[9] Part 2: Caught

Overcome His Grief (Hiatus)

<< Caught >>

 

The usual evening sky evolves into the dark black sky. The police car arrives in the shady neighborhood where the two culprits have attacked Jimin, and the two policemen are confident that the two culprits are present in this area. The area is fouled by garbage, drugs, and cigarettes, resulting an overly stinky smell. The sound is dead silent with nobody present around in the area. They remember the two culprits' appearances, thanks to the security cameras on the outdoor poles in this area. After searching a few abandoned buildings, they smell the weeds coming from the nearby building and quickly enter there. They slowly tiptoe in the dark hallway with their flashlights on. As they are about to step on the stair, they hear the low deep voices coming from another hallway. They quickly tiptoe and find one door being left open. They stand by the walls and peek at the two culprits sitting around the bonfire. They hear the culprits' weird laughs, and one of the culprits is holding the small Ziploc bag with white powder inside. The two police know it is a deadly addictive drug. They assume that the two culprits have already spent all of Jimin's money on drugs. They look at each other and nod as they are going to approach them. They walk in the door and quickly pull their guns out of their pocket. The two policemen shouts, "Hands up!" The culprits stand up, startling. "Damn, how did they find us here?!" The two culprits ask each other. One of the policemen says, "So you two might be the two culprits who attacked this young innocent boy, am I correct?" The two police give the culprits a death glare. The culprits gulp and their foreheads start to sweat. The other police says, "You two are under arrest for both assault and theft." The culprits step backward and mutter, "Damn! We got caught!" They then start to run towards the glass window and successfully escape. The two culprits quickly split up and run faster as they could. The two policemen speedily jump out of the window and look for the culprits. They nod at each other and split up.

One of the culprit runs to the dark, damp alley while the other culprit is running in the foggy street. One of the policemen finds the culprit running in the alley and quickly chases after him. The other policeman finds a shadowy figure walking tiredly in the foggy street. Knowing it is the culprit over there, he quickly rushes towards him. The police grabs the culprit's shoulder tightly and the culprit clumsily falls on the ground, being exhausted from running. The culprit pants angrily and is trash-talking to the police.

Meanwhile, in the dark alley, the police is caustiously walking and looking for the culprit with his baton tightly in his right hand. With the water drippings from the pipes and the rats' squeakings, he starts to sweat a lot, not used to be in the dark alone. Walking quietly, the voice suddenly comes from behind and he quickly turns around, striking down the person's right knee with his baton. The person is revealed to be the culprit, who is laying on the ground while holding a broken pipe in his hands. The culprit cries in pain and is about to have a tantrum. The policeman is amused and he then quickly handcuffs the culprit.

 

At Jimin's house, the phone rings loudly and his aunt quickly picks up. She holds the phone closely to her right ear and grins happily while nodding at the same time. Jimin wonders what is it all about and assumes something good has happened. "Okay, thank you very much! Get some rest. Hope you to have a good night and we'll see you both soon. Bye-bye!", says his aunt. Jimin patiently waits for his aunt to explain what all the good news is about. She calmly tells him that the two policemen have caught the two culprits earlier that night. She also tells him that all of his money is already being spent by the two culprits for drugs specifically. Jimin, however, doesn't mind at all, only wanting the two culprits to be captured and receive their punishment for what they've done, which their trial will take place at a court in a few weeks. His aunt and Jimin gratefully hug each other.