Chapter 5

Last Romeo ...... Last Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun POV:

I didn’t know how I got myself to tell him but I’m glad I did. I can’t live with the burden of dragging him into something he didn’t want to be part of.  I rested my head on his chest and I could hear his turbulent heart beats. He must be worried. If there is one thing L is good at it would be hiding his feelings. He looked as calm as ever but his heart said otherwise. I feel bad right now. He is leaving and he has a lot of work I just added more trouble. “When is the surgery?” He asked snapping my out of my thoughts. His voice was flat and his face was expressionless, typical L. “We haven’t scheduled it yet.” I said. I won't set the date until I know the dates of their concerts. “You have to tell me when you do schedule it, promise.” He said and I just nodded without looking at him. He pulled me closer to him and ran his hand through my hair.

A nice smell woke me up. I opened my eyes and it took me a while to realize where I was. I sat up and looked for Myungsoo but I couldn’t see him. I went to the kitchen and he was standing there making eggrolls and ramen. “Good morning princess” he said walking to me then he kissed my cheek. “Did you sleep well?” he asked smiling “Why did you let me sleep here? My parents are probably worried." He grinned “Don’t worry about that I texted them that you’re staying at a friend’s house.” He said making me sit on a chair and placing a plate in front of me. I smiled when I saw how he drew my name and hearts with ketchup. We ate breakfast peacefully. I offered to wash the dished but he refused saying “Save your effort. I have another mission for you.” He stood by the sink and sang in a low voice. He looked so cute. I walked to him and wrapped my arms around him resting my head on his back. “Do you want to help me pack my bags?” He asked. “Is that the mission you have for me?” I said playfully stepping back. He held my hands and wrapped my arms around him again “Don’t break that.” He said “Your mission is staying with me till I leave.” He said turning around. We’re now standing face to face. He smiled showing his dimples “Did I tell you that I like you?” He said then he pulled me in a tight hug. I felt safe “I’m your Romeo” he said. “That makes me Juliet. This is sad oppa.” I said remembering the tragic end of the famous play. “We’ll have a different ending. I’ll protect you.” He said.

Naeun left early because her parents were worried. Myungsoo finished packing his things and was alone in the room. He was frustrated about what Naeun told him the night before. His jaw clenched and his neck was tensioned. He kept snarling and kicking the bed. The boys rushed to the room to see what was happening and he shouted at them to leave him alone. How can he protect her from sickness? How can he protect her from the ghost of death? He wanted to drop everything and just stay with her but what about his friends and his work? He knew that she didn’t want to tell him about the surgery date because she didn’t want him to risk his work. He slammed his fist on the desk then he sat on a chair taking a deep breath “Everything will be fine Kim Myungsoo. She will be fine.” He said to himself.

 

Dear Myungsoo,

It’s been a week since you left. I already miss you so much. I’m glad I told you about my heart, I feel relieved. I know I didn’t tell you about th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter