Chapter 6

Straitjacketed

L.Joe left a few minutes after Ricky left, and Changjo and I said goodnight and goodbye. We made our way to the living room and sat on the couch. We sat there in silence, just enjoying each other's company. I lay my head on his shoulder, and he pulled me closer. Hanging out with Changjo was almost the exact opposite of when I hung out with Ricky. Ricky and I would probably talk non-stop about anything, whereas Changjo and I would just be quiet and then someone would initiate skinship. 

A knock suddenly came from the door. Changjo muttered, "I'll get it," and got up. I fiddled with my phone while he went to answer the door, looking through my contacts and realized that I didn't have L.Joe's number yet. Just as I made a mental note to myself to ask him for his number the next day, I heard Changjo scream.

I quickly got up and rushed towards the door, and there was Changjo holding an unconscious Ricky. I was about to ask him what happened, then I saw the red stain on the front of his shirt.

"RICKY! OH GOSH! SUNHO!" I screamed. Seconds later, Sunho came running and saw us with Ricky.

"WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?" he asked.

"WE DON'T KNOW! WE NEED TO GET RICKY TO THE HOSPITAL!" I screamed as tears started rolling down my face.

 

Changjo, Sunho, and I were outside the emergency room of the hospital. Sunho kept pacing around, which was what he usually did when he was worried or nervous. Changjo had his face in his hands. It was quite evident that he was crying, seeing as I could hear him sobbing and his body wouldn't stop shaking. 

"Hey," I said to Changjo, "Ricky's gonna be fine," as I hugged him tight. Changjo hugged me back and kept on crying. I wanted to cry as well, but I felt like my tear ducts had dried out from all that crying on the way to the hospital.

The  emergency room's door opened, and a doctor walked out. We all stood up, eyes looking at him expectantly. "He's going to be fine," he said. "He's lost a lot of blood, but he'll live."

I was absolutely relieved to hear that. and I knew that Changjo and Sunho were as well. I hugged Changjo really tight. He was still crying, possibly harder, while repeatedly saying, "He's gonna be okay."

"You can come in and see how he's doing. Although, I ask of you to refrain from mentioning the incident to him. It was a very traumatic experience, and I don't think he's ready to recall anything just yet," said the doctor. We all nodded in agreement and entered. Ricky was the only patient in the room so it wasn't exactly hard to find him and walk over to his bed.

Ricky smiled weakly and said, "Hey," as soon as he saw us. 

"How are you doing?" asked Changjo.

"I feel like crap at the moment, but I'll live," he replied.

"We called your parents. They should be here soon," said Sunho.

"Thank you guys. For everything. I owe you big time," said Ricky.

I held his hand and said, "Don't worry about that. Heck, don't worry about anything else, except getting better."

We heard the door open and saw Ricky's parents rushing towards our direction. "We better get going," I said to Ricky, "We'll come visit you soon." We all said goodbye to Ricky, and left for home.

 

The final bell rang and I got ready to visit Ricky. "You ready?" I asked Changjo.

"Something came up Chanhee. I can't go today. I'm really sorry," said Changjo.

"Who's gonna go with me then?" I asked.

"I don't know," he replied, "Take L.Joe with you."

"Did somebody say my name?" asked L.Joe, who was apparently still in the room.

"Go with Chanhee to visit Ricky," said Changjo.

L.Joe looked down and said, "I- uh- I'm not so sure about that."

"Pleeeeeeeaaaaase," I said, pouting. I looked at Changjo and saw him give me a what-the-heck look.

"Fine. I'll go with you," said L.Joe. "Let me just finish up."

"Great!" said Changjo. "I'll be leaving now. Bye guys!" he said as he left. I decided to just start a conversation with L.Joe as to not make things awkward. I had to keep myself calm though because being in a room with him alone was driving me crazy. That might have come out wrong.

"How'd you find out about Ricky?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, I heard you and Changjo talking about it," he said. 

"So I was wondering if I could, um, get your number? You know so I can contact you as well when things like this happen. I mean, you are Ricky's friend too so I figured-" I realized that I was practically rambling. That was embarassing.

L.Joe just gave me an amused look, chuckled, and said, "Sure. But you need to give me yours as well." We exchanged phones, and we started inputting our numbers. After that, he took a selca and set it as the contact photo. "There," he said, handing me my phone back, and I handed his back as well.

"You didn't take a selca," said L.Joe, pouting and handing me back his phone.

"I don't really do selcas," I replied.

"Okay, then we'll do one together," he said. He took his phone and switched the front cam on. "Smile!" he said before he snapped the photo. He fiddled some more with his phone, and finally said, "Done. Shall we go?"

 

"Hey," I said, as L.Joe and I entered Ricky's room.

"Hey you two. Where's Changjo?" asked Ricky.

"Something came up so he couldn't come," I explained.  

L.Joe and I took our seats on either side of Ricky's bed. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Better. Although, I'm absolutely bored out of my mind," Ricky replied.

"Which is why I brought you this," I said, as I held up a few notebooks. "Homework."

"Normally, I would not be doing this until the last minute, but I've got nothing else better to do," joked Ricky. "Thank you," he said.

"Listen Ricky," said L.Joe, "I'm really sorry I wasn't able to help you. I mean I left a few minutes after you did, and I could have stopped it from happening."

"Hey, it's not your fault. I'm just glad you guys are here right now," said Ricky reassuringly. 

I totally agreed with Ricky, but why did I get the feeling that L.Joe was trying to apologize for something else?

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So Chapter 6 huehue I hope you guys liked this one. Please leave some comments down below and tell me what you thought, and please upvote. I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Made a teeny change in this chapter. Thanks chunjixbyungie c: