Movie outing

That year, the Sun Shines

“So what do you guys want to do? Do you have any plans for the afternoon?” Hoseok asked. The four boys were taking a leisurely stroll after leaving the orphanage. “I have none and I don’t want to go home too early on a Saturday.

 

“Jiminie and I have nothing on,” Taehyung said.

 

“I want to go home,” Jungkook said flatly. “I have homework to do.”

 

“You have Sunday to do your homework,” Hoseok reminded.

 

“I know Sunday is your family time, but since your parents aren’t around, there is no family time and I know you won’t be going out. You have the entire day to finish your homework. Today is friendship time. Let’s spend some time together today!” Hoseok said enthusiastically.

 

“I’m game,” Jimin said.

 

“Me too,” Taehyung chimed in.

 

The three boys turned their gaze to Jungkook who was feeling a little uncomfortable with their hopeful gaze.

 

“We won’t stay out too late Jungkookie. We’ll make sure you get home before midnight,” Jimin teased.

 

“I’m no Cinderella, okay?” Jungkook protested sassily.

 

Jimin chuckled.

 

“Fine, let’s go out. I can do my homework tomorrow. We can even go to a club,” Jungkook responded. There was still sass in his tone.

 

“But you’re underage,” Jimin pointed out. “You can’t drink alcohol. And you still look like a baby.”

 

“I don’t care. It’s not like my parents are around to care. I just want to have fun,” Jungkook scoffed. “And I can drink alcohol. And you look more of a baby than me. I am taller and I think I look more mature than you if I am all styled up, baby face.”

 

And to drive home the fact that he was taller than Jimin, Jungkook Jimin’s head. “Aigoo. Jimin. You’re so cute.”

 

“Aish! You brat!” Jimin exclaimed in frustration.

 

Jungkook sauntered off leaving a frustrated Jimin behind. Hoseok and Taehyung glanced at each other with a grin on their faces.

 

“It’s only two. The clubs don’t open until ten. We have lots of time in between. Let’s go chill somewhere and catch a movie,” Hoseok suggested as he eyed Taehyung.

 

“Sounds like a plan,” Taehyung gave his thumbs up. “Come on, let’s go.”

 

………

 

They made their way to the cinemas and decided on the latest action blockbuster film. The earliest time was around four in the afternoon. Taehyung winked at Hoseok.

 

“We’ll get the tickets first and chill out somewhere. The weather is so hot. I could use a cool drink.”

 

“Hoseok-hyung and I will get the tickets,” Taehyung said as he dragged Hoseok off to the ticket counter.

 

“Seems Taetae and Hoseok-hyung are getting along quite well,” Jimin remarked.

 

The two returned not long after. Taehyung said he would be keeping the tickets for them. Hoseok quickly ushered the three boys to the nearest café he spotted and they were soon seated in the comforts of the café, sipping on iced drinks and cooling themselves from the searing heat.

 

“Jimin-ssi, I didn’t know you were such a good dancer. And you’re a great teacher too,” Hoseok gushed. “How long have you been dancing?”

 

“Since I was 11,” Jimin replied. 

 

“That’s a long time. V-ssi, what about you? Can you dance?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Nah, couldn’t be bothered to learn. But Jiminie here always forces me to dance. So he teaches me some moves here and there,” Taehyung replied.

 

“Hoseok-hyung, you should get Taetae to play the saxophone. He’s good at it,” Jimin suggested.

 

“Wow! Really?” Hoseok exclaimed all wide-eyed.

 

Meanwhile, Jungkook was stirring his beverage with his straw. He was feeling a little left out of the conversation.

 

“Hoseok-hyung, don’t listen to Jiminie. He’s talking rubbish.”

 

“You learnt how to play,” Jimin said.  

 

“I have not touched the instrument for a while. I think my skills have gotten rusty.”

 

“It’s not like you have forgotten…”

 

“V-ssi, will you be willing to play the saxophone on your next visit?” Hoseok implored with hopeful eyes.

 

“I suppose I just have to practise hard. Don’t want to disappoint the kids,” Taehyung chuckled.

 

“Yay! I thank you on behalf of the kids,” Hoseok grinned and gave Taehyung a high-five which the latter reciprocated.

 

“Jimin-ssi, would you be interested in joining my dance crew?

 

“You have a dance crew apart from a band?” Jimin exclaimed.

 

Hoseok scratched his head. “Uh huh. Sort of. I’m not too active with them but we keep in contact.”

 

“That’s so cool. Is there anything related to entertainment that you do not do?” Jimin asked.

 

“Singing, acting, modelling,” Hoseok laughed.

 

Jimin and Taehyung broke out into laugher. Only Jungkook remained silent.

 

“Well, I would love to meet your dance crew,” Jimin said with excitement in his voice.

 

“Would you also be interested in teaching dance to kids?”  Hoseok asked. “You seem to be patient with them and you get along with them.”

 

“What Hobi-hyung means is that you’re pretty much of a kid yourself,” Jungkook interjected.

 

“Hey Kookie, that’s not what I mean,” Hoseok protested. “Jimin-ssi is by nature, an endearing person. That’s why the kids like him. I like him. He’s lovable. Isn’t he endearing to you?”

 

“I’m not a choding,” Jungkook scoffed.

 

“So you’re implying I’m a choding?” Hoseok teased.

 

“It’s more like birds of the same feather flock together,” Jungkook retorted. “Both of you act like kids.”

 

Hoseok sighed. “Sometimes I just don’t know what to do with that mouth and that attitude of yours.”

 

“Then don’t do anything about it,” Jungkook snapped and took a sip of his beverage.

 

“Aish…this kid,” Hoseok cursed.

 

Turning back to Jimin, Hoseok continued, “Don’t mind, Kookie. So Jimin-ssi, would you be interested in teaching? I can’t promise anything yet, but I can get my friends to keep a lookout for you. Or if any position opens up at any of my friend’s schools, I could recommend you a position.”

 

Jimin glanced at Taehyung looking for a signal from his friend that this would be okay. Jungkook caught Jimin doing so and he was a little miffed. Why is he looking at V-hyung for approval if they are only friends? It’s not like V-hyung is Jimin’s boyfriend.

 

Taehyung just nodded.

 

“I would love to,” Jimin flashed a bright smile. “Thank you Hoseok-hyung.”

 

“Well, it’s almost time for the movie. Let’s finish our drinks and head back to the cinema,” Taehyung said.

 

Jungkook was trudging behind the older boys who seem to be happily engaged in a conversation. Once again, he felt left out. Well, at least he would get to enjoy the movie with nobody distracting and talking to him during the movie, right? He liked that, didn’t he?

 

“Jiminie, Kookie, here’s your tickets. You two go on in first. I need to use the bathroom,” Taehyung said as he handed a pair of tickets over to Jimin.

 

“What about Hobi-hyung?” Jungkook asked. “Aren’t you coming in with us?”

 

“I’m going to get a drink and some snacks,” he said. “You two go on in first.”

 

“Come on Jungkookie, let’s go in. You don’t want to miss the trailers, right?” Jimin waved the tickets and motioned Jungkook to follow him.

 

……

 

It has been a good 15 to 20 minutes since the two boys entered the cinema hall. Jungkook was completely engrossed with the movie trailers that he did not notice Hoseok’s and Taehyung’s absence. Jimin however was puzzled.

 

“Jungkookie…Taetae and Hoseok hyung have yet to come in. I’m going out to check on them,” Jimin whispered.

 

He rose and was about to leave when Jungkook grabbed Jimin’s wrist. “The movie is about to start. Don’t worry about them. Maybe the queue for snacks was long, or V-hyung is taking his time with number two.”

 

“But it’s been a while.”

 

“Just sit, Jimin. You’re going to distract the others from the movie.”

 

Jimin reluctantly sat down.

 

“This is strange,” Jimin murmured. And in the next few moments, a couple made their way into the hall and took the two seats next to Jimin.

 

“Excuse me,” Jimin said politely. “I think you’ve made a mistake. But my friends are supposed to be on these seats you’re occupying.”

 

“But they aren’t here, are they?”

 

“No they aren’t…but…” Jimin stuttered.

 

The male showed his tickets to Jimin. “The hall, time, date, and seats are stated here. They’re correct.”

 

The exchange didn’t go unnoticed by Jungkook.

 

“Jimin what’s wrong?” he whispered.

 

“This couple seems to have taken Taetae and Hoseok’s seats.”

 

Jungkook hummed. “I’ll text Hobi-hyung and find out what’s going on. Why don’t you text V-hyung too?”

 

Jimin nodded and did so. It is only a few moments later that Jungkook’s handphone vibrated. Presumably, it is a message from Hoseok. Jimin noticed a frown on Jungkook’s face.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

“Well, V-hyung and Hobi-hyung decided to watch another film instead,” Jungkook shrugged.

 

“Oh.” Jimin paused. “So do you still want to watch the movie?”

 

Jimin was thinking that Jungkook would not want to watch the movie now that Taehyung and Hoseok aren’t around, but he was secretly hoping that Jungkook would still be agreeable to watching the movie. He rose from his seat just as the opening credits began to roll.

 

“Just sit and enjoy the movie,” Jungkook whispered. “Don’t block the others.”

 

Jimin complied. But the next moment he whispered, “Do you want popcorn, snacks or drinks?”

 

Just as he lifted his out of his seat, Jungkook grabbed his hand and tugged at Jimin indicating for Jimin to sit.

 

“You don’t want to miss any part of the movie,” Jungkook whispered.

 

For the next two hours, the boys kept their eyes peeled to the screen. Jungkook remained silent throughout the movie. Jimin would occasionally steal glances at the younger boy who was engrossed in the movie. Jungkook’s eyes would light up at certain scenes. It was one of those superhero action blockbusters – one which teenage boys would presumably enjoy.

 

Midway through the movie, Jimin received a message from Taehyung.

 

“Enjoying the movie with Jeon Jungkook?”

 

“Ya! Kim Taehyung! What were you thinking? Did you plan this? Is Hoseok-hyung in this too?”

 

“We didn’t plan this on purpose. We just happen to have this unspoken mutual understanding to want the both of you to spend time alone together without us as the third and fourth wheels. Don’t tell me you don’t like it?”

 

“And don’t worry, Hoseok doesn’t know about us or our plans for Jeon Jungkook.”

 

“Tae, you should have warned me. It was so awkward earlier. I wanted to leave and I thought Jungkook would to.”

 

“But you didn’t and he didn’t. And both of you are still in the cinema. So enjoy the date with Jeon Jungkook. And why don’t you hold his hand.”

 

“Tae!!!!”

 

“I know you want to.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“You like him…but don’t forget our plan.”

 

‘Tae...”

 

“Okay, I’m going to work on Hoseok now. Enjoy your date with Jeon Jungkook.”

 

Jimin slipped his handphone back into his pocket. Jungkook was still engrossed in the movie. Jimin was considering Taehyung’s suggestion. He subconsciously slid his hand to grasp Jungkook’s hand. Jimin was half-expecting Jungkook to flinch and brush him off but he surprisingly did not. Jimin was contented. He likes Jungkook. He wants to spend time with Jungkook. He wants Jungkook to like him, yet he doesn’t want Jungkook to like him.

 

He held Jungkook’s hand until the end credits began. He quickly withdrew his hand from Jungkook. They stood up and Jungkook stretched himself a little before filing out of the auditorium along with the rest of the crowd as Jimin followed. 

 

“So do we wait for Hoseok-hyung?” Jimin asked when they were outside of the hall.

 

Jungkook shook his head. “He said he has plans with V-hyung.”

 

Jimin nodded. “So what do you want to do? It’s still early to go to a club.”

 

Jungkook chuckled. “You took my words seriously?”

 

Jimin blinked in confusion. “You were rather insistent.”

 

“As much as I would like to visit one, I’m not planning on clubbing tonight. It’s been a long day.”

 

“Oh! So I guess you want to return home now?” Jimin asked. There was a tinge of disappointment in his tone. Although he was in a way glad that they would not end up clubbing, he just wished that his time with Jungkook would last a little longer.

 

“I’m hungry,” Jungkook huffed as he pointed to his stomach. “Let’s have barbecue. It’s my treat.”

 

Jimin nodded and he broke into a broad smile that made his eyes arch into crescents. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I received a good increase of subscribers. Thank you all so much. 

I hope you guys enjoy this short update. Did you guys like V's and J-Hope's plan to get JiKook together? I know this chapter is pretty fluffy. The next chapter too will be a little fluffy. But I hope you guys like the JiKook interactions in this chapter. You should get another update on around Christmas. 

Meanwhile, please continue to flood the comments box and if you have yet to subscribe to this story, please do so. 

And because I've gotten into Meanie/Meanie couple (Seventeen's Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo), I've started a new fic about them - Finding Eden. Please check it out and subscribe to it. I've not updated the first chapter yet. It should be updated next week before That Year, the Sun Shines. But my focus is still pretty much on this story, just that I find the Meanie too cute and I wanted to write some angsty stuff about them. 

Meanwhile, hope everyone is having a great time preparing for Christmas. 

 

My other fan fics

Heaven's Boys 

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)