[14] Result

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<< Result >>

During the math class, Jimin is looking through the window nearby, since he is getting bored of hearing his teacher talk non-stop for almost an hour. He stares at the bright blue sky and begins to wonder if he is going to be selected for the basketball team. Shortly, the class ends as the teacher still hasn't finished the lecture, but does not mind to dismisss the students. Jimin walks in the hallway to his locker when he hears a few students whispering to each other that Kwangsoo has finally given out the list of students' names who are selected to be part of the new basketball team. Feeling hyped inside, he acts calm and slowly walks to the bulletin board where he sees a huge crowd there, mainlt boys. He hears many different voices at once. Some people are happy, upset, dissapointed, or do not actually care at all. As many students start to leave, Jimin rushes to the board to check if he has been selected. He presses his finger on the list, starting at the top, and keeps scrolling down. When he reaches to the bottom, he sees his name. Then he starts to remember one of his old memories when he has been selected for the basketball team during middle school and his family has congratulated him at home with a small cake and few gifts. His mind shifts back to reality as he hears a student nearby asking him to move aside to look at the list. When he gets to his locker, he quietly says, "Thank you, coach."

After school, he walks towards Taehyung at the local park and gently taps on his shoulder. Taehyung gasps and quickly turns his head around.

"Oh hey Jimin! You almost scared me. Phew!", Taehyung laughs. Jungkook runs towards them and asks if Jimin has seen the list of students who are picked for the basketball team.

Jungkook says, "Soo... Are you on the team?!"

Jimin doesn't say a word and seemingly lets his friends guess.

Taehyung shouts, "Oh! Oh! I think you got in! You're really good like the coach wouldn't reject you for nothing. Tell me I'm right!"

Jimin shyly shrugs and asks, "W-well, what do you think?"

Jungkook shouts, "He got in! He got in! Oh my! Congrats Jimin!! Good for you! It's amazing."

Taehyung laughs and wraps his arms on Jimin's head.

"I'm so proud of you. It's going to be awesome!", Taehyung says.

Jungkook asks, "Well, are you guys free? Let's go to my house for a celebration!"

At Jungkook's house, the three boys go to the kitchen to see Jungkook's mother and their butler making tea.

Jungkook yells, "Mom! We have good news! Jimin got selected for the basketball team! He made it!"

The butler rolls his eyes and leaves the scene.

Jungkook's mother gasps and loudly screams, "Oh that is good!!! Being on a basketball team will help you get into better colleges! Good for you! Good for you! Ahh I'll make some something for you guys to eat! You guys go have fun!"

The three boys go to the lounge room to have a chat.

"So Jimin, when is your first practice?", Taehyung asks.

Jimin tells them that his team will have the first basketball practice after the next day.

Jungkook shouts, "We can't wait to see you play at the games! We will cheer the loudest for you! Wooooooo!!" All of a sudden, he loudly farts.

"Öh, I've been having stomach problems today. I don't know why", Jungkook says.

Taehyung begins to giggle and quickly covers his nose with his both hands.

Jimin laughs a bit and comments, "That's okay. It's better to let the gas out. You don't want to keep it in your stomach or else, it'll get worse."

Jungkook tells the boys that he will be going to the bathroom and stay here for a while. A few minutes later, Jungkook's mother arrives holding two platess of the popular Korean treat.

Jimin says, "Wow! They smell delicious! Jungkook is lucky to have you."

Taehyung agrees and comments, "Yes! He's very lucky to have you. I wish my mom could properly cook! Haha!"

Jungkook's mother laughs softly and responds, "Why thank you! You two are too kind. Hehe. Oh! Where did Jungkook go?"

Jimin says, "He will be back soon!" 

Taehyung says, "Jungkook is coming!"

Jungkook is there as he walks towards the lounge. He falls back on the sofa between Taehyung and Jimin and starts to take a bite of Kimbap.They all continue to enjoy eating the food with Jungkook's mother.