Chapter 17

Last Romeo ...... Last Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting on the edge of his bed Sunggyu’s tears began falling. He couldn’t control it anymore. For the past twenty hours he’s been acting tough, holding back his tears and remaining rational. Now that he is home alone he let himself lose control. He was scared and confused. It all came out of the blue just yesterday everything was going well and now it’s all going downhill. He clenched his fist as a cry escaped his lips. He heard the front door getting shut. Sunggyu lay on bed getting under the duvet and burying his head in the pillow. He never let anyone see him cry not even Eunji. He felt her sliding on the bed beside him then he felt her arms wrapping around his waist. “Cry you little fool” she said crying then she punched his shoulder repeatedly “Stop acting tough.” She felt his body shivering and heard him crying. Tightening her grip on him she pulled him closer to her letting her head rest on his back and she cried.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault.” Bomi cried on Hoya’s shoulder as they stood in front of the ICU (intensive care unit) looking at Myungsoo who was lying on the bed hooked up to several devices. He patted her back “It’s not your fault. It’s not anyone’s fault.” He whispered “I didn’t know he was driving. I never thought something like this would happen. I was so worried about Naeun I couldn’t think straight. It is all my fault, I’m so sorry, I’m sorry.” She sobbed “Myungsoo is a tough guy. He’ll be fine.” He said hudding her tighter. Ah-young came running into the hospital. She asked the nurse about Myungsoo’s room and she ran there. She looked around until her eyes fell on Sungyeol sitting on the floor covering his face with both his hands. She walked slowly to him and sat beside him. She put her arm around his shoulder. He slowly lifted his head and looked at her “Ah-young” he whispered. His eyes were swollen and blood shot. “Mmm Sungyeol, I’m here.” She said. He put his head on her shoulder and held her hand. “What did the doctor say?” she asked when she felt his tears soaking her shirt. “The doctor said the surgery went well. If he is stable the next 48 hours then his life won’t be at risk. He’ll be alright. He is Kim Myungsoo. He’ll make it.” He said between his tears “He will” she said wrapping both her arms around his shoulders as he sobbed. When he calmed down she held his hand and whispered “Let’s go see him” she helped him stand up and they walked to the ICU. They looked at Myungsoo through the glass with their arms around each other “Do you know he was more excited than me on our wedding day? He has two thousand photos of that day.” Sungyeol said “I remember he made you tear up when he said his best-man speech. He is a good friend.” She said and he nodded. “Dongwoo oppa told me that you refused to leave.” “How could I?” “We’ll stay here as long as you wish.” “Thank you” he whispered.

Opening her eyes slowly Naeun covered her eyes and groaned. Chorong and Namjoo ran to her side. She was dizzy and her eyes took a while to adjust to the light before she scanned the place. “Where am I?” she asked in a weak voice “The hospital” Namjoo said “How are you feeling?” Chorong asked as she pressed the call button. “A little dizzy” she said as she recalled what happened “Where is Myungsoo?” she asked “He went home to rest for a while.” Chorong said. Naeun felt weird. It didn’t sound like him at all but she shrugged it off. She put her hand on her belly to check her baby but it was flat; empty. “Where is my baby?” she said in shock as she tried to sit. The doctor walked it “You need to rest Mrs Kim.” He said “Where is my baby?” she said nervously as her friends helped her sit. “Sorry ma’am we couldn’t save him.” he said. Naeun gasped with tears filling her eyes “What happened?” she said in shaking voice “It was premature and died shortly after it was born.” Tears streamed down her face as she clenched her hand on her abdomen. “Ma’am you need to calm down. You lost a lot of blood and you need to recover.” He said then he gave some o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter