[10] Passion Discovery

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<< Passion Discovery >>

In the hallway at school, Jungkook and Taehyung are excitedly walking towards Jimin at his locker to ask if he would like to hang out with them someday. At firstm Jimin is not feeling comfortable about this, he reluctantly accepts after quickly thinking over that he shouldn't lose people who care for him deeply and who matter to him. They all decide to start their first date together the next day right after school.

The three boys are walking in one of the popular streets filled with hundreds of people, food trucks, stores, etc. After a while of not being talkative, Jimin starts to feel awkward and embarrassed for himself because he doesn't what to do or to talk about, the fact he knows that he has been anti-social for several years after his family's tragic death from the car accident. Ever since, he has been very depressed and he has lost passion in his old interests such as basketball and video games. After looking for some places to hang at, they pass a really colorful and attractive building that has full of neon lights and loud music playing. They all enter and are amazed to learn that it's an arcade game shop. There are two floors in total, and there are tons of arcade games, mini sports, and vending machines. The area is dark but with dim spotlights shining from the game machines. Taehyung is excited the most as he is a huge fan of gaming. He rushes to an arcade game machine like a little kid and yells at both Jungkook and Jimin in a shrill voice, "Jungkoook! Jimin!! Come here!! It's Street Fighter!!"

Jimin wanders around the place. He is clueless about this place since he has never been to an arcade game shop before. He turns to Jungkook and asks, "W-why this place?" Jungkook shrugs his shoulders and says, "To have fun, man! Life is short so why not we do something to enjoy for ourselves and be happy!" He knows that Jimin is a lonely person and he doesn't want him to be like that for his whole life, so that is why both Taehyung and Jungkook thinks of befriending with Jimin, in hope that it would help to turn his life around. Meanwhile, Taehyung is at the receiption asking for over hundred of tokens due to his obsession with games.

"Okay! Shall we play now?" asks Taehyung. Jungkook nods without saying anything. Jimin stares at the ground without saying anything or a nod. Taehyung is concerned about Jimin because he realizes that Jimin is not always in a mood and has lack of social skills. He sighs heavily and rolls his eyes. He places his hands on Jimin's back and says, "Come on. Let's play this game!" He leads Jimin to the Street Fighter's arcade. Jungkook stands behind while Taehyung pulls the white stool chairs and pushes Jimin's shoulders down to sit down on the chair. Taehyung then sits down on his chair and grabs out six tokens from his token bag. He turns to Jimin and places three tokens on Jimin's hands. "Put three tokens in", says Taehyung. Both place their tokens in and look at the character selection screen. Taehyung shouts, "Oooh! I'll pick Ken! He's my favourite character!" Jimin, however, doesn't know who would he choose and he turns his head to see that he has only 10 seconds remaining to shoose a character. He thinks, "Hmm? There are way too many characters I don't have much time." ....5....4.....3.....2...1..... and the screen fades. Then the next screen shows, "Ken vs. Cammy!" Jimin is not comfortable with his character. Jimin turns to Taehyung. He doesn't understand why Taehyung wants him to play a game with him. He quickly shifts to the screen as the first round begins. Jimin is unfamiliar with all the game controls because he has never played Street Fighter before. Taehyung says, "Just play crazy!" He winks at Jimin. Jungkook excitedly watches over his two friends playing. Taehyung is a very skilled player and wins the first round, beating Jimin. For the second round, however, he pretends to lose, so Jimin can win this round. For the third and final round, Jimin surprisingly improves and both players competes with each other very aggressively. Taehyung defeats Jimin by K.O. "Wooo! Ahahas! That was fun! You did great, Jimin!" shouts Taehyung. Jimin smiles and says, "You were really good. I'm impressed by your amazing skills." Jungkook shouts, "Let's play for more rounds!! This thime, it's Jimin vs. Me!!" After playing Street Fighter for nearly an hour, they become exhausted. Taehyung says, "Let's try other games. Come on guys!" The young lady at the receiption is surprised to hear that, knowing that the boys have been playing way too much.

After an another hour of binge-playing several games such as car racing, Mario Kart, Candy Crush, Doodle Jump, and many more, they all decide that it's time to leave this place as they have no more tokens left. Jimin is feeling really tired, but he does have a great time, feeling that he has a connection with his two friends. Taehyung whines and rubs his empty stomach, "I'm starving! We haven't eaten for hours!" His stomach starts to growl even more loudly. Jungkook looks at Jimin and asks him, "Are you hungry?" Jimin mumbles, "Umm, n-no." Although his stomach suddenly starts growling. Jimin sighs and admits that he is hungry too. They walk out of the arcade game shop and look at the sky now that it's already dark. The street is lighted with cars and stores. Jungkook says, "Damn, I love cities at night! So many lights .... So beautiful! Mwah! Viola!"

Walking for several blocks and looking for best restaurants, they give up and decide to go to a random restaurant instead. The random restaurant they've chosen a karaoke. Both Jungkook and Taehyung whisper to each other, "A karaoke? Let's try it after we finished eating." They agree and then go to receiption to ask for a table. After getting a table, their beautiful looking waitress who bears a resemblance to Yoona from SNSD, finally arrives and asks for their orders. Jungkook orders bibimbap with extra beefs and an iced coke. Taehyung orders japchae and an iced lemon tea. Jimin, however, doesn't order and after a few seconds of awkward silence, Taehyung picks up the menu and orders a large plate of spicy deep fried boneless chickens. Taehyung says, "Also three iced waters! And three bowls. We're sharing." While they are waiting for their food, Jungkook decides to try karaoke now instead of later and Taehyung reluctantly agrees. He then asks Jimin to join them for a bit of singing. Jimin declines and wants to stay for their waitress to finally arrive . Both Jungkook and Taehyung go to the stage and look at the shongs on the TV screen. Jimin patiently waits and observes his two friends picking a song. The big disco ball is shining colorfully and rotating around the area. His two friends finally pick a song and they will be singing Nan by CLON. They begin singing happily and they then throw their arms around their shoulders while at the same time acting like drunk singers. They run around in circle many times and the crowd is either annoying it or very confused. Jimin watches them and covers his mouth with his hands to prevent him from laughing because of the way his two friends are acting on the stage. He then bursts out and starts having few tears of joy. After the two boys finally finishes singing, the crowd including Jimin starts cheering loudly for them as they are impressed and even amazed by their singing skills despite the silliness they've done.

The two boys come to their table where Jimin is and ask him if he would try to karaoke. Once again, Jimin, unfortunately declines due to stage fright and his shyness in front of people. Their beautiful waitress finally arrives and places many dishes, bowls with chopsticks and spoons, and their drinks on the table. She politely says, "Enjoy! Ask me if you need anything else." She winks at the tow boys and leaves for the other table. Jungkook and Taehyung swoon at their waitress' appearance. "She looks like Yoona!" yells Jungkook. "Ahahas! Let's eat!" says Taehyung. The three boys all quickly eat like if they haven't eaten for days. While he's eating he look at his two friends and the old memories quickly come to his mind.

 

---- Flashback -----

 

Ji-Dae: Hahahaha!

Jimin: Hey! I hate you!

 

Jimin tried to jump on his older brother, but Ji-Dae quickly ran to the living room while laughing and dancing uncontrollably, Jimin then kept chasing after his brother, running and running around the room. Jimin became exhausted and he took a seat to catch his breath. Ji-Dae ran up the stairs and to the guest's room to hide from Jimin. He turned off the lights and quickly hid in the far left corner of the room. Jimin went uptairs to look for his older brother and slowly walked in the hallway. He guessed that his brother might be in the guest's room and carefully opened the door to take a peek. It was really dark in there and he couldn't find the light switch. Feeling scared, he decided to leave the room without an effort to look for the light switch. He closed the door and Ji-Dae began to giggle like an innocent school girl. Jimin walked to his older brother's room while Ji-Dae sneaked behind him. As Jimin left out of his older brother's room, Ji-Dae suddenly surprised him, resulting him to fall down on the ground. Jimin got upset and asked, "Why are you doing this to me?!" Jimin stood up and angrily punched his older brother's arms several times. Ji-Dae rolled his eyes and said, "Because you are fun to tease! And plus, I don't like being bored all the time. Did you have fun?" He was being sarcastic, but at the same time, he still loved Jimin as his little brother.

 

After taking a few seconds to rest, Jimin tried to attack Ji-Dae again. Ji-Dae quickly walked backward in the hallway while laughing even more. Jimin aggressively chased after him. As Ji-Dae quickly turned his body around, he painfully hit his face on the wall at the end of the hallway. He slumped down on the carpet and checked his nose. If it was bleeding or not. Jimin covered his mouth with both hands and his eyes got wider. He asked worriedly, "Are you okay?! Should I call 119?"

 

Ji-Dae laughed and told him that it was nothing major and he was absolutely fine. His nose has turned red, but he didn't mind at all. Ji-Dae nodded and said, "Ï'm going to get some ice." He walked down the stairs and to the kitchen whilw Jimin followed behind. Jimin flopped into the sofa and ate some sweets from the table nearby. Jimin brought his cellphone with him and walked towards Jimin. He sat in the chair and his cellphone as he wanted to show him something. Ji-Dae said, "Hey, remember the time we went to this park and we were playing tag or hide & seek. You were looking for me for almost an half of hour and you got mad, so you decided to quit. I was hiding in the bush and I took a funny picture of you looking angry. Look!" He then showed the picture to his younger brother. Jimin remembered that time and angrily yelled at Ji-Dae, "I looked ridiculous. My weird haircut and my all blue outfit! Delete this photo!"

 

Ji-Dae chuckled and quickly turned off his phone. He said, "I'm keeping this photo. You look adorable! Hehe!" Jimin then punched his brother's right arm fir several times with both of his clenches fists. Jimin yelled, "I hate you! I hate you!" Ji-Dae put his ice bag on the table and patted on Jimin's head softly. "Bye! Bye! I'm going to listening to my favourite songs. If you'd like to join and sing with me, but I bet you don't want to! See ya loser!", shouted Ji-Dae. He then quickly left the living room. After a few minutesm Jimin started to feel interested in listening to songs and he ten rushed to go after his brother.

----- End of the flashback -----

 

Jimin quickly goes back in the reality when he hears his name being called many times. Taehyung looks at Jimin and asks, "Are you okay? You were quiet." Jungkook calls, "Jimin! What were you staring at?" Jimin looks at Jungkook looking confused. Jimin shakes his head and says, "Ah um ahahas n-no. It was nothing." His two friends laugh. Jungkook shouts, "Have some more chickens! They're so good!" Taehyung stretches his body and whines, "I'm so full! But the food is sooo good! Let's sing together again!" Jimin is surprised and asks, "Uh but you said you're so full. Should you rest a bit?" Jungkook agrees. After they've finished all of their dishes, he shouts, "Now I'm feeling okaaay! Let's sing! Come on, Jimin! Just one time!" Jungkook pats on Jimin's left shoulder and says, "It'll be fun!" Jimin then reluctantly accepts their request. "Okay, just one time.", says Jimin. All three walk to the stage and grab the microphones. Jimin is really nervous and his forehead starts to sweat a lot. Taehyung asks, "Jimin! Which song would you like to sing?!" Jimin couldn't decide and Jungkook asks, "How about Moon Myung Jin Because I Love You?!" Jimin is unsure about this song but kindly agrees. Their song begins as Jungkook and Taehyung star to dance weirdly. Jimin doesn't want to dance and instead, he nervously smiles at the crowd. A few seconds later, they all begin singing and both his friends sing really loud and once again, act like drunk singers. For Jimin, he sing quieter and more shyly. However, as they all get to the middle part of the song Jungkook and Taehyung decide to let Jimin sing the rest as they want him to show the best he could do. Jimin starts panicking as he keeps singing but his two friends tell him to close his eyes and let him know that it's only karaoke, not an audition or a competition. As Jimin begins to boost his confidence with his friends' support, his singing skills gradually improve and everyone in the crowd starts clapping, being impressed with his improvement. Jimin sweats even more, but then, as he reaches near to the end of the song, his voice surprisingly rises and sounds like an angel singing in the heaven. When he ends the song, he sees his two friends' bewildered eyes and the crowd being shocked. All of a sudden, they start clapping and cheering loudly for Jimin. He shyly takes a small bow and his two friends go towards him for a big hug. Jungkook shouts, "Dude! I didn't know you could sing so well! Do you like to sing?" Taehyung says, "I'm so amazed by your voice! You seriously hae a gift, your voice sounds awesome and so natural!" Jimin thanks his friends and the crowd. Then all three walk back to their table and ask their waitress for the bills. Their waitress thanks them for coming and she smiles with a quick wink at Jimin. The three boys walk out of the door and quickly catch their bus as it's about to leave. After finding seats, Jungkook asks, "Jimin, did you have a great time?" Jimin says, "Y-yes. I did have a great time today. Thank you guys." Taehyung pats on Jimin's shoulders and says, "We're glad you joined us. You're a really great person and we're lucky to have you as a friend." While both Jungkook and Taehyung look through the list of songs on the phone, Jimin turns to the window and stares at the night sky. He has never knew that he could sing and is amazed to have a new talent for himself. He then starts to smile a little, while watching the busy traffic and the gorgeous streetlights.