[20] Bonding Time

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<< Bonding Time >>

Outside the amusement park on the outskirts of the city, Taehyung is leaning against the gate beside the payphone, playing on his smartphone, while listening to the classical music with his earphones in his ears. He is waiting for his friends to arrive He looks at his nephew, Dongjae, who is holding his teddy bear with a sweet smile on his face, and he ruffles his nephew's hair gently. He sighs after he has been called by his sister to look after Dongjae again, but he loves his nephew so much that he strongly feels like he has his own little brother. Dongjae blinks his big, cute eyes after looking at the glistening sunlight. The sunlight hurts his sensitive eyes, so he swivels his head, bites his trembling lower lips, and grasps his teddy bear in his gentle arms. He then opens his eyes and stares at the bright, blue sky as the flock of black birds are soaring smoothly.

Jungkook ambles up the high sidewalk to reach the amusement park. His white, cozy beanie hat is loosely worn on top of his head. He lowers his head and rubs his swollen eyes with dark circles due to being exhausted from helping his mom at her own parlor shop the previous night.

Dongjae tightly squeezes his eyes again, because he still can't see things clearly after looking at the sunlight. A few feet away from Taehyung and his nephew, there's a person with the wrinle-free black coat, walking towards them. The person gently tugs on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung slightly looks at his nephew who points for him, at the person. Taehyung turns around, before immediately shouts, "Oh, Jungkook!!" He and Jungkook then give each other a fist bump and a high five. Jungkook then smiles at Dongjae with his clean, white teeth showing, while patting on his head gently.

Taehyung frowns his brows and asks, "Where is Jimin?" Jungkook shakes his head and says, "I don't know where he is right now. Let's just be patient." Taehyung replies, "Oh, fine. I'm going to buy some hot packs for all of us, just in case. It's going to be a long day. Please watch on my nephew. I will be right back." Jungkook gives a quick nod. He holds Dongjae's left hand and he looks at Dongjae's left hand and he looks at Dongjae with his soft eyes, asking if he wants a hot chocolate. Dongjae nods immediately because he is feeling chilly. They start walking towards the cafe. Jungkook has bought two cups of hot chocolate, one for him and one for Dongjae. They find a table and quickly sip their hot chocolate. Jungkook then begins telling Dongjae about art and his passion for it, followed by showing his artworks on his smartphone. Dongjae is amazed by his works and asks him if he could teach him. Jungkook laughs, "Haha! Maybe next week?" Dongjae nods with the huge grin on his face before finishing his hot chocolate.

They go back to the same place where they wait outside the amusement park. Taehyung is right there, holding the hot packs in his hands. He shouts, "Hey, Jungkook! I have the hot packs! Where did you guys go?" Jungkook replies, "We drank some hot chocolate because it was really chilly outside. The cafe is very close." He then grabs a hot pack from Taehyung's hands, before realizing that Jimin has not arrived yet. He looks at Taehyung and asks, "What time is it?" Taehyung widens his eyes and quickly pulls out his phone from his coat. He says, "It is 3:05 pm. We're supposed to meet here at 2:30 pm. Hmm, don't worry, he is on the way!" 

Jimin checks his watch on his left. He abruptly says to himself in his head, "Oh no, I'm late. There's so much traffic out there. I'm going to get off now and will have to run to the train station." He quickly gets off the bus and starts sprinting. While on his way to the station, he begins to think of a route that could get him to the amusement park fast. He thinks of which bus should he take after he gets off the train. In less than 10 minutes, he finally arrives at the train station and runs directly to the board that shows the map and the list of buses and trains. After a few seconds, he's finally done deciding which route he will take, and then immediately runs to catch his train. Unfortunately, he has missed his train and will have to wait for a least 5 minutes, according to the screen.. He feels very annoyed by the huge crowd of people. All of a sudden, the bell rings loudly three times and the important announcement comes, informing the passengers that there's an accident that has been happened recently. The announcer adds, "The trains are currently shut down. Sorry for the inconvenience. Don't worry, the trains will arrive in a short time. Thank you for your patience." Most of the passenger groans, while a few of them have started to complain loudly. The other passengers are quietly their own things while ignoring others' complaints. Jimin sighs softly, but not upset since it's not his actual first time experiencing the train delay, and he knows the trains will always resume, regardless of the time.

After taking the transit, Jimin looks at his watch and it's 3:40 pm. The amusement park is only seven blocks away from where he is standing right now. On his way to the amusement park, he runs at his fastest pace, hardly breathing, and he feels the heat filling around his body, as he starts wiping the sweats off his forehead. He reaches the amusement park in just 1 minute and 10 seconds. When he stands, he can't think straightly and begins to feel lightheaded. Meanwhile, Taehyung, Dongjae, and Jungkook are still standing and patiently waiting by the gate. Dongjae blinks his eyes after staring at the bright blue sky again. He then quickly glimpses at the figure a few feet away, who seems to be walking like a drunk person. He studies on the firgure's face, before quickly recognizing that it is Jimin. He pulls his uncle's coat and then points at Jimin. Jungkook's face looks confused and turns around to see that Jimin is walking toward them. Taehyung and Jungkook happily shout, "JIMIN!! You're finally here!!" They run to Jimin and help him stand. Jimin pants so hard and stammers, "H-h-hey! Sorry, I'm late... T-thank you for being patient! There was a lot of traffic and the train delay also happened." His voice croaks because it's getting dry from running non-stop. He coughs a bit. Jungkook hands Jimin the water bottle. Taehyung says excitedly, "After you rest, then we all will go to the amusement park!!" Dongjae tightly squeezes his uncle's right hand, as he cannot wait to spend their day at the amusement park.

A few minutes later, all of them finally arrive at the amusement park. Taehyung, his nephew, and Jungkook are very excited to ride something, except for Jimin whose heart beats very fast, and he starts to have butterflies in his stomach.

Jungkook grabs his Polaroid from his bag and asks the guys for a group picture. He says excitedly, "Let's take a picture right now! Say 'cheeeese'!!" Jimin widens his eyes, and his lips changes into a cute smile. All of them pose differently with their cute smiles as well. Dongjae jumps and makes a peace sign.

After trying several different rides, playing mini games, and watching some entertainment, Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook see a scary-looking abandoned hospital nearby and decide to enter there without a hesitation, but Dongjae looks frightened, so he abruptly stops at the entrance, and shakes his head. Taehyung runs his hand through his nephew's hair, and says, "Don't worry, everything there is not real. I will hold your hand so I won't lose you." He winks at his nephew. Dongjae sighs heavily and nods with an understanding. He hides behind Taehyung's back while holding his uncle's right hand, and closes his eyes when walking in the completely dark hallways. Towards the end, there is a door and a broken lightbulb on the ceiling that is only half working. Jimin opens the door and sees another hallway with lights on and has several doors. All doors lead them to the rooms that has creepy scenarios and showcase several gross stuff such as corpses, blood stains and splatters everywhere, sharp weapons and tools, ripped body parts, doctors and nurse who seem to be 'alive'. Only one door will lead them to another dark hallway with frightening stuff before the exit at the end.

Jimin feels disgusted after witnessing ripped body parts and some organs that are cut into tiny pieces. Suddenly, he feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns around and feels nasaeu filling around in his stomach. He screams in a high pitched tone. Jungkook laughs insanely, followed by his clapping. Jimin pushes Jungkook's back and walks away. Jungkook laughs, "Hey! It was just me! Don't worry! We're at the amusement park, so everything has to be safe anyway!" Jungkook starts walking toward Jimin before giving him a hug. Taehyung laughs at them and then hugs Dongjae into a warm embrace for protection.

They finally get out of the abandoned hospital and walk toward the unoccupied wooden bench. Then, they hear that Dongjae's stomach starts to growl angrily. They laugh funnily. Taehyung asks, "Dongjae, are you hungry? What do you like to eat?" Dongjae says, "Umm... Churros!"

While they are happily eating churros, Jungkook busily checks the camera to look at the pictures. Jimin spaces out and is feeling tired. It's 7:35 pm. Taehyung clears his throat and asks, "Hey! Everyone, we have not tried Waterflume! It's a ride which we sit in a log, and it slowly goes up the hill and then turns right before we slide down really fast into the pool of water! The hill is really long and steep. There's also the camera up on the pole that will take a picture of us going down! Anyone wanna go try this ride?" Dongjae stops smiling, gulps his throat nervously, and shakes his head 'no', as he doesn't want to try this scary ride. Taehyung laughs and says, "This ride may seem scary, but don't worry, we will not fall out of the log, okay? Kids and short people are allowed in this ride. You will sit in the middle while one of us sits in the front and the other sits in the back." Jimin nods honestly and says, "Yes, this ride is not too dangerous. It will be fun!" Taehyung nudges Jungkook in the abdomen who is looking at the pictures on his camera. He looks at TAehyung and then Jimin. He says, "Yes, what?" Taehyung sighs and repeats the same thing again. Jungkook says, "Ohh! Yes, I agree! This ride will be fun! You will like it! I like seeing you being happy after trying several different rides with risks. You're becoming braver now!" Dongjae laughs and nods. Jimin smiles and says, "I'm glad you came with us. I'm having a really good time with you guys!" Taehyung agrees and asks, "So, should we go to Waterflume?" Dongjae slowly nods 'yes' while both Jimin and Jungkook excitedly say, "Yes! Let's go!" They then all walk to Waterflume.