Chapter 7

Straitjacketed

When Ricky was in the hospital, we, Changjo, L.Joe, and I, made it a point to visit him often. "Often" being everyday. We'd bring him our homework and some notes that we took during class so he could study as well. After that, the four of us would just start talking until visiting hours were over. Changjo and Ricky seemed to be warming up to L.Joe and L.Joe to them. It was nice seeing them becoming closer, knowing each other a little more each day.

About a week and a half later, Ricky got discharged from the hospital. Now we were all in our usual seats in music class, chatting away while waiting for our teacher to arrive. Pretty soon our teacher arrived and we stopped talking and payed attention.

"Okay listen up! So before we go to today's lesson, I will be giving you your homework that will be due in about a month and a half from now. You will once again be working in pairs. Your partners will be the same one's you worked with on your last homework. Now for this one, you will be writing lyrics for the composition you made, and you will also have to record it. You are allowed to modify your compositions. You may also make a brand new one if you're that good at managing your time. Is that clear?" We all nodded. "Okay then. Today's lesson..."

"Guess we'll be working some more together, huh?" whispered L.Joe with a smile.

"Yeah. I can't wait," I said, returning the smile.

 

"So do you wanna start working on the homework today?" asked L.Joe as the four of us walked out of school.

"So soon guys? Really?" asked Ricky.

"Sure L.Joe. And besides there is absolutely nothing wrong with starting early, is there?" I asked.

Changjo shrugged. "Guess not," he said.

"You two could start right away. Or does someone have a tournament at the arcade again?" I teased Changjo. L.Joe, Ricky, and I laughed.

"Ha ha very funny. You think your's is going to be better than ours?" said Changjo.

"We know it's going to be better," said L.Joe.

"Wanna bet?" asked Ricky.

"You're on. The winners get to decide the punishment for the losers," I said, smirking.

 

"What should the song be about?" asked L.Joe when we got to my house that day. 

"I don't know. Maybe something about starting to fall in love?" I asked. I may or may not have meant anything else when I said that.

"I'm okay with that. Is there anyone you're writing it for?" L.Joe teased.

I felt my face heat up and I knew I was blushing like crazy. "W-what? No there isn't. It's just- I thought it would be nice," I said.

"If you say so," said L.Joe, chuckling. I could tell he didn't really believe me, but as long as he didn't know that I was writing it for him, I was in the clear. 

L.Joe and I would work together at my place most of the days. Sometimes we would write lyrics, modify the melody, or record alone. Personally, I liked the former better. That way I could see that cute expression he always made, the one where he bites his lower lip, squints his eyes, and wrinkles his forehead, when he was concentrating really hard. And how smooth and y his voice sounded when he rapped. Sometimes I'd steal a few glances (maybe more than a few) and end up staring at him. Thankfully he didn't notice. Except maybe for that one time where I was so caught up in listening to him rap that I didn't realize it was my turn to sing. L.Joe just laughed at me for that.

For our final recording, we went to this recording studio somewhere in town. L.Joe and I started recording in the booth and Sunho would monitor us. There was one point during the recording whenI sang my last line, which went something like "I think I fell in love with you," that I just looked at L.Joe and probably poured my heart out on that one line. I could have kissed him right then and there, but I restrained myself.

 

A month and a half had passed and we were all sitting anxiously as our teacher prepared the audio system. In a few seconds a song would start playing, and it could be ours.

"Get ready for your punishment," whispered Ricky.

"The only one's getting punished any time soon, are going to be you two," I replied. I was pretty confident in what we had done.

One by one the songs were played, including ours. When the last song was finished we all clapped our hands, even our teacher. "Those were all amazing songs. Although I will need to listen to these some more to determine whose song is the best. But for now, good job to everyone," said our teacher as we all clapped our hands once again.

 

I returned home a little later than usual that day, and found an obviously worried Sunho inside. 

"Where the heck have you been?" he demanded. 

"I was out with Changjo, Ricky, and L.Joe," I explained.

"At this hour? Lee Byunghun could have been roaming the streets and you could have been-" Sunho broke off. 

I walked over to him, gave him a hug, and said, "Hyung, I'm sorry if I made you worry. I just thought it'd be a little okay since there haven't really been any victims lately."

"That's probably because everyone's afraid to put so much as a toe outside their door at night. Just- don't do that again, okay? Or at least tell me you are, and that you're not going home alone," he said. I nodded. Sunho breathed a sigh of relief and smiled.

 

Before I slept, my thoughts kept shifting between L.Joe and Lee Byunghun. My mind couldn't really decide on what was more important at the moment. L.Joe's face kept popping into my head; his smile, his eyes, his voice, everything seemed perfect. Then it'd be replaced by this faceless hooded figure drawing on some chalkboard, making plans for his next attack, with a pile of dead bodies in a corner. I shook the image out of my head, feeling a little sick. There was absolutely no way I could think of L.Joe that night without gruesome images popping out randomly, so I shut my eyes, and fell asleep.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: Chapter 7 is up! I hope you liked this chapter. Please tell me what you thought of this one, and please upvote :3 I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Again, a special thank you to chunjixbyungie for helping me realize my mistake in the previous chapter ^^