Sweet Jimin

That year, the Sun Shines

Perhaps it was because it was past his usual bedtime; perhaps it was because Jungkook was fatigued from the day, Jungkook had a deep and restful slumber that night. 

 

He only woke up after 10 in the morning. When he reached for his handphone, he was pleasantly surprised to see a message from Jimin which was sent at around eight in the morning.

 

Hey Jungkookie, it’s Jimin. Just dropping a message to check on you. I suppose you’re still asleep. Drop me a text when you are awake so that I know everything is fine with you. =)

 

Jimin’s message brought a smile to Jungkook’s face. Jungkook felt as though Jimin was just by his side and speaking gently to him.

 

It won’t hurt to reply him, right?

 

“Good morning Jimin. Sorry for the late reply. Hope I didn’t cause you to worry too much. I just woke up. Did you get up early?”

 

Since his parents were not around, Jungkook decided to laze in his bed all the while clutching and staring intenty at his handphone hoping for the device to beep or vibrate.

 

But nothing happened in the next five minutes. There was no beep. There was no vibration. There were no messages. Jungkook huffed and kicked his legs in the air in frustration.

 

I knew it. Park Jimin doesn’t really care. He was just being polite that’s all. Stupid Park Jimin! Bad Park Jimin! Why do you bother to message me when you can’t respond fast enough?

 

Jungkook got up from his bed and chucked his handphone on his mattress.  After he took a few steps, his handphone beeped. Jungkook dashed back to his bed and with trembling hanfs, grabbed his handphone in anticipation.

 

“Morning Jungkookie =). I am glad to know that you’re doing okay. Have you just gotten up? I had gotten up pretty early and went to the gym. I’ve just stepped out from the shower. Remember to have breakfast.”

 

Jimin’s words conjured mental images in Jungkook’s mind – that of Jimin lifting weights in the gym and flexing his muscles; Jimin stepping out of the shower with a towel wrapped round his lower body while droplets of water were still dripping from his upper body. Jungkook wondered how Jimin’s body would look like.

 

What am I thinking? Why am I thinking about Jimin this way?

 

Jungkook slapped himself on his cheeks and yelped in pain.

 

Stupid me! Why did I slap myself?

 

Jungkook gripped his handphone and stared at the screen thinking of a reply.

 

“Yup. I just got up. I had a very good sleep last night. I am always thankful to be able to have another day. I will have eat something later. I’m not really hungry at the moment.”

 

“Are you planning on skipping lunch too?” Jimin replied.

 

“I’m not very hungry. Mum didn’t cook enough food to last me till she gets back. I’ll just have ramen. Besides, I don’t plan on going out. I’ll stay at home to do my homework.”

 

“Jungkookie, what’s your address?”

 

“Why are you asking for my address?”

 

“Just give it to me.”

 

Without giving much thought, Jungkook texted Jimin his address. It was only after the message was sent to Jimin that Jungkook realised what he had done.

 

OMG! What did I just do? Am I under a spell or something? Why did I give him my address? What is he going to do? Is he going to stalk me or visit me unannounce? But he probably knows my address anyway. He’s been here three times. Ugh!

 

“Jimin, why did you ask for my address?”

 

“Well, you’ll find out soon enough,” Jimin texted back.  

 

“Are you planning something?”

 

But Jimin didn’t respond. Jungkook stood at the same spot for five minutes but there wasn’t any reply from Jimin.

 

“Ya! Park Jimin! What are you going to do?”

 

 But the older didn’t replied.

 

“Ugh. I’m going crazy!” Jungkook exclaimed. Realising he wouldn’t obtain a response from Jimin; Jungkook dumped his phone on the bed and proceeded to wash up. Jungkook didn’t feel like starting on his homework immediately. He picked him one of his handheld games, sauntered downstairs, headed to the kitchen to take his medication. He headed to the living room, the television to enliven the quiet and empty house, plopped himself down into the sofa and started on his game. Jungkook was about half an hour into his game when he heard the bell sound. Jungkook was engrossed with his game and he chose to ignore the bell. But the ringing persisted. Jungkook was irritated. He chucked his game on the sofa, rose from the sofa, opened the door and headed to the gate. He was surprised when he spotted a delivery man at the gate.

 

“Food delivery for Jeon Jungkook,” the man said.

 

Jungkook was puzzled. He didn’t order any food. He opened the gate and the guy the package into Jungkook’s hands.

 

“Wait…I didn’t order anything. Is there a mistake?”

 

The delivery man stated impatiently Jungkook’s address and asked whether Jungkook was the receiver. Jungkook nodded in affirmation.

 

“So there isn’t any mistake,” the impatience in his tone was evident.

 

“Can you wait for a while, let me go get my wallet to pay you,” Jungkook said.

 

“It’s been paid for. Enjoy. Goodbye,” the man responded and turned away leaving a surprised Jungkook with a package of food in his hands.

 

Jungkook returned to his home and set the package down. He opened the package and was pleasantly surprised to find two servings of Black Bean Noodles and a large serving of Sweet and Sour Pork.

 

I didn’t order this. Don’t tell me…

 

Jungkook dashed up the stairs to his bedroom. His spotted his handphone on the bed. He picked it up. There was a message from Jimin.

 

“Hey Jungkookie, I took the liberty of ordering take out for you. Since you told me you didn’t want to go out and you don’t have enough food at home, I decided to order some food for you to last you for at least two to three meals. It’s not healthy for a growing teenager to eat ramen. The food is already paid for. I would have liked to buy food and bring it down to your place myself, but I have some things to do so I can’t.”

 

“Hey Jungkookie, have you received the food? I’ve ordered it like 45 minutes ago. It should be delivered. If you don’t get it soon, let me know. I’ll call the restaurant to check.”

 

So it was Jimin. Jungkook broke out into a broad smile. He felt his eyes dampen at Jimin’s gesture. He felt a sense of warmth overpower him. Why would Jimin do that? Jimin is such a good person.

 

“Jimin-hyung, thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you for being so caring. This was a nice surprise. I didn’t expect this at all. The food has arrived. I will eat well.”

 

“Finally, you called me hyung! I’m so happy Jungkookie. Ke Ke Ke.”

 

“Did I? =P I’m going to have lunch. Thanks for the food Jimin.”

 

“So now you go back to not calling me hyung.”

 

Jungkook took a selfie of himself eating the noodles and sent it to Jimin. “I’m eating well.”

 

………….

 

“Jiminie, why are you smiling at your handphone? What’s interesting?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Really?” Taehyung sneakily grabbed Jimin’s handphone and spotted a selfie of Jungkook eating the noodles Jimin had ordered.”

 

“You really did order take-out and pay for Jeon Jungkook?” Taehyung asked.

 

Jimin nodded.

 

“Wow, Jiminie. I know you’re caring. If you keep this up, the kid will fall head over heels for you. I mean I would feel so moved if someone would do that for me. You’re such a player. You know if you keep doing things like that, I am going to wonder if you’re beginning to fall for him. It's either that or your acting is really top notch. I won’t be able to tell the real from the fake. The kid will be hurt if he finds out at the end of the day it is all an act in order to make him fall for you and get his signature,” Taehyung rattled.

 

Jimin was uncomfortable with what Taehyung had just said. “Well, you did tell me my life is important, so I have to work hard on getting what I want from Jeon Jungkook, right?”

 

“That’s true. We have next Saturday to turn up the charms on Jung Hoseok and Jeon Jungkook. But I bet with you that the Jungkook kid will completely fall for you within a month.”

 

“Worry about yourself, Taetae,” Jimin laughed as he wanted to divert the topic away from himself and Jungkook. Jimin did not like what he was doing though he understood Taehyung’s intentions. But will Jungkook fall for him as what Taehyung has predicted? 

 

“I’m confident I’ll make Hoseok like me,” Taehyung declared with a chuckle.

 

…………

 

The weekend passed quickly for Jungkook. Over the weekend, Jimin would text Jungkook to check on him. Normally, Jungkook will feel bothered by someone asking him how he was, but he knew Jimin was sincerely concerned over his (Jungkook’s) well-being, so Jungkook replied to Jimin’s messages. They didn’t chat much beyond the messages. But Jungkook felt warm and fuzzy each time he received a text from Jimin. Each message reminds Jungkook of how sweet and thoughtful Jimin was in ordering take-out for him. Jungkook has to admit that Jimin occupied his thoughts from time to time. This feeling was foreign to him but he did not want to think much about it. He found himself looking forward to Friday when he would be able to meet Jimin.

 

But his anticipation was ruined when Jimin showed up at Jungkook’s school unannounced on Tuesday.

 

“Why are you here?” Jungkook asked. “Aren’t we supposed to meet on Friday?”

 

“Um…well…um…yeah. But I have something important to do on Friday. Taetae and I are supposed to have dinner with Dr Jin,” Jimin hesitated. Jimin would have wanted to spend time with Jungkook, but the dinner with Jin and Taehyung was more important. He wanted the awkwardness the two to disappear so that things could return to normal.

 

“Oh!” Jungkook replied. He was a little disappointed that he was unable to spend time with Jimin on Friday. He was a little unhappy that Jimin had to cancel their appointment because of a dinner appointment between Jimin, Taehyung and Jin. And with Jimin’s relationship status to Taehyung never explicitly clarified, Jungkook was a little sour over Jimin calling Taehyung by his pet name or nickname.

 

Noticing Jungkook’s lack of response, Jimin quickly explained, “Taetae and Dr Jin have some misunderstanding with one another. I can’t go into the details. But the dinner is an opportunity for them to clear the air over the misunderstanding or what has been on their minds.”

 

Jungkook nodded.

 

“I really want to spend Friday evening with you, Jungkookie,” Jimin continued. “But…since I can’t, I would like to make it up to you today.”

 

“I can’t. I have English enrichment today. You have my number. Why couldn’t you text me that you were coming…or you wanted to go out…why do you always show up at my school as or when you please? Didn’t I tell you I would return the headphones on Friday? Why can’t you wait until then? If you are busy on Friday, too bad,” Jungkook lashed out.

 

“I’m sorry, Jungkookie. I’ll go then. I didn’t come today to get my headphones back. I just wanted to go out with you,” Jimin uttered while forcing a smile on his face.

 

“It’s okay Jimin. Let’s go out. I can skip the enrichment class,” Jungkook’s tone softened a little.

 

“It’s alright. You shouldn’t miss your class. I’ll text you again,” Jimin said and he turned away from Jungkook. But Jungkook shouted out. “Damn it Jimin. I said I would miss class. Let’s just go out. It’s just one class. It wouldn’t matter much anyway. Not that my parents would care. I’m going to die anyway. Why would they invest so much time and money on me? They have my brother. They invest much more in him. Everything is for him.”

 

Jimin froze as he thought to himself. “If only you know Jungkookie. If only you know how much your parents care about you? It’s not easy to get a donor…if your dad isn’t a researcher…do you know how much money they have to spend on a clone like me?”

 

Jimin turned round, “Jungkookie, how could you say that? I’m sure your parents care for you in some way or another. Maybe you just haven’t realised it…but you will one day.”

 

“Says the one who grew up in an orphanage without knowing who his parents are,” Jungkook spat.

 

And Jungkook was mortified by his words when he saw the smile on Jimin’s face vanish. He regretted his words.

 

“That’s right, Jungkookie, I don’t have any parents…” Jimin realised his slip and quickly covered it. “I mean I don’t know who my parents are.”

 

“Jimin hyung, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean…”

 

Jimin massaged his temples and sighed. “It’s okay, I’ll get going.”

 

“Don’t go Jimin hyung. I want to go out with you.”

 

“And what about your class…?”

 

“I…I…” Jungkook stuttered. “I could miss one class.”

 

“What time does your class start and end?”

 

“Starts at 4.30, ends at 6.30.”

 

“Why don’t you attend class, while I’ll just hang around the school’s vicinity or something? I’ll pick you up at 6.30. How’s that?” Jimin suggested.

 

“Won’t you be bored for two hours?” Jungkook asked.

 

“As long as you don’t miss your class. I’ll be able to find something to do, trust me,” Jimin reassured.

 

Jungkook nodded.

 

They took a cab down to the English academy. They bid each other farewell with Jimin promising to return for Jungkook at half past six.

 

………

 

“Jimin hyung,” Jungkook called out as soon as he exited the doors of the academy. Jungkook was aware he had been quite mean to Jimin so he wanted to make up to Jimin by addressing him hyung.

 

“So you finally found your manners,” Jimin joked. “Or are you trying to make up to me.”

 

“I’m hungry,” Jungkook complained as he tried to change the subject. He could feel his stomach rumbling. “Let’s go eat.”

 

Jimin nodded. He figured that was Jungkook’s way of apologising to him. The two boys found a Korean eatery which was not too far from Jungkook’s school. As usual Jimin would scoop food for Jungkook and he would gaze at Jungkook with a smile as the younger boy ate his food. He seemed to have a healthier appetite than the previous dinner they had.

 

“Hyung, aren’t you eating?” Jungkook paused when he noticed Jimin wasn’t touching his food. “Is the food not to your liking? The food is pretty good though.”

 

“It is,” Jimin said as he took a piece of meat and put it in his mouth.

 

“So how did you spend the two hours?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Just went to a bookstore to browse and read. Then I went to look at some clothes.”

 

“What were you reading?”

 

“The Little Prince. I’ve read it before. But I don’t ever get tired of that story,” Jimin smiled. “Have you read that story?”

 

“Maybe once or twice. Mm…” Jungkook straightened himself up and stared at Jimin. Jungkook noted that Jimin was shorter than him.

 

“Hyung, you will make the perfect Little Prince,” Jungkook remarked.

 

“And why is that so…?” Jimin was perplexed.

 

“Because you are little. You’re shorter than me,” Jungkook chuckled and used his hand to emphasise the height difference between himself and Jimin and patted Jimin’s head.

 

Jimin has practically gotten used to Jungkook’s teasing. He continued to smile radiantly, his eyes arching into crescents. It was not a forced smile but one which was sincere and which he was genuinely enjoying himself.

 

“Actually hyung, it’s not because you’re little. It is because you’re cute and have this innocence in you. And because of your smile. It’s really beautiful.”

 

“Am I hearing things? Jungkookie is complimenting me? Wow, today must be my lucky day. First, you call me hyung. And how you’re saying that I’m cute and my smile is beautiful,” Jimin gushed. His beaming smile appeared more radiant. His face was glowing with happiness.

 

Jimin may not be gorgeous but he certainly is really cute and adorable. Jimin’s smile, Jimin’s energy, Jimin’s bubbliness, Jimin’s happiness. That is where his attractiveness lies, Jungkook thought to himself. The person of Jimin is starting to endure to Jungkook, and Jungkook could not help but find Jimin cute. But Jungkook will never admit that. Seeing Jimin all smiles and bubbly made Jungkook want to squish and hug Jimin. Jungkook was mesmerised by Jimin’s radiant smile. But of course Jungkook would not express his feelings or thoughts, and he did not want to start thinking how cute Jimin is. So Jungkook could only react in his own prickly way he was accustomed to. He picked up a piece of meat with his chopsticks and shoved it into Jimin’s mouth, “You’re noisy. Shut up and eat. The food is getting cold.”

 

Jimin chewed on the piece of meat and thanked Jungkook after. "This piece of meat is extremely delicious."

 

Jungkook knew what Jimin was getting at. It was because Jungkook had fed him. There was a blush on Jungkook's face.

 

“Jungkookie, have you finished the food which I ordered on Saturday?”

 

Jungkook nodded. “It was too much food. It lasted for three meals.”

 

“That’s good. I wouldn’t want you to eat ramen. You’re still growing.”

 

“And our height difference would increase,” Jungkook teased.

 

Jimin laughed.

 

The two boys finished their dinner with Jungkook picking up the tab since Jimin paid for the takeout.

 

“I feel like having froyo,” Jimin said as he passed by a shop.

 

“Aren’t you full from dinner?”

 

“I feel like having something cool for dessert. We could share,” Jimin said as he dragged Jungkook into the shop.

 

Before Jungkook could say anything, Jimin had already grabbed a cup and was heading towards the machine to dispense froyo. It was one of those self-serve froyo places where people could dispense as much froyo as they want and have all the toppings they like. Of course it is charged by weight. Jungkook was captivated by the amount of toppings such as sauces, fruits, nuts, and sweets.

 

“Jungkookie, what flavour do you want?”

 

There were six flavours to choose from. “Could I get a bit of everything? But you could get more green tea since you like the flavour,” Jungkook responded.

 

“You remember that I like green tea,” Jimin was surprised.

 

The two boys had fun dispensing their own froyo. Jimin would dispense the froyo while Jungkook would tell him when to stop. When it came to one of the flavours, Jimin decided to let Jungkook dispense the froyo with Jimin's hands on top of Jungkook's hand. This touch sent a quick and tingling sensation down Jungkook. Then they proceeded to the toppings station where Jungkook will point out the toppings he wanted and Jimin would scoop the toppings. Jungkook would tell Jimin if that was enough or stop Jimin from overloading the cup with a particular topping. They had so much fun mixing and matching the toppings. The finished product was a myriad of colours mainly from the different fruits and nut toppings along with the caramel sauce. They took a photo together with Jimin holding up the finished product, and sat in one corner of the stop enjoying their creation.

 

It was about nine in the evening. It was time for Jungkook to return home as he had school the next day. As usual they took a cab back to Jungkook’s home.

 

“It was a good evening, wasn’t it?” Jimin asked as they stood outside Jungkook’s house.

 

Jungkook hummed in response.

 

“We should do this again? This time, I’ll text you beforehand. I wanted to surprise you today because I thought some spontaneity would be fun,” Jimin said.

 

“I know hyung. I’m not angry with you,” Jungkook smiled. “I had fun too. And yeah, we should do it again.”

 

“Next time, I’ll show you one of my favourite activities in Seoul,” Jimin said.

 

“That’s a deal,” Jungkook replied. “Alright, I’m going in. Goodnight Jimin hyung. Have a safe ride home.”

 

“Goodnight Jungkookie,” Jimin suddenly pulled Jungkook in for a quick hug and ruffled Jungkook’s hair before letting Jungkook go. “Have a good rest. And have a good day in school tomorrow. See you on Saturday.”

 

“See you on Saturday.”

 

Satisfied that Jungkook had entered into his house, Jimin turned and headed home. He was really glad that he made baby steps in his relationship with Jungkook. Maybe the day Jungkook would fall for him would not be too far off. 

 

But was this what he really wanted? 

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It's a JiKook fluff overload to make it up for your patience in waiting for the update. What do you think of the interaction between JiKook here? Did you guys like it? Don't you think Jimin is really sweet? 

Oh yeah, did you guys catch the the reference to The Little Prince? Do you guys know the story? Anyone can guess why I reference it? 

Sometimes I wonder if Jimin really loves Jungkook in real life? What do you guys think? Even if it is not fan service, I think he has a big crush on Jungkook, but not that ual kind of way. I think he really likes Jungkook...like brotherly affections. Do you think Jungkook likes Jimin in return? 

Please continue to flood me with comments. I really do enjoy the comments. And if you have yet to subscribe to this story, would really appreciate that you subscribe to this story. 

 

My other fan fics

Heaven's Boys 

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)