Chapter 6

Last Romeo ...... Last Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo tried calling Naeun but it went to voice mail. It’s been a whole day since they last spoke. He became worried that she is breaking up with him. He’s been trying to convince their manger that he has to go to Korea and that he’ll be back before their concert. After a lot of begging the manger finally gave up and agreed to help him. Another day passed and still she didn’t answer his calls. Myungsoo decided to send her a message and prayed that she'd read it.

Naeun was lying on the hospital bed while her phone was ringing continuously. She knew that it was Myungsoo but she couldn’t bring herself to answer. She didn’t want to lie to him and she didn’t want him to feel her fear. She was scared no, she was terrified and she couldn’t hide it. He would sense her fear before she says hello so she decided to ignore his calls but he won’t give up. He kept calling but she wouldn’t budge. It’s only a few hours before she enters the scary operation room and Naeun is trying her best to keep herself together. Myungsoo’s calls increased and it was making her nervous. Suddenly her phone was silent “Did he give up?” she wondered. When the phone remained silent for more than an hour, she felt sad. She wasn’t going to answer but she wanted him to keep calling, she didn’t want him to give up on her. Her phone vibrated indicating the arrival of a message. She picked the phone and opened the message.

“Naeun-ie I miss you so much. I don’t know why you’re not answering my calls. I don’t know why you’re trying to push me away. I told you that I’ll be there for you no matter what. I said that I was going to protect you and I said that we have to stick together for better and for worse. I know that you’re going into the operation room in a few hours so please remember that I’m here for you even if I’m not there. I’m praying for you so don’t worry. I know you’re strong and I’m sure that you’ll get through this. The only thing I can wish for is being next to you when you wake up. I want to be the first face you see when you wake up. You said you wanted to know what song I chose for my solo stage and I wanted to tell you about it. I wanted to show it to you and I want to tell you that this song is for you. That is a video of my performance and these are the words I want to tell you. I’ll see you soon. Your Romeo <3”

Naeun smiled as she read the message. Myungsoo isn’t a talkative person and he finds it hard to say what he feels but he gathered his courage, wrote and sent this message to her. She was happy and she wished he was with her so she could hug him. She opened the link at the end of the message and there he was standing on stage with his killer smile. It seemed as if he was looking at her. The music began and his husky voice came clear and strong with the most beautiful words.

Words on the tip of my tongue

Words that I want to say only when I see you

That you’re too precious, I’m gonna protect you

Those words that I’ve been holding in

 

Words that make me happy when I can speak them out

Words that are sweet to just pronounce

That I will be my best

That I want to treat you with my best, those words

 

I love you, I love you, I love you

Because saying just once or twice isn’t enough

I can’t save it, I can’t hide it

I’m confessing my true hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter