JiKook's Saturday Date

That year, the Sun Shines

As much as Jungkook hated to admit, he was anticipating for Saturday to arrive so that he could meet and hang out with Jimin. They did communicate with one another since they last parted by texting one another. It was mostly initiated by Jimin who would either text Jungkook good morning or good night or enquiring about Jungkook’s day; or he would write some encouraging messages for Jungkook. The messages were a small consolation for Jungkook not having Jimin’s company. Sometimes Jungkook could not help but wonder what Jimin is doing. Jungkook knows that Jimin isn’t attending school, so what does he do in his free time? He knows Jimin lived in an orphanage, is good friends with Taehyung, and is close to Jin hyung. But there are so many things about Jimin that he doesn’t know, which Jungkook wants to find out. He made a note to himself to ask Jimin about the matters Jungkook is curious about. Likewise Jungkook wishes that Jimin will get to discover him. He wants to open up and tell Jimin all about him – his likes/dislikes, his dreams, his fears…but at the same time Jungkook is scared Jimin will dislike him if Jimin knows all about Jungkook’s weaknesses and flaws.

 

And as the hours ticked down to their date, Jungkook felt the excitement gnawing at him, so much so that he tossed and his bed for a few hours on Friday night before finally exhausting himself at about three in the morning.

 

Jungkook stirred and rubbed his eyes with his right hand while letting out a soft groan. He was still feeling sleepy. His left hand was groping about for his handphone. His pupils widened, and he let out a gasp, following by a string of curses when he saw the time on his handphone – 11am. Jungkook is supposed to meet Jimin at one in the afternoon. The older boy had offered to come pick Jungkook but Jungkook politely declined. Jungkook sprung up from his bed and quickly washed up. He would grab a quick breakfast or rather brunch before taking a bath and then go meet Jimin.

 

He rushed downstairs and spotted his mother busying herself in the kitchen. She was preparing what seems to be lunch.

 

“Morning Jungkookie,” Mrs Jeon greeted him. She noticed her son looked pretty flustered.

 

“Morning eomma,” he mumbled without glancing at his mother as his gaze settled on the bread and spread which he quickly grabbed.

 

“Jungkookie, why do you appear flustered?” Mrs Jeon asked. “Lunch will be ready in about 45 minutes to an hour. Are you really hungry?’

 

“Eomma, why didn’t you wake me up?” he grumbled.

 

“You were sleeping so soundly…and it is the weekend…so I thought of letting you have some extra sleep.”

 

There was a scowl on Jungkook’s face as he reached for the toast and spread. He will have to make do with this.

 

“Jungkookie, we’re having lunch soon. Are you sure you want to spoil your appetite?”

 

“Eomma, but 45 minutes is too long,” he whined.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I’m going out…I’m supposed to meet a friend at one…”

 

“Oh…” Mrs Jeon was a little shocked at hearing her son was going out on a Saturday. He would normally stay at home, do his homework or play computer games. This was one of the rare occasions he wanted to go out with a friend.

 

Jungkook realised he had not asked for his mother’s permission to head out. “I’m sorry eomma. I didn’t ask if I could…”

 

Mrs Jeon smiled. “That’s okay Jungkookie. You could go out. Eomma will give you some more money so you could go enjoy yourself. But since you’re in a rush, I better hurry and finish cooking lunch.”

 

Jungkook brightened when he heard his mum was going to give him some additional spending money.

 

“Why don’t you take a shower and change? Lunch should be ready by then,” she suggested.

 

Jungkook nodded dumbly and bolted for the stairs leaving Mrs Jeon to chuckle and wonder what had gotten into her son.

 

……

 

Jungkook stared into his cupboard as he tried to decide what to wear for his date with Jimin. It was his first date with Jimin…just the two of them…he didn’t think the dinner, the weekday evening after school outing or last Saturday’s outing to be dates. He wanted to be a bit different, a bit stylish and he wanted to impress Jimin.

 

Wait, but are we even dating? It’s just two friends – an older and younger brother going out – just like he would with his own brother. Does Jimin even see this as a date?

 

Eventually, he settled on one of those mono-coloured t-shirts which he likes and a pair of comfortable ripped jeans.

 

It was about a quarter to noon when he returned downstairs. The food was already laid out on the table. There was some cash left for him which he pocketed and thanked his mother for. He was trying to wolf down his meal but his mother reminded him not to rush and end up choking.

 

He slipped on his favourite pair of Timberlands, bade farewell to his mother and headed out. As he headed to their arranged meeting place, he wondered what they would be doing today.

 

……

 

Jimin had already arrived at the meeting place before their appointed time. When the older spotted the younger, he waved excitedly at the younger, and bolted towards Jungkook.

 

“Jungkookie,” Jimin greeted the younger in a cheery and affectionate tone. Jimin’s smile was so wide that his eyes narrowed into slits.

 

“Hey Jimin,” Jungkook was back to not using formalities with the older. Jungkook was a little disappointed that Jimin had covered up his muscular arms with a plaid shirt. He would really prefer very much to ogle the bulging muscles rather than see the outlines traced out by the shirt. Jimin was wearing a tight-fitting pair of jeans which allowed Jungkook to trace the outline of Jimin’s rather perky buttocks and muscular thighs. He was wearing a snapback – it was an accessory which never leaves him. Even though Jungkook would have preferred to see Jimin expose more flesh, he thought Jimin looks stylish and attractive.

 

“Have you eaten, Jungkookie?”

 

The younger nodded.

 

“You look really cute and adorable today, Jungkookie,” Jimin gushed.

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes at Jimin’s remarks, but he was secretly happy with Jimin’s compliments. Jungkook snickered. “I’m always cute and adorable even though I’m so dressed down and casual.”

 

Jimin chuckled. “I like you because you’re so cute.”

 

“Only because I’ m cute…? That’s so superficial…is there no other reason?” Jungkook huffed.

 

“It’s only the face…your character is pretty bad…you are rude and do not respect your hyung,” Jimin laughed which earned up a swat on his back from Jungkook. “See this is what I’m talking about….lack of respect!”

 

“But you still like me nevertheless and can’t get angry with me?” Jungkook stuck his tongue out petulantly at Jimin.

 

“I just like you Jungkookie. I don’t know why. I just like you. It’s not just because you’re cute and all…but I…” Jimin began to stutter. He felt a flush creep over his cheeks. He was beginning to feel a little embarrassed.

 

“Come on, let’s go,” Jimin quickly changed the topic.

 

“Where to?”

 

“Just follow me…” Jimin beckoned.

 

……

 

“Noraebang…?” Jungkook’s eyes widened as he scanned the shop’s signboard.

 

Jimin nods.

 

Jungkook was a little disappointed inwardly. He thought that they would do something fluffy and sweet like spending time in the outdoors or something.

 

Jimin booked them into a small room and he handed a mic and the remote controller over to Jungkook asking him to pick some songs Jungkook would like to sing.

 

Jimin offered a sheepish grin. “I’m sorry it’s just the both of us when karaoke should be a group activity. But I want some quality time with you…so….”

 

“And you must be wondering why I brought you here. Well, I know you like to sing. So why not have fun letting yourself go at the Noraebang and sing to your heart’s content.”

 

Jimin paused for a while. “Don’t tell me you’ve not been to a Noraebang before?”

 

Jungkook chuckled. “Don’t be silly. Of course I have. Just not that often…I don’t really have that many friends…and the ones I have…they are mostly classmates…I don’t go out with them too often…”

 

Jungkook offered a smile. He felt really touched that Jimin brought him to the Noraebang to indulge Jungkook in his passion and interest. So that was why they were here. “Alright, I’m going to fill the playlist with a lot of songs.”

 

“Hey, save some space for me, I want to sing too,” Jimin protested with a pout.  

 

The two spent about three hours at the karaoke belting out songs. Although it was just the two of them, the mood was pretty lively as they chose upbeat and happy songs. Jimin would break into a dance or two. Jungkook was hyper and pranced around the room. Jimin was feeling happy to see Jungkook energetic, having fun and feeling so alive. They were feeling pumped up for the first hour or so until the mood mellowed down a little. They switched to mid-tempo, ballad and soulful songs for the remaining of the session. This was the first time Jungkook listened to Jimin sing. The time at the orphanage and the early ruckus didn’t count. This time Jungkook could listen to Jimin properly. Jimin was still a pretty competent singer though he might go a little off pitch at times. He could hit the night notes in the song with his falsetto. His voice managed to convey emotions of the song. Jungkook thought he would never get tired listening to Jimin sing as he gazed at Jimin. Jimin too enjoyed Jungkook’s singing. There was this husky tone in his voice which suited the mood and brought out the emotions of the soulful ballads.

 

“Your voice suit ballads,” Jimin complimented. “I really enjoy listening to you. I’ll buy your CD, pay to download your songs, and stream your songs online if you ever release an album.”

 

“That’s really a vote of confidence. Thanks Jimin. I’ll hold you to your promises,” Jungkook grinned. “You’re not too bad yourself.”

 

“Not as good as you. You’re the pro. And you probably have vocal lessons in school.”

 

“Well, you could be better than me if you take classes,” Jungkook gushed.

 

“Nah, I don’t want to steal your thunder. I don’t want to be too perfect.”

 

Jungkook pretended to cough. “Some modesty you got that.”

 

“I’m just being honest and confident,” Jimin laughed as Jungkook rolled his eyes.

 

Jungkook hummed as they walked abreast to one another. “What do you want to do next?”

 

“Shall we get some ice cream? The weather is hot and I could use some cooling down,” Jimin suggested.

 

Jungkook nodded but he felt a hot flush on his cheeks as the thought of having ice cream brought back memories of his first meeting with Jimin – how Jimin offered ice cream and how their lips brushed against each other.

 

They found an ice cream parlour and ordered their sweet treats. Jungkook opted for his ice cream in a cone while Jimin had his in a cup. Jungkook was taking his time his ice cream.

 

“Jungkookie, your ice cream is going to melt if you don’t worry. Aish, you should have had it in a cup. It would be less messy. If you’re not going to hurry, I’m going to eat yours too.”

 

But Jungkook pretended he didn’t hear Jimin’s threat, and the threat unfortunately did not materialise for Jungkook who was hoping Jimin would take a at Jungkook’s ice cream and will somehow cause their lips to connect. He really wanted to revisit the fleeting but exhilarating and spine-tingling feeling of having Jimin’s lips on him, but Jimin wasn’t taking the bait. That’s strange, Jungkook thought. He had done it before. So why isn’t he doing it again.

 

The liquid trickled down onto his fingers and it made his fingers sticky. Jungkook quickened his eating and finished his ice cream soon enough. Jimin left his nearly finished ice cream and hurried to the counter to get some serviettes. When Jungkook was done, Jimin gently wiped the stains off Jungkook’s fingers, though Jungkook secretly wished that Jimin would the ice cream stains off his fingers. He could feel a growing under his pants as such thoughts raced through his mind.

 

Jungkook began to tense up and wondered what was going on with him. Why are his hormones acting up right now? Why is Jimin affecting him so much?

 

“Told you it will get messy,” Jimin mumbled. “Does it feel sticky? Maybe you should go wash your hands.”

 

“I’m alright. Do you want to finish your ice cream?’

 

Jimin glanced at the little bit of gloop left in the cup and shook his head. “Shall we go for a walk?”

 

Jungkook nodded.

 

They just strolled about aimlessly in the shopping district enjoying each other’s company when they chanced upon a crowd of mostly teenage girls gathered in one area. It turned out to be a performance and fansign event by a male idol group. The crowd was all excited and cheering loudly for their idols on stage.

 

Jungkook and Jimin stopped to watch the performance. Jimin could tell that Jungkook had a look of envy in Jungkook’s gaze as he followed the movements of the performers.

 

When the music stopped, the boys began to talk about their latest album. Jungkook ignored the talk. He whispered into Jimin and pointed out one of the members as a senior from school and identified him as one of the rappers.

 

“There are many students. He’s one of the lucky ones to debut. Some of the idols attend my school after debut in order to improve their talents,” Jungkook remarked.

 

“This group seems cool,” Jimin said.

 

“They’ve been around for just over a year. They have yet to hit it big time as some of the other groups, but they have a substantial number of fans. I’m sure what they need is a hit song which the public likes, and they’ll be famous,” Jungkook commented.

 

The group performed another song and dance routine and then it was time for the fansign to begin. “Come on, let’s get away,” Jungkook said as he held Jimin’s hand and hurried both of them away.

 

“So what do you want to do next?” Jungkook asked when they finally stopped a good number of metres away from the event.

 

“I did say I want to share  my favourite activity with you. It’ll be fun. Are you game enough?”

 

Jungkook nodded.

 

……

 

Jungkook found himself seated next to Jimin at the last row of seats on a public bus. “So where are we going?”

 

“Nowhere,” Jimin quipped.

 

“Then why are we on the bus?” Jungkook asked. He felt really silly and cheated for believing in Jimin and following him.

 

“I like bus rides. I can explore the city randomly. The fun part is the randomness of the journey. You get off when you want. You get on any bus you want. You just let your impulse take you to wherever you go. I try to take the non-busy and non-crowded routes, sit at the last row, stare out of the window and explore the city while at the same time, think,” Jimin explained.

 

Jungkook hummed. He wasn’t quite sure what Jimin meant.

 

“It is about spontaneity, making random decisions, going random places, experiencing places, not knowing where your next destination will be…and I feel empowered to make my own choice instead of having to stick to a plan or schedule of some sorts. I feel like I’m in charge of my life. I feel like I’m truly alive and living life. I’m free…from the shackles of forcing myself to do something so that my life is fulfilling and useful. I could spend three to four hours on bus rides. But needless to say, there comes to a point when the ride must end…but during the time I’m on the bus…I do nothing…I relax…I imagine…I think over stuff…I tend to go on bus rides when I’m troubled…”

 

Jungkook hummed in response.

 

“Maybe it is because I’m not from Seoul that I find bus rides interesting…venturing about this big city…I guess when you’ve been living here all your life…it doesn’t seem special at all,” Jimin remarked.

 

“Actually I don’t really take the bus. I do take the metro, but not that often too. My parents drive me whenever they can or they’ll give me money to take a cab,” Jungkook shrugged.

 

“I’m sorry if this is boring you though,” Jimin apologised.

 

Jungkook chuckled. “Well, I’ve learnt something new today. Bus rides can be a hobby. It’s a good way to sort one’s thoughts and troubles. But Jimin, you always look so cheerful, do you even have troubles?”

 

“Of course I do. And you’re of them,” Jimin teased.

 

Jungkook frowned. “What do you mean?”

 

“Your refusal to call me hyung is troubling me,” Jimin continued with his teasing. Well, it was true that he was troubled with regards to Jungkook – the reason behind his trouble was a lie.

 

“You’re still hung up on that? Gosh, you’re so petty hyung,” Jungkook placed a stronger emphasis on the word hyung.

 

“But seriously hyung, what are your troubles? You seem so carefree and happy…I can’t imagine you being unhappy.”

 

“I’m human after all,” Jimin said. He realised how ironic it sounded after he had said it.  Jimin decided to change the subject. “I’ve just discovered another perk about bus rides today.”

 

Jimin reached out to hold Jungkook’s hand. Jungkook’s breath hitched for a moment. That strange tingling feeling that rocketed through his spine. But surprisingly, Jungkook did not flinch nor pull his hand away.

 

No one would see them as they were in the last row. Using his free hand, Jimin took his handphone out from his band and connected the earpiece to the phone “Do you want to listen to some music?” Jimin asked. Jungkook nodded.

 

They spent about two hours joyriding around Seoul, listening to music and chatting about music. It was dinner time and they found themselves in one of the university neighbourhoods. Jimin recognised the neighbourhood from one of his previous travels.

 

“Jungkookie, do you like Italian food?”

 

“Don’t have it that often, but I suppose I’m fine with that. Why?”

 

“There’s an affordable but rather good Italian restaurant around this area if you’re fine with it.”

 

“I’m good. But are you sure you didn’t plan our bus ride so as to end up here?”

 

“I swear I didn’t,” Jimin replied. “It would require a lot of planning, effort and coincidence to make this happen.”

 

Jungkook nodded. He seemed satisfied with the answer. Jimin beckoned Jungkook to follow him.

 

The business was brisk. They had to wait for half an hour before they could get a table. Most of the diners were teenagers who are drawn to the affordable fare. The atmosphere was rather homely and the aroma from the pasta and pizza caused the two boys’ stomachs to growl.

 

“What do you want Jungkookie?” the older asked as they finally got a table and peruse the menu.”

 

“I’m not too sure. You’ve been here before, right? What’s good? Why don’t you surprise me?”

 

Jimin nodded.

 

He ordered a seafood marinara and a prawn aglio olio as well as a small serve of garden salad.

 

“Let’s save some room for dessert,” Jimin said.

 

“Who did you come here with before?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Taetae,” Jimin shrugged. “He’s my only friend here in Seoul.”

 

“What?” Jungkook was genuinely surprised. Jimin is such a nice person. How is it possible that Taehyung is his only friend?

 

“Well, we aren’t from Seoul. We spent most of our time away from the big city. We just got here less than six months ago.”

 

“Don’t you feel bored?” Jungkook asked. Although Jungkook was not the most sociable person given he hangs out with his older brother most of the time, and few of his classmates (even that wasn’t frequent), he admitted that life could get boring without much company. This is probably worse for someone who is outgoing as Jimin.

 

Jimin nodded. “That explains the bus rides. I can spend one to two hours in the gym every day. Taetae prefers to stay in with his video games or movies…or just daydream…but we still go out.”

 

“Don’t you have any plans?”

 

“I’m planning to get a job. Hopefully Hoseok hyung could use his contacts to get me a job as a dance teacher or something. I’m planning to attend college. Taetae too. Jin hyung is making the arrangements.”

 

“You guys seem pretty close to Jin hyung.”

 

“He was a volunteer…and we got pretty close. He really takes good care of us. He’s like a real hyung to us. He’s probably closer to Taetae and likes Taetae more though.  I got close to Jin hyung because of Taetae.”

 

“Jin hyung is really a nice and kind person. He seems perfect. I look up to him,” Jungkook commented.

 

Jimin eyed Jungkook quizzically.

 

“I mean as a role model…not romantic feelings…”

 

“You don’t need to clarify anything. It is understandable if you have a crush on Jin hyung,” Jimin teased.

 

“What? No!” Jungkook protested.

 

“Jin hyung is handsome. I’m sure you have a small crush on him. But behind his handsome face lies a beautiful heart. We’re living in one of his apartments at the moment. He is letting us stay for free. And he gives us money to spend,” Jimin said.

 

“Wow! He’s such an awesome person! I know he’s very caring towards me and tries to make me feel at ease. He tries to relate to me and he does a pretty good job at that.”

 

“I’m sure he does with his experience at the orphanage. Plus, he studied psychology and psychiatry I think.”

 

“I think Jin hyung is a genius…” Jungkook chimed.

 

“He is. But for a surgeon and all his smarts, he’s sure bad in one thing…” Jimin chuckled.

 

“Dancing?” Jungkook erupted into laughter.

 

“God is certainly fair,” Jimin quipped as his burst out into laughter.

 

After they got over laughing at Jin, Jungkook spoke up. “That’s enough about Jin hyung. I want to talk about you instead.”

 

“What about?”

 

“Like your dreams…your interests…your life growing up in the orphanage.”

 

Jimin hummed. Jungkook could detect some hesitancy in Jimin’s tone. There was an awkward silence which was thankfully broken when the food was served. Jungkook and Jimin forgot about the question as their growling stomachs and food aroma caught their attention.

 

“That’s a lot of seafood we got there,” Jungkook remarked.

 

Jimin also asked for two side plates. He scooped a serve of salad for Jungkook and for himself and the two boys dug in.

 

“Let’s share the pasta,” Jimin said as he scooped the aglio olio onto Jungkook’s plate. “Let’s start with this before going to the marinara. The flavour is lighter and cleaner here.”

 

There was a look of bliss when Jungkook took his first bite of the pasta. “The prawn is really plump and juicy.”

 

“They use fresh seafood. But unfortunately with the affordable prices they are charging, they can’t give us too much seafood.”

 

“But it’s fresh and plump. And the overall taste is great. So no complaints.”

 

“I’m glad you like the meal,” Jimin smiled.

 

“I do. It’s a nice change from Korean,” Jungkook said.

 

They continued having their meal which was peppered with casual conversation about their likes and dislikes about food. The two boys were satisfied with their meal.

 

“This was a great recommendation Jimin,” Jungkook said.

 

“I’m glad you like it,” there was a wide smile on Jimin’s face. “Do you want to ‘pick me up’?”

 

“What?” Jungkook stuttered and stared at Jimin. There was a tinge of red on his face. What was Jimin doing? What was he suggesting? Was he suggesting that Jungkook made the first move? Was he suggesting that they get intimate or something? “Pick...you…up…?”

 

Jimin chuckled. “Were you having naughty thoughts about me?

 

“No…!” Jungkook exclaimed.

 

“You’re so cute and adorable, Jeon Jungkookie,” Jimin cooed causing Jungkook to huff in protest. “What I meant when I asked whether you wanted ‘to pick me’ up…I was referring to whether you wanted some dessert – more specifically…tiramisu…”

 

Jungkook could only stammer an ‘oh’ in response.

 

“Wait…you can’t take coffee right?” Jimin asked.

 

Jungkook shook his head.

 

Jimin sighed. “That’s a shame. Because the tiramisu here is just divine.”

 

“You could still order tiramisu for yourself if you want it. You don’t have to worry about my dietary restrictions,” Jungkook said.

 

“But it wouldn’t be fun having tiramisu alone,” Jimin pouted. “I’ll order the berries panna cotta instead so that we could share.”

 

“Jimin…you don’t have to…” Jungkook said, but Jimin still went ahead to order the panna cotta anyway. Jungkook felt really bad that Jimin had to accommodate his (Jungkook’s) dietary requirement, but Jimin assured Jungkook that he likes panna cotta too and it is just as delicious as tiramisu.

 

Jimin was right. The panna cotta was soft and wobbly. The berries and berry sauce provided a nice acidic twang to the dish. Jimin was all smiles as he took each bite of the dessert. Jungkook later found out from Jimin that the dessert was made of ‘cooked’ cream, sugar and gelatine.

 

“I think we ate too many sweets today. I’ll have to exercise more tomorrow to burn the calories off,” Jimin joked. “I don’t want to get too fat.”

 

“But you look fine…you don’t look fat…” Jungkook said.

 

“That’s because I exercise and gym a lot. But if I start to pile on the unnecessary calories, I will get fat,” Jimin explained.

 

……

 

It was slightly half past nine when they finished their meal. They took a short stroll to aid their digestion. Jimin noticed Jungkook stifling his yawns.

 

“Jungkookie, do you want to go home?”

 

Jungkook was feeling a little conflicted. He was feeling a little tired and did not want to walk much longer, but at the same time, he did not want his evening with Jimin to end just as yet. He wanted to spend a bit more time with the older.

 

“Come on, let’s get you home. Let’s go hail a cab,” Jimin suggested.

 

“Wait!” Jungkook interjected. “Let’s ride the bus instead. It’s your favourite activity…”

 

“Are you sure?” Jimin eyed Jungkook questioningly. “The ride might be long…”

 

“I want to ride the bus. I mean…it’s a fun activity…” Jungkook stammered. “Besides…I should get used to bus rides…I can’t be taking the cab forever…”

 

Jimin nodded and let Jungkook have his way.

 

It wasn’t too long into their ride that Jungkook began to doze off. He rested his head on Jimin’s shoulder as Jimin Jungkook’s hair tenderly with one hand while he held Jungkook’s hand with another.

 

For Jungkook, this was a perfect ending to a Saturday. He felt secured with Jimin next to him. The presence of Jimin was just comforting. And for once, Jungkook began to experience a new feeling which he had not experienced before – at least not from anyone else besides a family member. He felt he was being cared for…he felt…loved and to a certain extent, perhaps he might have started to discover the feeling of liking and loving another person. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers and subscribers. To make up for not updating in the past three weeks and a longer wait for the next update following this chapter (three to four weeks due to my jam packed schedules and school assignments), here's a long chapter for you peeps. 4.5K words of JiKook fluff. Hope you enjoyed this fluffy update. Yup, everything is still sweet at the moment with JiKook. The angst has not begun yet. Probably in a couple of chapters time. Meanwhile, what do you think of Jimin's bus-ride hobby? Which fluffy moment did you enjoy from this chapter?

 

Please continue to leave me your comments. Really appreciate them very much. And if you have yet to subscribe, do kindly click the subscribe button. 

 

Also please check out my Meanie (Seventeen Mingyu + Wonwoo) fanfiction - Finding Eden

 

If you have not read my completed stories, do check out Heaven's Boys and Kyumin: 60 days for an emotional read