Chapter 8

Straitjacketed

"I have listened to your songs again," said our teacher, "and have decided on which song is the best." Everyone was on edge. The entire class was silent, and everyone held their breath."But before that, I have an even more important announcement to make. Whoever the best song belongs to, that pair gets to record and officially release that song under the company the school is affiliated with. So to whoever wins, please prepare an instrumental version of your song."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Getting the chance to release a song even before I finished school was absolutely huge. At that point the whole class held their breath to the point that I thought somebody would faint any time soon. Unconsciously, I reached out for L.Joe's hand. Only then did I realize what I had done when he held mine as well. By then, I was a blushing mess.

"The pair with the best song.... is...." Darn it. Just say it already. "Chanhee and L.Joe. Congratulations!"

Wait did I hear right? L.Joe was practically jumping beside me with joy. I couldn't believe it. The whole class was looking at us as they clapped. Ricky and Changjo clapped as well, although I could see how bummed they were. I was surprised when L.Joe suddenly hugged me right then and there. Naturally I hugged him back. Those were probably the best five seconds of my life.

 

"Any good ideas as to what we could make them do?" L.Joe asked me after class that day. The four of us decided to hang out at a coffee shop nearby. L.Joe and I couldn't decide on what we would make them do. 

"I'm not really sure yet," I replied.

"I wouldn't mind any punishment," said Ricky, "because I know you two wouldn't make us do something really embarassing, because you two are such good friends. Right Changjo?"

"Yeah. We know you guys love us. Because we're really good friends," supported Changjo. 

L.Joe and I couldn't help but laugh at the two who were practically begging us to not to embarass them in public. An idea suddenly popped into my head. I whispered something into L.Joe's ear and he broke out into laughter. 

"Why are you guys laughing?" asked Ricky.

"Ch-Chanhee just came up with the best idea e-ever," said L.Joe who was laughing so much I doubt Ricky and Changjo understood what he just said. 

"Which is what exactly?" asked Changjo.

 

The next day L.Joe and I were sitting in our usual table at lunch. Changjo and Ricky had yet to show up, and L.Joe seemed to be getting impatient. I didn't really mind. Alone time with L.Joe? Don't mind if I do.

"You think they bailed on us?" asked L.Joe, who kept on glancing at the cafeteria doors every five seconds.

"They'll be here any second," I said.

A second after I said that, the cafeteria doors opened, and Ricky and Changjo walked in wearing the uniform for girls at our school. Everyone turned their heads, and laughed as soon as they saw them. Ricky and Changjo just brushed them off, got their food, and walked to our table. 

"You guys look pretty good," said L.Joe, trying to hold on his laughter.

"He's right. Some guys might just ask you out today," I said, laughing.

Both guys glared at us and said, "Shut up."

 

The four of us entered our classroom, and were surprised to find our teacher was already there. She looked up, and as soon as she saw me and L.Joe, said, "Oh, you two are excused from today's class. You two will be recording today. Please head over to the company right now."

We both waved goodbye at Changjo and Ricky and started making our way down to the company, which was just right across the street. I've never been inside it, although it's always been my dream to. When we entered, our mouths hung open. It didn't exactly look that grand or whatever, but most student's never actually got the chance to come inside until they graduate; and even then, there was no guarantee they would. And yet here we were.

"Lee Chanhee and L.Joe?" asked a woman at the desk. We both nodded. "Please proceed to Recording Room 2. It's on the fourth floor, first door on your right."

"Thank you," we said, as we bowed and made our way to the elevator.

"I still can't believe this is actually happening," I said. I was absolutely excited, and yet absolutely nervous at the same time. 

"I can't either. Have you ever tried recording? Besides when we made our song," asked L.Joe.

"No. Gosh I hope I don't screw it up," I said.

"Hey you'll do great," L.Joe told me reassuringly.

I smiled and said, "Thanks. I'm sure you will too."

The elevator bell rang, signaling us that we were at the fourth floor. We easily found the recording room. We knocked and then entered. There were three people seated on a couch in front of the recording booth. 

"You must be Chanhee and L.Joe," said one the men, "Let's get started then."

L.Joe and I recorded for the entirety of the afternoon. At first I kept messing things up; forgetting the lyrics, missing the beat, going off-tune. The recording booth just terrified me. I mean it was one thing to perform in front of my brother, but this was entirely different. Thankfully they were quite patient with me. Also, L.Joe occasionally held my hand when he noticed that I was getting nervous, which helped a lot.

L.Joe was basically flawless. He got his part right in the first one or two tries. Fortunately I stopped making so many blunders and the recording went smoothly after a while. 

During our final recording, L.Joe would constantly look at me while he was rapping, giving me butterflies because it seemed as if he were saying that stuff to me. The song was drawing to a close. I just had one more line to sing. I looked at L.Joe as I sang it, and he smiled at me. Then I kissed him.

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 8 is up :3 I hope you liked this chapter. Please leave some comments below and tell me what you thought, and also please upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeee -u-