36

Cheaper by the Dozen

It is 8:50am and everyone was rushing to go to work. “Hey, has anyone seen my sunglasses?”

“It is by the fish tank. Kwanggie.” He answered.

“Who’ve seen my school bag?”

“Behind the sofa near the window Kyu.” He answered.

“Arrghh! I can’t find my sport shoes and I am going to be so late!”

“Outside Nari, by the clothes line.” He answered.

“Where is my coffee?” Someone huffed as he sits down on the dining table.

“Sorry, sorry. Here you go.” He answered and places the coffee on the table.

The living room and the kitchen which was so noisy and hectic earlier turned silent. Those who were in the living room enter the kitchen. “Eun…Hyuk-ah?” Ryeowook called out.

“Yeah?” He answered as he places the breakfast on the plates and serves it on the table.

“Are you okay? Or did you hit your head somewhere today?” Ryewook asks concernly. \

“Aishh… aniya. I’m fine.” He exclaimed.

“Then how did you know what to answer when we ask where our things were and WHY!? Are you cooking all of the sudden?” Ryeowook frowns and as for the others just stands there waiting for answers.

“Ahhh that…. By this!” He grabs a paper and shows it to them. It is a list of what will the others asks on where about is their belongings. “Also I am cooking today because eomma isn’t feeling well. So I –“ Before he could end his speech everyone starts running upstairs and head to their parent’s room. “Aigoo.” Eunhyuk shakes his head.

 

“Eomma…?” They called out at the same time as they peek in inside the room.

“Oh, what are you guys doing here, don’t you guys have work and school to go to?” Yoseob asks as he forced himself up.

“We….” Junhyung hesitates.

“Don’t just stand there. Come in.” Yoseob speaks softly inviting them in.

“Are you alright eomma?” Junhyung asks concernly once everyone reached the bed. Kyuhyun, Gi Kwang, and Heechul take a sit on the bed.

“I am fine baby. You don’t have to worry about me.” He smiles calmly as he tries his best not to show his feeling. “Now go. Believe me, I am fine. Nothing to worry about. It is normal with me at this age.” Exclaimed Yoseob.

“But eomma, you look so pale.” Ryeowook speaks up as he holds his eomma’s hand.

“I am just having minor headache. Now, go.” He said as he tries to persuade his sons and daughter to go to work. “Please…?” He pleads.

Junhyung, Heechul, Ryeowook, Gi Kwang, Nari and Kyuhyun couldn’t say anything anymore upon hearing their eomma begged. With heavy hearted they take their leave and went downstairs.

“Hyukkie hyung!” Kyuhyun yelled.

“Kamchagiya!!” He startled and accidentally flipped the hot pancake to Kyuhyun’s face.

“Hot! Hot! Hot!” He grabbed the pancake and fans his face. “YAH!!” the young one groan angrily.

“Bianne! Bianne…. Actually… I’m not. You deserve it!” He smirks. Kyuhyun just eyed his hyung looking very unhappy. “So what is it? Why you called me?”

“We want know what is wrong with eomma?” Heechul asks.

“Well what did he say?” Eunhyuk asked back.

“He said he has minor headache.” Gi Kwang answered.

“Well then… there is your answer.” Without a word, Nari approaches her twin and look at him. “W-why are you looking at me like that?” He asks feeling uncomfortable.

“Yoon Eunhyuk…there is something you aren’t telling us… isn’t there?” She asks, still staring at him.

“A-aniya! Now go away. I have things to do.” He simply answers and pushes her away slightly trying not to get caught.

“Hyukkie….” Nari called out as she knows her twin too well to know that he knows something that he is not telling. Eunhyuk pretend that he didn’t hear her. However there was 5 other pair of eyes looking at him, waiting for answers.

“Stop looking at me. Seriously, sit down and eat up or it will get cold.” He commands as he starts cleaning the kitchen. This is seriously getting uneasy. Aisssshh – He told himself. He grabs few plates on the sink so that he can stack them in the cupboard. He turns around and sees Heechul was already standing in front of him VERY CLOSE.

“Spill!” He commands. Eunhyuk instantly releases a long sigh and asks everyone to sit down – and eventually they have a small meeting by the dining table and he began to tell what had happened this morning.

 

“Poor eomma.” Gi Kwang exclaim.

“Speaking of which, where is Siwon anyway?” Junhyung asks.

“Oh, he went to work already.” Eunhyuk simply answered. Upon that, everyone look at him unbelievably. Everyone accept Heechul that is.

“You’re kidding right?” Nari asked.

“Nope. Why?” Eunhyuk frown slightly.

“Because usually he would be the one who will tell us to miss work and look after eomma together whenever eomma isn’t feeling well.” She answered.

“That…. I don’t know.” He shrugged.

“Hmm….Something smells very fishy….” Kyuhyung assumed. 

 

___________________________________________________

Why Italy? 

What is Doojoon hiding from Yoseob? 

 

Hope you like the story F.D