Chapter 35- Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

You're Kidding Right?

Who's Afraid of The Big Bad Wolf?

Author's Narration.

It was cold. Almost too cold.

Hanuel didn't know what to do- her thoughts were numbed over like her body from the icy breeze that cut her like a knife. She had snuck out- giving some flimsy and stupid excuse to get past YongGuk, of course he fell for it; Hanuel hardly lies. He didn't even look away from the t.v when she told him, she'd be lying if she did that didn't hurt a little. She tried to not show it on her face incase he sensed something was up but she stalked out- lip quivering and eyebrows furrowed. She didn't take her truck, she foolishly didn't think she needed it. As she stood alone-at night in the middle of no-where she gritted her teeth together, her stomach was twisting and churning with anxiety and fear.

She shouldn't.

They can smell fear.

She look to the right then to the left of the road. Behind her was the petrol station. The dim lights flickered on and off; making that bing sound that usually happens to lights in horror movies. The paint inside and out was faded in a murky orange colour. All metal in sight had some form of rust like it was a spreading disease. The sign had missing letters and the end one hanging by its last limb- creaking as it swung side to side with the wind. The trees looked ominous and shady. She could hear the wind whistle harshly as it blew through them. The trees didn't look normal- they looked sick, twisted like something out of the darkest nightmares. The road- like a thick black river; separating her and the forest. Shivering slightly- she waited a while longer. Her pocket vibrated- a sign she had received a text message-

'Go into the woods little red ♡'

Her jaw clenched in anger, their teasing made her fuming with anger. Her eyes squinted in fury and her cheeks flamed. She squeezed her phone in a tight grip before throwing it violently in front of her and growled at it. Tears welled up in her eyes, no- this was not the time for crying, she thought.

She picked up her slightly cracked phone and trudged across the street. She quietly walked through the wood- her senses were on high alert. Her steps were shaky and her and trembled but her face was emotionless. The trees were like bars of a cage surrounding her; dark and looming over her. She could hardly see anything, the pale moon was only shinning a little.

Regret seeped into her mind-

she should've told someone-

anyone.

She should've came up with a plan-

one that wouldn't have let her get killed so easily.

She should've brought some form of protection-

even a kitchen knife would've done the job.

But she didn't. And now-

she was going to have to pay the price.

A low growl came from her left. It sounded like waves of baritone drum beating. She whipped around to meet eyes with a bulky, fearsome wolf. It's eyes were a almost soulless black- it's muzzle had dried, rusty blood on it. It's fur stuck all ways as if the animal was drove by madness. Bulging muscles formed on its limbs beneath the hair leading down to its throat-crushing feet accompanied by murderous claws almost as pointed and sharp as its teeth. She wanted to run, but her legs felt too weak, her arms hanged limp by her side. The wolf let out a small but terrifying bark- making her jump back in shock- her arms regained life and flew up to near her face- a human instinct of protection. Then it started to bark non-stop until she was so frightened her legs gave away and she fell to the cold ground.

The wolf inched its way forward- taunting her in the process-

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

 

SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE. CHEONGMAL CHEONGMAL CHEONGMAL MIANHAE. I could probably sit here and list all the excuses but I know you don't want to listen to the patheticness of it. I PROMISE that there will be another update SOON! AND I'M SORRY IT'S SO SHORT (kinda like me) LATERS~~~