Chapter 9

Straitjacketed

I kissed L.Joe. In front of everybody. They, including L.Joe, looked at me in shock. There was a good ten seconds of silence before one of the men pressed a button which allowed us to hear him while we were inside the booth. "That's a wrap. Please come out of the booth," he said. I exited the booth with L.Joe trailing behind me. We stood in front of the men waiting for a few more comments or whatever. Honestly, I just wanted to leave.

One of the men spoke up and said, "You guys are really talented. L.Joe, your raps are smooth and very appealing. Chanhee, the way you conveyed your emotions through the song was just amazing. Although, you did get a bit carried away back there. Am I right?"

I was about to reply when L.Joe spoke up. "Oh that? That was nothing, really. Chanhee and I often kiss each other to tease. We're really close like that," he said, smiling.

I couldn't believe what was happening. Why the heck was he lying? For the time being, I pushed away that question, smiled, and just went with whatever L.Joe said.

"Oh, well then, that's great. You guys are already doing fan service," the man joked. L.Joe and I pretended to laugh at this. 

"Well, the three of us are looking forward to potentially working with you two. Your song should be out by this week. You may leave now," said one of them. We thanked them, bowed, and left. 

 

"Chanhee! Chanhee!" shouted L.Joe. I ignored him and kept walking towards home. "Hey Chanhee! Wait up!" L.Joe kept screaming.

Suddenly I felt L.Joe grab my arm, and I turned around. "Hey! What the heck was that back there?" he demanded. I just stared at him and didn't answer. "Hey! I just saved you back there. The least you can do is give me an explanation!" he shouted.

"I like you a lot! Okay? Was that not clear to you when I..." I couldn't finish my sentence. I was starting to break down. I pursed my lips and looked up, trying to hold back tears. I hated myself so much at the moment. 

"Y-you can't. You can't like me," said L.Joe as his grip on my arm slackened.

"It's not really my choice, now is it?" I said.

"Look Chanhee... I like you too. A lot," said L.Joe. Hold on, what?

"Y-you like me too?" I asked. L.Joe nodded.

"But I just- I can't live knowing that we have these feelings for each other, and yet we can't be together," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because- We just can't," he said.

I walked closer to him and looked him in the eye. "Hey," I said, "If you're not ready, I can wait. We could still, you know, go out, without actually being together."

L.Joe opened his mouth to say something, and then let out a sigh before smiling at me. "I think I'd like that," he said. 

I couldn't believe it. I was, unofficially, dating L.Joe. I smiled and kissed him. This time he kissed me back.

 

"Hey where were you?" asked Sunho when I got home that day. "I was beginning to think that you'd be home late again and you'd forgotten to tell me."

"We recorded our song today," I explained. 

"Oh, well that explains it," he said. 

"I kissed L.Joe while I was singing the last line," I said. Sunho's eyes widened in surprise. "But all's well. He made a cover-up story; said we kissed to tease each other. Hopefully they bought it."

"How'd L.Joe take it?" he asked. I walked towards where he was and sat down.

"Well... we're... dating," I said with a smile. Sunho had a worried look on his face. "Why? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Chanhee that's great and all, but- you see, you've only known L.Joe for a little over a month now," Sunho explained, "I'm just worried that he's not gonna take you seriously and you're gonna end up hurting."

I hugged him and said, "Hey, don't worry so much. Besides, I've already given Ricky and Changjo permission to do that if he did." 

 

I woke up the next morning and did my usual routine of getting ready for school. When I finished doing all that was necessary, I waved goodbye at Sunho and left the house. Outside, waiting, was L.Joe.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. Not that I didn't want him to be, just that I was surprised.

"So we could go to school together. I've kind of been wanting to do this for some time now," he said, smiling at me. Darn it he was cute.

The both of us decided that Ricky and Changjo needed to know. So when they asked how the recording went at lunch that day, we told them. Along with what happened after that; the conversation we had, our kiss. They were both happy for us, and told him straight up that he'd get his kicked if he did anything to me. I don't know if he took it seriously or not. Either way, he made a promise that he never would, nor would he let anything bad happen to me, and I took his word for that.

 

L.Joe and I had been dating for almost two months now. We didn't really do much. We just hung out like friends, and occasionally kissed. Although not to the point where we would make out. Just a few pecks on the lips and cheek, that's all. That night, L.Joe and I hung out at my place and watched a movie, sang some songs (including ours, which turned out to be quite popular), and talked.

"Hey L.Joe," I said.

"Hmm?" replied L.Joe, looking at me with that signature smile of his.

"So we've been dating for almost two months now, and I was just wondering if you're ready to go beyond that," I said.

The smile disappered on his face, and was replaced by a sullen look. "I'm sorry Chanhee. I-I can't," he said.

"Well then, I'll just keep waiting-" I said.

L.Joe interrupted me by saying, "You can't keep waiting. I didn't tell you this before, but we can't be together that way. Ever," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"We just can't," said L.Joe.

"Tell me L.Joe! I think I deserve the right to know!" I shouted.

"Because... I'm Lee Byunghun," said L.Joe

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 9 is up :)  I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment and tell me what you thought, and upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Edited