Chapter 3

Straitjacketed

I was in a dark room standing barefoot on cold cement. It was so dark I couldn't even see three feet ahead of me. I shivered as a wind blew and penetrated the thin fabric of my clothes. I heard heavy footsteps from behind me, coming my way. I turned around, and the footsteps suddenly stopped.

"H-Hello?" I cried through the darkness, my voice echoing back. I'm not sure if I was stuttering because I was cold, or because I was scared. "Is anyone there?" I said. Then I heard them again: the footsteps. I couldn't tell where they were coming from, I only knew that whoever they belonged to was approaching me. I started running from whatever was out there. The footsteps suddenly became louder and faster. I ran harder than ever, and tripped. I fell flat on my face, and turned around to see a figure hovering over me with a knife raised above his head. The figure quickly brought the knife down.

 

I woke up screaming and in a cold sweat. It took me a moment to realize that it was all a dream. It all seemed so real. I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands. I looked at the clock and saw that it was still 5:45 AM. I wanted to go back to sleep, but after that nightmare, I didn't think I could anymore. So I got my earphones out of my bag, plugged it into my phone, and started listening to music.

Music always seemed to calm me down or make me feel better. This along with the fact that I loved to sing were the main reasons why I wanted to become an artist one day, and why I chose to pursue music. I closed my eyes and just listened to the music that played. If I would name one thing I loved about listening to music, it would have to be how easily I get lost in it.

I hardly noticed the time passed by. I was surprised when my 7:00 AM alarm finally rang. I quickly shut it off, along with the music I was listening to, and started getting ready for school. After I took a bath and put on the all-too-familiar pieces of clothing that was my school uniform, I headed downstairs for breakfast.

As soon as I saw the hot pancakes that were stacked neatly on top of one another, my stomach growled. Apparently quite loud, because Sunho, who was intently watching the morning news, turned his head towards my direction.

"Hey, I was just about to wake you up. Come on and eat your breakfast," he said. He looked worried. His eyebrows were practically touching, and he looked like he was going to be sick.

"Everything all right?" I asked as I bit into a pancake.

Sunho shook his head. "No. Someone filed a Missing Persons report last night. They police found the body behind a dumpster at some warehouse. They suspect it was Lee Byunghun."

I instantly lost my appetite when he told me that, and felt like throwing up. I remembered the nightmare I had and instantly got goosebumps.

"I want you to come straight home after school, you hear? And also, as much as possible don't go anywhere alone, especially not now with this psycho on the loose. Hurry up and finish your breakfast. I'll drive you to school," he said. He was obviously really shaken by the recent news. I could tell by the way his voice was kind of shaky as well. I finished eating my breakfast, even if it was hard for me to keep it down, and soon I was in the car with Sunho, driving towards school which was only a few blocks away.

When we arrived, I didn't get out of the car immediately. I still noticed how tense Sunho was; the way his knuckles turned white from gripping the wheel too hard, the beads of sweat that kept rolling down on his face, and the way his eyes kept scanning the area.

I suddenly hugged him, which took him by surprise at first, and soon he started to relax. "Hyung, relax. I'll do what you told me to do, okay? I'll also be extra careful," I assured him.

He pursed his lips, sighed and nodded. "You better get going then. You don't wanna be late. I love you Chanhee," he said.

"I love you too Sunho," I replied as I got out of the car and headed off to class.

 

The day passed by in a blur. Before I knew it, the final bell had rung and everyone packed up and went home. I was about to leave as well when I heard someone calling me.

"Chanhee! Wait up!"

It was L.Joe. He s his way through the crowd until he got to me. "Hey, you weren't going to leave without me, weren't you?" he asked.

Shoot! I totally forgot about our homework. "Uh, no. I was just planning on meeting you outside," I said, "Anyway, let's go then."

 

"How much have we done?" I asked, as I lean back on the chair and stretch my arms, after hours of sitting in front of a piano trying to think of a good melody.

"A lot, actually," replied L.Joe while he was listening to our recordings. "Although I think we could improve just a little more. If you're tired, we could call it a day," he said.

"Okay then. So, same time tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure," he said, as he picked up his stuff and started to leave.

"Wait, do you wanna wait for my brother to return? I could ask Sunho to drive you home. You do know there's an escaped psychopath on the loose, right?" I said.

"Thanks for the offer, but I really need to go. Bye," L.Joe said as he quickly left. I was going to catch up with him, but I heard the front door close, and knew that there was no changing his mind.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeey c: Chapter 3 is up! I hope you liked this chapter (although I'm not exactly 100% pleased with it), please leave some comments below to tell me what you thought! I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeee -u-