Chapter 19

Straitjacketed

"Welcome to your dormitory."

L.Joe, Changjo, Ricky, and I walked inside the place where we would live in for the entirety of our trainee (and possibly, idol) days. It was the day after we performed at our school and we were all so excited to be here.

The dormitory wasn't exactly far from the company; just a few blocks away. It looked like a simple building on the outside. On the inside, it was just as simple. There was a large area that had nothing in it, save one couch. There was a kitchen, as well as a dining area, with a table that seemed like it was meant for about six people. We were headed towards the bedrooms when two people came out of one of the rooms.

"Hi, my name's Ahn Daniel, but you can call me Niel," said one of them.

"Hi, my name's Bang Minsoo, but you can call me CAP," said the other.

The four of us introduced ourselves as well, and soon we were shown into our rooms. There were two beds in each room and I was just praying that I didn't have to stay in the same room as-

"Chanhee, you and L.Joe will be sharing this room," 

Right. Why did I even bother to hope?

 

"Good morning my name is Lee Youngmin and I will be your vocal teacher," said the guy who was in front of us. We had gotten to training immediately after we got settled in our dormitory. The first one was apparently vocal lessons.

"Chanhee, I've heard your song before. Youre voice is amazing," said our vocal teacher. 

"Thank you sir," I replied.

"Because of that, we will be practicing using your song, and you shall go first" he said.

I didn't really want to, but what choice did I have really? I started singing the cheerful song that L.Joe and I wrote, but I couldn't really put my heart out into it. All I could think about at that moment, was when I first kissed L.Joe, and it was absolutely painful. When I finished my song, our vocal teacher looked at me with some sort of disappointment.

"You're not putting your heart out into this song. Again," he said.

The music played once more, and I sang. With every word that I sang, our vocal teacher's face just kept getting more disappointed.

"Again," he said. I probably tried for the sixth time before he cut the music midway.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked.

"I was singing," I said.

"That wasn't singing. You were practically narrating. Monotone. I couldn't feel anything at all when you were singing," he said. "I don't know why they even bothered to take you in the first place. You're done. Ricky, you're up next."

I was absolutely embarrassed when he said that. I was also really depressed. Singing was supposed to be what I was good at, and I just screwed that up. 

 

We were all making our way to our dormitory after our vocal lessons. I was still pretty bummed that I screwed up big time. Ricky, Changjo, and surprisingly Niel and CAP as well, comforted me saying that that only happened because of what I was currently going through (Changjo made a quick lie by telling Niel and Changjo that my favorite pet just died), and that soon our vocal teacher would see that I was actually an amazing singer. They also said that I might have been nervous and that soon I'd get over it. Easy for them to say, they practically got praised earlier.

We arrived at the dorm in a few minutes. I stayed behind and sat on the couch, while everyone went off to their bedrooms, giving me words of comfort before leaving me alone. I just sat there with my head in my hands hating myself for thinking about L.Joe. Darn it Chanhee! Why couldn't you just forget about the guy and everything that happened between you and him?!

"Hey," said L.Joe as he sat beside me. That was when I remembered why I couldn't forget about him: He practically never left me alone. "Look, about today-"

"Can we not talk about it?" I asked.

"Well, is there anything you actually want to talk about?" he argued.

"What do you want L.Joe?" I asked coldly.

"I think we need to talk about... us," he said.

"No way," I replied.

"Well, why not?" asked L.Joe.

"Because I don't want to right now," I said. I was starting to get annoyed. When was he ever going to realize that I never wanted to talk about that.

"Chanhee, I saw what happened today. I know why you were having a hard time singing-" he said.

"How could you possibly know?" I scoffed.

"Because I've been going through the same thing you have," he said. "You're not the only one struggling with your feelings Chanhee; I am too. I guess I just don't let it show as much." He took a deep breath and continued, "I miss you Chanhee. A lot. I couldn't bear to be away from you so I tried my best to still be around you, but you pushed me away. But I wouldn't give up. I couldn't. I just kept on believing and convincing myself that one day we'll be together again; even though it doesn't seem like you want it to happen. Because I still love you Chanhee."

L.Joe stood up and started to leave. "L.Joe, wait!" I said, standing up. He turned around and I saw that there were tears in his eyes. I wanted to say that I missed him too, that I loved him, and that I did want him back into my life. But I couldn't. I couldn't find the right words to say. So we both just stood there looking at each other, before L.Joe turned around once more and headed towards our bedroom.

Tears suddenly started trailing down my face. I fell on my knees, and cried. Once again, I had just let L.Joe walk away from me.

 

I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. I looked at the clock and it read 1:23 A.M. I looked around and saw that L.Joe's bed was empty. Suddenly I heard a door close, and footsteps heading towards the kitchen. I grabbed the lamp from the bedside table and walked out my room, positioning the lamp so that I was ready to swing it at anyone who came my way. I heard the sound of water running as I made my way slowly to the kitchen. I could see a guy at the sink washing his hands. As I was getting ready to hit him in the hand with my lamp, he turned around. 

It was L.Joe.

"Chanhee... help," he said. That's when I noticed that there was blood splattered all over his clothes.

 

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 19 is up :) Sorry if it took a while. Anway, I hope you liked it. Please tell me your thoughts in the comments down below, and please upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. I sincerely apologize if my chapters are getting crappy T~T