Metamorphosis

Pearl and Coral

IU happily walked to the practice room. She opened the door and welcome herself. Everything seemed to be very beautiful today. Even the practice room looked so nice.

'Today, we'll going to practice again. And he's late.'

She pouted a while before turned into a cute smile.

'When will he knock that door? Wait. What should I say to him? Ah...why I got stuck in my own head. Face him like usual, Lee Ji Eun. Say hi and let's get into the practice'

She was steadying herself when the door knocked a few times. Her heart suddenly bounced.

'Is it you, Wooyoung?'

Waiting a reply as her heart pumping at abnormal rate.

'N-ne'

She giggled in silence.

'He's still stuttering?'

She walked to the door and opened them.

'Annyeong~' She did an aegyo pose.

He scrubbed the back of his neck and lifted his hand.

'Annyeong...'

'Let's get practice'

'Umm...Ji Eun-ssi?'

Her heart skipped a beat.

'Yeah?'

'Where is...Taeyeon?'

IU hardly breathing as the pain grew. She hid it carefully.

'I'm sorry, but since you got your part correctly. Taeyeon-unnie said no need to train you anymore'

'So...why are we here?'

'Wooyoung-ssi, you'll play the Pearl and I'm the Coral. There's a part that we need to do it as duet. This you've got to practice with me, kay?' She felt the pain spread. She even regretted the cynical tone that slipped out.

'Oh, okay'

'Are you okay, Wooyoung?'

He gave IU a confused look.

'I mean, are you okay practicing with me? You seems like to practice with Taeyeon-unnie more than me' She pouted. This time is real.

'N-no...it wasn't like that. It's just...'

IU's ear sharpened. She decided to burn all her heart.

'Aigoo~ You have feeling for unnie?'

Wooyoung's eyes widen as far as they could go.

'N-no. I don't!'

Wooyoung blushed. IU hid her frowned face.

'Why? Why my chest feel squeezed? What is this pain? Do I really fell for him? Jealousy? No. It wasn't. I don't know what's going on and I determined to stop it. It probably just a feeling of the moment. It hurts'

'You know, Youngie? Can I call you that?'

He nodded before IU continued.

'Taeyeon-unnie really likes a fashionable guy. Or at least the one who know what to do with his style'

She got his attention.

'I'll help you'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday noon, at a park not far from the school. Wooyoung was waiting for IU. They would have a make-over day. IU came ten minutes later, wearing a very cute outfit that fit her so much. Without wasting any time,  IU brought Wooyoung exploring the shop around there.

'Hemm...'

IU checking his style from head to toe.

'Glasses is a no-no' As she took his glasses off.

'Ahh~ I can barely see without it'

'A pair of contacts will fix that' Her cheerful smile appeared.

'Your hairstyle also need to improve'

'Yah, what's wrong with my hair?'

'It's a little too...plain'

Wooyoung rolled his eyes. IU pulled his wrist and visited the first shop.

'He's mine for the day. I'm sorry, unnie. I won't be able to let go him anymore. But, this feeling doesn't need to be wasted. So, let me have you for only this day, Wooyoung'

She felt her tears were gathered. IU looked at Wooyoung who was trying to adjust his sight with lenses. Her heart broke even more.

'Why has to be you?'

'Is it good?'

IU smiled and nodded. He looked back at the mirror. That day, she make him a star. Short spiky haircut, lenses, beret hat and simple outfit. He had a star factor that just needed to be polished.

'You'll be a star someday. The time is getting nearer than I ever thought' She said to herself, but added in murmur.

'And you'll be hard to be approached'

Wooyoung came to her.

'Is this good?'

She sent a bitter smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooyoung's POV

I really don't know what would they think of the renewed me. I never be a center of attention and never wanted to be. I decided to quickly get into the class and sit on my own desk. I felt some of them were looking at me. Some chatter started and some got hold down as their attention dragged into me. I felt the smacked on the back of my head. Donghae.

'Yah! Ang-ang! How could you become like...' he paused.

'...this?' I kindly finished his question.

He nodded enthusiastically.

'Don't ask' I barely stopped him from barraging me some interview.

He smoothly changed the subject.

'So, next week, huh?'

'Yeah, it happened so fast'

'I'm gonna cheer for you'

'No need, you'll hang your mouth open that no words were produced to cheer me'

'Yah! You...arrogant punk!'

I laughed, dodging his fist.

'Next week. I'll do it!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm getting there...so relax and enjoy :)