Chapter 1

Straitjacketed

I am woken up by the sound of police sirens in the distance. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. 2:47 AM, it read. I groaned and covered my ears with my pillow to try and block out the noise. Before long, I fell back asleep.

 

RING! RING! RING!

I slammed my hand on my bedside table, desperately trying to find my phone to make it shut up. After a few tries, I managed to press the snooze button. I was about to go back to sleep, when suddenly I was drenched in ice cold water. I sat up so quickly my head hurt. I see my brother Sunho standing beside me with a dripping bucket in his hands.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?" I shouted.

Sunho shrugged and replied, "I had to wake you up."

"WAS THE ICE COLD WATER REALLY NECESSARY?" I was still soaking wet and still furious that he actually did that to me.

"Yes it was. Now get over it, and get ready for school. You're going to be late," he said as he left my room. He peeked into my room and said, "I'm sorry," before once again leaving.

In the five years that we've been living alone, I should have known that he would pull this kind of thing on me sooner or later. Our parents worked abroad, and only came home on several occasions like our birthdays, or christmas, and sometimes they'd make us travel abroad to them. I'm seventeen now, and I still miss them a lot, but they send us more than enough money from time to time, and they send us letters as well, plus Sunho's working so we never starved or had any trouble financially.

I shook my head, and started getting ready for school. The hot water felt nice after being drenched in cold water. After a few minutes, I got out my uniform and started putting it on; pants first, then my long-sleeved polo, my necktie, and then finally my jacket which bore the school's logo and my name, Lee Chanhee, on it.

"Chanhee-ah! You're going to be late!"

"I'm coming!" I shouted. After I made sure I looked decent enough and that my purple hair was styled right, I made my way down to breakfast. Bacon and eggs for breakfast (my favorite). Sunho was sitting in front of me, watching the morning news intently, with a cup of coffee in his hand. He had a worried look on his face. I turned my head to see what was up.

Earlier this morning, a patient of Seoul Asylum by the name of Lee Byunghun, escaped through a window of said establishment. The nurses were shocked to find the patient's straitjacket torn to shreds on the floor, and the lock on one of the windows picked. The police are still searching for the patient. If spotted, do not approach him, instead, contact the police at once. Here is a picture of the suspect.

A picture of a boy who looked somewhat my age was flashed on the screen of our TV. He had long shaggy brown hair, and had handsome features. His eyes were fixed on the camera with a deadly stare, and, is he smirking?

I heard Sunho sigh, before he said, "Hey, finish up. You're going to be late."

I quickly finished my breakfast, and got up to leave. Sunho gave me some lunch money and said, "Be careful out there. If you see that guy from the TV, call the police, okay?"

"I don't get it. He doesn't look dangerous," I said.

"Yeah, well apparently, he's killed some people before he got put into the asylum. Just- take care, okay? Now get going. I love you," he said.

He must have been really worried. He doesn't usually show or say that he loves me. "I love you too," I said, as I left our house and started walking to school.

My school wasn't that far from our house, just a few blocks away. As I neared the school, I could see the arch that bore its name: TOP Performing Arts High School. I headed off to my first class, and arrived with minutes to spare. I set down my things and breathe a sigh of relief.

"Hey, way to cut it close," said Ricky. Ricky was my best friend since who-knows-when. We've been best friends for most of my life.

"Where the heck have you been?" asked Changjo. Changjo was my other best friend. We met a few years ago when he transferred to the same school I went to.

Ricky, Changjo, and I, were the closest of friends. Sometimes we'd just barge into the other person's house, and it wouldn't even surprise us, or our families. Most of the time, we didn't have to say anything to know what the other was thinking.

"Long story. I'll explain later," I said, as the teacher came in. We all stood up and bowed, before sitting down.

"Good morning class. Before we get started with our music class today, I want to introduce to you your new classmate. Please come in and introduce yourself."

A short guy with handsome features and purple hair a tad bit darker than mine came in. He bowed and said, "Hello, my name is L.Joe. I hope we can all be good friends."

I couldn't shake the feeling off that I had seen him somewhere. I spaced out for a bit and realized that I was being called by the teacher.

"Lee Chanhee," he said.

"Yes sir?" I asked, standing up.

"Can I leave you the task of welcoming L.Joe and showing him around later on?" he asked.

"Um, sure, I guess" I said, unsure.

"Excellent. Please take a seat beside Lee Chanhee," said our teacher. L.Joe did so. He sat down beside me, and put his things down as well.

"Hey, I'm L.Joe," he said extending a hand.

I took his hand and shook it, "Chanhee," I said.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeey c: So Chapter 1 is up. It's kind of longer than what I usually write. Anyway, I hope you guys liked it. Please leave some comments, and tell me what you think. I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeee -u-