Jimin is a good listener and trusts the students, but he ignores. Jungkook says softly, "His basketball skill is amazing. But I don't know what happened to Jimin." Jungkook doesn't know why Jimin has a bandage on his face and gets hurt so bad. Taehyung nods and says, "hmm.." Taehyung says, "I assume that Jimin might get beaten up by someone." They are separated from Jimin. Jimin sits down on the bench beside the students. He sighs heavily that he reminds himself to talk with his aunt for later. He grabs his water bottle to drink a lot. He rises from the bench and carries the towel and water bottle. He starts to walk away. He goes straight to the classroom.

One of the students approaches Jimin. Jimin halts immediately. He hesitates and stays silent. His eyes are glued to the ground. One of the students pats Jimin's back softly that he says, "Good Job!" One of the students frees Jimin and smiles at him. Jimin bows to one of the students without looking. He excuses himself to escape from the student's way. He walks away.