The Date

Pearl and Coral

Thunder waited for around an hour sitting alone in the cafe. The waitress already asked a few time, the answer always the same.

'I'm waiting for someone. I'll order later. Thanks'

The waitress will smile and left him alone. He kept on waiting though there's no sign that she would come. It could be just a lip services, a lie woven in a promise. He threw away all the thoughts. He keep checking his phone for the last message he received.

'Maybe, I'll order first'

Just as his mind decided, cafe's bell chimed. He automatically looked up for the figure. Her eyebrow linked as her face signing that she's very sorry for her tardiness.

'Ah...Thunder-ssi, I'm very-very-very sorry. There's something came up and then another something interrupt and then-'

Thunder shushed her. He called the waitress and started to order. IU looked up from the menu to glance him. No sign of anger, she tried to soothe herself. Soon after ordered, Thunder started conversation.

'Now, I reeaally-really-reaally have no intention to know why are you late. You're here and that's enough'

Blood rushed through her cheeks as she awkwardly smiled and looked away from his eyes.

'Are we in a date?'

IU caught off guard.

'Huh? A-ani...No, of course not! This is not a date because you threaten me and I-I must agree. It's not because of I'm willingly-'

Thunder chuckled. Thus her cheeks were even more colorful.

'Aisshh...this guy'

IU was fanning herself as the heat already risen up. He ended it with a smile.

'Yah! What do you want from me?!'

'No need to guard up, IU. I'm here wanted to tell you that we're the same. Or at least has the same situation'

IU gave a give-me-proper-explanation look.

'Should I call you Ji Eun-ssi?'

She's taken few step back. She shook her head.

'How he know my real name?'

'Then, don't call me other than Thunder'

She began to understand the flow. She opened her heart so the delicate Ji Eun could came out.

'Park Sang Hyun-ssi'

Thunder smiled.

'Lee Ji Eun-ssi'

'Is there anything you wanna talk about?'

'Yes, you see. Saranghae...'

IU gasped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon's POV

'Ssstt...'

I shushed both of them, Amber and Wooyoung. I needed to focus and I needed them to focus if this going to work.

'Yah! Jang Wooyoung! Why you didn't helping at all?!' I hissed to him.

'Why am I have to be coincidentally have to be here?! What am I need to say?!'

'Just follow the script!'

I was wearing one of the waiter's uniform. And I'm wearing a fake mustache.

'Becoming one of waiter is the best you could go, unnie? For real?'

'You're talking too much, Amber!'

I'm still waiting for the perfect time to go. The bell's chimed and there's our angel hurriedly apologized to him. First plan, success!

'Now!'

I gave two of them a sign. Wooyoung sneaked through the back door. Amber prepared the properties. Now, it's my turn. I came to them, hoping they didn't recognize me at all. I tried to lower my voice.

'Coffee, sir. A complimentary from us'

Okay, it's sounds like a not-yet-reached-puberty male voice, but whatever. I put slowly the coffee for IU, then put another one for Thunder. But, it won't be fun if just like that. So, I accidentally spilled the coffee on Thunder's lap.

'Ouch. Sorry, sir. I might have accidentally made you uncomfortable. So, if you allowed, we will cleaned your...pants'

'Geez...I sounds like a ert ahjussi right now, but whatever, the plan has to move on'

I dragged Thunder to Amber's place. Of course, she has turned into a handsome waiter too. I cleanly gave Wooyoung a sign to came in. He walked in and the bell's chimed. He's pretending to buy a coffee and realized that IU was there. He came to her table and talk as written in the script. If this is a success, then IU will leaving cafe with Wooyoung and left this player alone. I looked at him and snorted.

'This going to be fun'

Wooyoung already at IU's table. I peeked a bit to see the current condition. While Amber made our Thunder busy as hell, Wooyoung was having a conversation. I can't hear what was they said, but I really hope for the best.

'Are we ready?' Thunder gave a death glare to me so suddenly that I really froze.

'Dang! Wooyoung still out there!'

'SIR!' I nearly squealed a high note, I didn't care whether he found out that the waiter is a female.

Thunder looked back and that's enough.

'Your flower, sir'

I handed him a white rose. He left. I just prayed that Wooyoung finished with the script. I followed the trail to their table, hoping that no one was there.

'That punk! How could he know Ji Eun's favorite flower?!'

One glance was enough.

'That Wooyoung!'

The plan failed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IU's POV

I hugged my puppy doll tightly. I felt my face betrayed my mind by turning beet red, but since no one in my room, I guess that's tolerable. My mind wandered back track.

 

'Yes, you see. Saranghae...'

I gasped.

'W-what is this?'

Thunder smiled.

'I wasn't like this several months ago. I still a nerd and timid. Well, until now, I'm still the same person'

I stiffened as it reminds me of someone I knew. Jang Wooyoung.

'I'm in love with someone at that time. She didn't know. I changed everything I can to look better in her eyes, but no response. The last day before I enrolled in this school, I confess. Did you know that she actually said that I wasn't in love with her, but at that time I'm dead serious'

I couldn't send anything but a bitter smile.

'Yeah, Sang Hyun-ssi. We DO have a love detector'

He laughed, but continued.

'Yes, I don't really understand that day. I really thought that it was just a cliche reason and also a lame excuse to turn me down'

His mind seemed to wonder off somewhere. He let out a sigh. I kept myself in silence.

'But now, I really found someone that I really love. It's different. I tried and tried to keep her around me, yet it looked like she hate me. I really hope to be near her'

My heartbeat got slower, but the beat grew stronger.

'Was it me?'

His face turned red as he nodded his head.

 

I opened my eyes, back to reality. I pressed my own chest, right where the heartbeat hit.
'It's strong, but not really fast. I don't really feel him, it's a little tint of his compared to Wooyoung's'
I continue rolling my memory while placed my hand on.

 

Thunder was cleaning himself when the bell chimed.

'A-annyeong...'

I kinda stoned, that voice. I longed for that voice for a long time. I answered without looking.

'Annyeong'

He sat in front of me. The place that Thunder sat just now.

'How do you do?'

'Fine' I really didn't want to produce poison in my tone anymore.

He chuckled.

'I really didn't need this, right?' He crumbled a paper and threw it to the bin.

I really wanted to know what is that, but...

'It's your unnie'

'Huh? Who?'

'Taeyeon'

I swallowed hard as the name sip in my mind. I didn't mad at unnie, but when the name spoken by him, it's...so much pain.

'What is it with unnie?'

'She planned this out'

'Huh?'

'I really didn't have any business with you too'

I really disappointed with his ignorant to my feeling. I really need to teach him how to rea--

'But I really wanted to hear your voice. Hope next time, you'll give me your smile'

He smiled before he bid me good bye as the coffee he ordered came. I froze.

'I really-really hate you, Jang Wooyoung. How could you played with my heart?'

Thunder came when he's gone.

'Are you okay, IU?'

I dragged myself to face Thunder.

'Yeah, I'm fine. I just saw someone that looked like my old friend'

He seemed to know that I'm lying, but he didn't bother to ask it.

 

'I'm so sorry, Thunder'

I whispered as drowsiness had invited me to the dream land. That night, I still dreaming about Wooyoung. I wore an angelic wedding dress while he swore his oath with white tuxedo. The priest, Thunder, asked a few time to Wooyoung and tried to annoy him. I laughed, real hard that the tears of joy gathered in the edge of my eyes dripping.

Some people said that things would get so much worse after you received a good dream. Unfortunately, I'm not really a superstitious person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Phew...I dunno with you girls(or guys) but I personally enjoy this chapter...don't kill me tho :) All the thanks given to the commenter, you are the reason I didn't stop until now :') Please enjoy.