The Third Time

Pearl and Coral

Taeyeon met up with IU in the school corridors. She wanted to ask about the voice that IU heard.

'Are you really sure, that voice is Wooyoung's?'

'Aish...I'm sure, unnie. It was my second time heard it'

Then she told the whole story.

'I heard the same sound from the Music classroom. That day, I was helping teacher Shi to tidy up some documents. When I walk towards that class, the voice suddenly stop. As if he know that I'm coming. When the door opened, that guy bumped me and all the paper were scattered. I looked at a guy without his glasses repeatedly apologizing. He might be different that day, unnie. But that person is Jang Wooyoung-ssi!'

IU took herself a long deep breath. Taeyeon was lost in thought. She began to part his lips.

'Ji Eun?'

'Yeah?'

'Could you switch with me?'

'For?'

'Teaching Wooyoung-ssi'

IU's eyes wide opened.

'W-why why why, why me?'

'I'm quite tired today, will you?'

IU rolled her eyes. Taeyeon smiled and left. IU smiled until Taeyeon's figure can't be seen. Her smile faded and she let out a long sigh.

'How could I teach him? Anyway, why he bothered to hide his voice? Not enough confidence, probably? Arrgghh...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooyoung adjusted his glasses before knocking the door.

'Wooyoung? Is that you?'

Woo was startled. It wasn't Taeyeon's voice. It's...IU?

'N-ne..'

'Why is she here? Where is Taeyeon?'

The door opened and the small figurine-like girl welcome him to practice room.

'You must be wondering, why am I here, not Taeyeon-unnie?'

'Exactly' But I kept my voice.

'Thought so. I'm here because unnie isn't well'

Wooyoung's eyebrow linked. Concerned.

'What happened to her?'

'Oh, nothing serious. She's just on her monthly...' IU blushed a little.

She almost forgot with whom she was talking to. She continued.

'...check-up. Yeah, monthly check-up'

'For?' Wooyoung's voice drop into such worries.

IU's heart squeezed a little bit. A small tint of envy colored her heart.

'N-nothing. A-anyway...'

'Why am I stuttered like this? Oh dear...' She felt the heat creeping to his face.

IU calmed herself then continue.

'Let's start our practice, kay?'

Wooyoung silently followed IU while thinking.

'Why is she stuttering? She must be hiding something...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooyoung's POV

She sat in front of the piano and tried to play it. She looked so happy when played it.

'O-kay...this is a nice piano. Now, try to sing it'

'Huh?'

'Your part of your song, sing them'

I gulped. This isn't good, my feet felt very cold and boneless. My voice seemed to be stucked. And I took a deep breath. I opened my mouth and sang. About a minute, IU stopped me.

'Are you nervous?'

She suddenly asked and honestly I nodded.

'Why?'

I shook. I really didn't know why. She seemed to be disappointed. I saw her hiding a small pout.

'I-I don't know w-why I--'

'Wooyoung-ssi, do you know?' She interupted me.

'What your song is about?'

'About someone who dreaming about acceptance'

She shook her head.

'Incorrect'

I'm confused.

'Try to read it, word by word, phrase by phrase, what is it that the song want to tell you?'

I read carefully. Word by word. Phrase by phrase. For every sentence,  they told me.

 

"Today, I've been dreaming

What kind of dream? You asked

I saw an angel, elegant and pretty

I saw a world who has accepted me

I saw hope, who would bring me

a perfect world.

I know that it's only on my dream.

I know that it'll never happened.

But, I also know that I have a hope"

 

'Ahh~ I get it'

'It's about self-acceptance but without being approved by others'

'Pearl really is rich inside despite of his outer appearance. Regardless, he already accept himself'

I came back to reality. I saw IU's shocked face.

'W-why? Anything wrong?'

'No, no. You've got ability to turn others into chicken'

'Huh?'

'Nothing. You've got the heart, now, relax. Yes, like that. Close your eyes'

I did everything that she instructed.

'Now, put yourself as Pearl. What do you want to tell?'

I've got all the feeling, I knew it. I nodded.

'Now. Tell me'

And I told her. I told her that I had a dream, that it was really beautiful. My dream all about what people saw in me, accept me for who I am, about me accepting myself, about I and you.

'This is sad...I knew that I had these feeling long, long ago. I just can't remember'

I opened my eyes just to see that IU's been sitting on the floor. My eyes filled with shocked.

'Is she fall down?!'

I hurriedly helped her to get back on her feet.

'Who are you?'

'Huh?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay, okay...just tell me it's a very boring and procrastinating-type of story. I can hold myself from crying XD Nah, hope you're enjoying, cause that's what I aimed for :)