Chapter 27

Last Romeo ...... Last Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo jumped out of bed in panic. He grabbed his phone and the car keys then he took the bag from Naeun. He called the doctor and told him what happened in a panicked voice. Naeun changed into dry clothing while Myungsoo went to put their needs in the car. He was running like a crazy person. When he entered the house, he saw Naeun groaning in pain while leaning on the couch for support. He ran to her and carried her bridal style as he ran down the stairs. He placed her carefully in the car and ran to the driver’s side. He drove fast which earned him a scolding yell from Naeun. He was scared of losing her. He wouldn’t risk it so he had to get then to the hospital as fast as possible.

Pacing back and forth in front of the surgery room for an hour, Myungsoo’s energy was drained. He was terrified and alone. He realized he hadn’t called his friends. His knees gave up and he sat on the floor searching his pocket for his phone. He called Sungyeol since he was the lightest sleeper among them. In a few minutes Sungyeol and Yura were standing in front of the surgery room. Myungsoo was sitting on a chair covering his face with his palms. Yura snd Sungyeol sat on both his sides. Ahyoung patted his shoulder lightly earning his attention. Myungsoo looked at her with tear filled eyes. “Yah Kim Myungsoo, why are you looking like this? You’re going to be a father in a few moments. You should be happy.” She said. “Myungsoo-ah, what is wrong?” Sungyeol asked in a concern.  A tear slipped from Myungsoo’s eye. He wiped it quickly then he stood up and started pacing back and forth again. The rest of infinite and apink members arrived with their partners. They greeted the empty faced Myungsoo and exchanged questioning glances with each other.  It wasn’t the face that everyone expected to see from the Myungsoo who was overjoyed about the idea of becoming a father. Yura looked at Sungyeol who nodded and quietly escorted everyone to the room leaving Myungsoo with Yura. Myungsoo was still pacing back and forth with a distant look. Yura stood in front of him and he pumped into her. “Sorry” he whispered. Yura put her arm around Myungsoo. They stood still for a moment then he broke into a quiet sob. “I forgot she was sick.” He wept “All these years I let her do too many chores and she never complained.” “Myungsoo, she always says that you help her.” “I didn’t do enough. What sort of husband forgets that his wife is sick? How can prove that I love her when I couldn’t even remember her illness?” He sobbed. His cries were quiet and restrained.  Yura knew that he wouldn’t cry in front of the other girls and he couldn’t tell the boys what he was saying now, they would about it for a lifetime. She was his friend she understood.  

Sungyeol and Woohyun returned. Sungyeol patted Myungsoo’s back when he heard his sobs. Myungsoo turned and looked at him. His eyes were filled with guilt and shame, drowned in fear and worry. A broken Hyung slipped Myungsoo’s lips. Woohyun pressed Myungsoo’s shoulder “Everything will be okay” he whispered. The sound of a crying baby was heard. “She is here.” Sungyeol said with a smile. A beaming grin stretched on Myungsoo’s face. Yura patted his shoulder. The doctor came out of the room “Myungsoo?” he asked. Myungsoo nodded and asked “Naeun?” “The baby is okay. She is a beautiful girl.” The doctor said. Fear crept to Myungsoo’s heart “And Naeun?” Myungsoo said in a shaking voice. “You know she kept mumbling your name. I have to say that I wasn’t a big fan of you two when you first came out but I admit that your love amazed me all through these years. You made me believe that love actually exists.” Myungsoo’s patience was wearing out and the doctor was talking endlessly. Myungsoo put his hands on the doctor’s shoulders “HOW. IS. My. WIFE?” Myungsoo said pressing on every word while glaring sharply at the doctor. Sungyeol and Woohyun pulled Myungsoo away from the doctor. The young doctor chuckled “I always knew you had this side. She is fine Mr. Kim. She is more than fine. She is alive and she is in love and I can see that she is loved too. Her heart is strong because of that. You can see her in the room in a few minutes with the baby.” He walked away followed by the nurse.

Myungsoo sat on the edge of the bed holding Naeun’s hand between his. He kept kissing the back of her hand. The girls were looking at the baby girl lying in her crib. Myungsoo couldn’t stop staring at the baby girl. He didn’t let anyone carry her, especially the boys. He was scared of carrying her himself. She was too small, too fragile that he thought that he might break her. The baby wrapped her hand around Myungsoo’s finger causing a wide grin to take over his face. His heart was beating wildly “Hello baby girl, appa is here. He will watch over you and protect you.” He whispered kissing the baby’s tiny hand. He watched the baby’s every move capturing it with his camera. The doctor was right; Naeun kept saying his name in her sleep along with other in coherent words and curses every now and then making everyone in the room chuc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter