35

Cheaper by the Dozen

Like my story so far? Do help me by  upvote  it. I truly appreciates it. Love you loads -A-

 

It is Sunday and it is 4 in the morning. Slowly someone gets up and off the bed trying as hard as he could not to wake up his sleeping beauty. He glances on the other side of the bed – no big movement and so he began tippy toe-ing to the bathroom and has a shower. Since it’s 4 am, there water will surely be cold, not to mention we are in winter season. What about water heater? He would have used it from the start – if it didn’t break down two days ago. The plumber said he will come right away but no sign of him. He was thinking of buying new ones, but hasn’t had the times.

After finishes having a shower, he wraps himself with a towel once he dry off that is, and head back out. He grabs his working clothes that have already been iron and ready to wear. Once that is done, he looks around to find his small travel luggage. He searched high and low but it was nowhere to be found. He then tries to look in the last place hoping that the travel luggage isn’t there – under the bed!

He takes small steps so that it wouldn’t be heard. He lifts the bed sheets and began searching for the luggage. Urghh! I hate it when I’m right! – He thought. He pulls it gently and carefully. Suddenly he could hear a rolling noise and quickly he look at the person on the bed. Dammit! He’s moving!! – He thought and was really getting nervous. Luckily, the sleepy head was just turning to face the other side.

He takes a glance at the table clock, which is being nicely placed next to the bed. 4:38AM. Without any thought he quickly pulls the luggage, rush back to the wardrobe and grabs few clothes. He is going to be so late in this situation. Nevertheless he still maintains his silence. Once that is settled, he get up, grabs a few extra things like his power bank, his phone, and off he went, heading towards the door. He grabs the handle and was about to twists it when he heard a knock on the door – which made him jumps and almost drop his luggage.

He twists the door knob and opens the door as quickly as he could so it wouldn’t make any shrieks sound. “Appa, we are going to be late.” The person outside the room speaks.

“Aigoo this kid, you almost gave me a heart attack you know.” He whispers angrily.

“Sesonghamnida appa. Now, palli, or you’ll miss your flight.” He told and grabs the luggage on his appa’s hand.

“Arassoh. Arassoh. I’ll be down in a minute Siwon-ah.” He was about to leave the room when he remembered something. “He quickly ran back to the bedroom and kisses his wife’s forehead, nose and lips. “I love you.” He said and exits the room.

 

55 minutes later he arrives at the airport and head straight to the nearest café he could find. “Yoon Doojoon! Will you please hurry up!” Siwon groan.

“Yah yah yah! I am your father! Besides I am super duper hungry. I’ll just but some hot latte and toast.” He exclaimed.

“Like there wouldn’t be any food during the flight.” Siwon answered sarcastically. Doojoon just give him a death glare.

There is about half an hour left before board the plane but he has to be waiting in the departure lounge first. Before entering, he told Siwon something. “Siwon, remember, no one must know why am I going to Italy. Got it?”

“Arassoh appa. Have a safe trip.” He smiled and wave goodbye.

 

 

He breathes in deeply and slowly releases them out. He turn to face the clock on the table beside the bed and take a peak on what time is it. 8:02 AM. He then lay on his back and at the same time his right hand began to feel the other side of the bed. He feels nothing. Instantly he opens his eyes to find an empty side of the bed. “Jagiya?” He looks around and no one was there. He jumps out of bed and run into the bathroom. “Jagiya? You there?” No answer.

Someone enters the kitchens and rubbing his sleepy eyes. “Morning eve –“ He was about to greet everybody, but no one was there. “Where is everyone? Doesn’t they have to go to work?” He frowns.

A moment later he heard someone running down stairs. He takes a few steps back to see who it was. “Oh! Eomma?” However his eomma begins to enter the living room as if he was looking for something. Finally his eomma came running into the kitchen, still looking around. “What’s wrong eomma? Where is everyone?” He greets his eomma.

“Morning Hyukkie.” His mother answered without looking at him. He frowns slightly. It seems his eomma is looking very worried and he seems rather pale.

“Eomma! Eomma! Calm down!” He shouts as he grabs his eomma who was trying to pushes him away. He noticed there was a glass of plane water by the counter between the wet kitchen and the dry kitchen. Quickly he grabs it and splashes it onto his eomma. Yoon Yoseob whom was earlier looks like someone has been possessed by ghost finally calm down. He froze for a mill-a-second and then looks up at the person in front of him.

“T-Thank You sweetie…” At this very moment he has no more energy to stand. His leg seems hard to hold him up as if it was paralyzed.

“Ohhh eomma. Okay…okay.” He quickly catches his eomma and brings him to the dining table. “What’s wrong eomma?

“Y-Your appa… I think he run away from home.” He answered as he just stares at nothing.

“BBOWH?!” He yelled shockingly. “Wait! How do you know that he is running away?” He asks as he tilt his head.

“This morning I woke up a little late, but when I look, he wasn’t next to me, nowhere in the room or even the bathroom. Few of his clothes are gone along with his travel luggage.” Yoseob answers in one breath.

“Ohhh okay. I am sure there is some logical answer. Maybe appa went on a business trip. Outstation, You know?” Eunhyuk answered as he tries to calm his eomma down. Yoseob shake his few head vigorously.

“No! No! Your appa would have told me. Usually he would have told me few days before, if not, the night before.” He argued.

“Eomma please; don’t be like this. We will call appa later okay.” He pleads as he is very worry about his dearest mother. Eunhyuk releases out a long sigh.

Upon hearing his son pleading, Yoseob sigh. He rest on his son’s chest and cries. All Eunhyuk could do was just caresses his eomma’s back and let him cry.

 

 

Seeing what has just happened. He walks himself towards the living room and throws himself onto the couch.  “Eomma… bianneo….” He bites his lips. 

 

 

 

Where is Doojoon going? 

Why isn't he telling his wife? 

Is he hiding something? 

Stay Tuned. 

hehehe.