Chapter 14

Straitjacketed

I kept screaming L.Joe's name over and over, and I tried to run to him, but Sunho wouldn't let me. "Let me go! Why won't you let me go to him?" I screamed.

"Chanhee that's Lee Byunghun!" he said.

"I know that but-" I screamed.

"Wait, you knew? All along?" asked Sunho, raising his voice. I should not have said that.

"Y-yes I did but Sunho you've got to understand-" I started explaining, only to be interrupted again.

"Understand what?! That you knew that L.Joe was actually Lee Byunghun, and yet you deliberately brought him in here?! That you- You deliberately got into a relationship with him?! And what, you just so happened to forget to report him to the police?!" said Sunho. 

"He makes me happy, okay?! I thought you said you'd support me with whatever it is that made me happy?!" I cried.

"That was before I found out he was actually the psychopath I warned you not to get involved with!" he argued.

"Sunho, I love him! You don't understand! He's-" I said.

"Enough! I don't want to hear another word about L.Joe, or Lee Byunghun, or whatever his name is. I also don't want you visiting him. You understand? The moment that you disobey that order, you're not gonna have anywhere to go home to. Understand?!" said Sunho.

More tears flowed down from my eyes. I ran to my room and buried my face in my pillow, and cried. 

"Chanhee?" asked Ricky, who had apparently regained consciousness, and had probably heard the whole thing.

"Please leave me alone," I said. 

"Let's just go," I heard Changjo say. I heard their footsteps getting fainter and fainter, until I heard the front door close. I continued to cry all night, and didn't realize that I had fallen asleep.

 

"Chanhee. Chanhee-ah get up you're gonna be late," said Sunho. I chose to ignore him and continue facing the wall. 

"Hey! Get up!" he said. I still ignored him. "If you don't get up right now, I'm going to dump a bucket of water on you again," he said. Go ahead. That's not gonna make me get up from here. Nothing's ever going to make me get up from here. 

When he realized that I wasn't going anywhere, Sunho left my room and closed the door behind him. I just lay there for hours, thinking about L.Joe and the memories we had together, the things that happened last night. 

Some time later, I heard my door open. "Hey," said Sunho, "I'm off to work. There's food on the table if you're hungry, okay?" Ignored. "I'm sorry," he said before he left.

I know it was harsh of me to ignore him like that, especially when all he had in his mind was keeping me safe, but I just couldn't help it. All throughout the day I contemplated on everything that has happened. Maybe Sunho was right. Maybe I was in the wrong. I was being selfish. Ready to sacrifice anything and anyone, just so I could be with L.Joe. But I thought love was supposed to be a good thing? Why was it turning me this way? Was my own happiness really more important than the safety of others? I didn't even know anymore.

I also thought about L.Joe a lot. How was he doing? Was he eating? Was he in the same room he was in last time? Was he thinking of me as well? The thoughts about L.Joe crushed my heart little by little into fine dust. With every thought, came a single tear. I thought I'd still cry a lot more today, but I must have used up all of them last night. 

 

A knock came on my door later during the day. I didn't answer, but it wasn't locked so they could just let themselves in. I heard it open and I heard someone approach me. 

"Hey," said a familiar voice. I turned around and saw L.Joe kneeling beside my bed, smiling.

"L.Joe!" I cried, as I sat up and we hugged each other. "Why are you here? How did you get in here?" I asked.

"I missed you a lot. I figured you'd be here since you weren't at school. Also, your door was unlocked," he explained.

"I'm really sorry," I said. 

"Hey, it's okay," he said, forcing a smile. "I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later," said L.Joe. L.Joe pursed his lips and said, "I can't stay long," as he stood up.

"What? Why?" I asked. 

"I just needed to see you," he explained. He walked towards the door and said, "Goodbye Chanhee."

"No, please stay," I begged him. 

"I love you," said L.Joe.

 

I suddenly woke up to someone knocking on my door. It was all a dream. It seemed so real. Tears started flowing down my face as I realized the truth. I missed L.Joe so much. 

Someone knocked on my door again, louder this time. I still chose to ignore it. I heard the doorknob turn, and the door open. I was stupid enough to hope that it was L.Joe. That my dream had come true. I was quite disappointed when I heard a different voice say my name.

"Chanhee," said Ricky. I chose to ignore him as well. 

"We brought you today's homework," said Changjo, "and your favorite drink and muffin from the coffee shop." I still didn't respond. I heard him place something on my bedside table.

"If you want to talk, we'd be willing to listen. That's what best friends are for, right?" said Ricky. 

I turned around to face them. They both smiled, and I could see tears in their eyes. "Thank you," I said, "But I just really need to be alone for a while."

"We understand," said Changjo. "Anytime you feel like talking, we'll be there for you." I smiled at both of them, and they said goodbye, closing the door behind them.

 

For almost two weeks I didn't get out of bed. I either just lay down there thinking, or answering my homework. Apparently, I still cared just a little bit about my future. Even though it won't have L.Joe in it. The only thing I ate and drank were the muffin and coffee that Ricky and Changjo brought over on a daily basis.

One afternoon, when Sunho got home, he went into my room and said, "Go take a bath, and get changed. I'm taking you to see L.Joe."

As soon as I heard that, I ran over to him and hugged him. "Thank you," I said, before running to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, we were on our way to Seoul Asylum. I was excited to see L.Joe again. When we got there, I immediately got out and rushed to the doors. Apparently I still needed a visitor's ID to get in, which Sunho got. As soon as we got in, I inquired about L.Joe (referring to him as Lee Byunghun) and found out where his room was. I made my way around the asylum until I eventually found his room.

"I'll wait here," said Sunho, as he sat down on one of the benches.

I opened the door to L.Joe's room, and saw him sitting on his bed, wearing a straitjacket. "Hey," I said, smiling.

He looked up and saw me. "If you're looking for L.Joe, he's not here anymore," he said.

I gave him a confused look and said, "What do you mean? L.Joe-"

"Is gone. He waited for you for a week, hoping you'd come by sooner. I guess you don't love him as much as he thought you did," he said.

"L.Joe I couldn't-" I said.

"It's no use. L.Joe's not here anymore; just me, Lee Byunghun," he said, smirking. I couldn't believe it. It couldn't be. I ran out of the room crying, not wanting to accept what had happened to the guy I loved.

 

L.Joe's POV

As soon as Chanhee left, I dropped my Lee Byunghun act and cried. I missed him so much, and yet I chose to push him away. I couldn't have him in my life again, not anymore. If he let me back into his, I'd find another way to escape this hell hole again and run to him. I couldn't do that. Because as much as I hated being away from him, it was even more painful to think about being with him once more, and then being separated from him a second time. I wanted to be with Chanhee forever, but that seemed like an impossible dream.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: SURPRISE! DOUBLE UPDATE! Because I might not be able to update tomorrow, I did this today :3 I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please comment down below, and please upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-