Chapter 4

Straitjacketed

L.Joe's POV

Where the heck am I? What happened? All I remember was leaving Chanhee's house, walking home, then nothing. I looked down and saw a corpse in front of me resting on a pool of blood, and a knife beside it that was just as bloody. I looked around me and saw that I was standing behind a warehouse; one that looked oddly familiar. I covered my mouth with my hands as to prevent myself from screaming. Only then did I realize two things: One, I was wearing gloves, and two, the gloves were soaked in blood.

"No no no no no," I muttered. I searched my pockets for my phone, and eventually found it. I dialed my home's phone number quickly. "Come on. Pick up. Pick up. Pick up." When someone did pick up, I said, "It happened again. Please come and get me."

 

Chanhee's POV

I still couldn't figure out why L.Joe wanted to leave so quickly; possibly quicker after I told him about Lee Byunghun. The guy was either really brave, or really stupid for pretending to be for going out alone at night. I was so caught up in my own thoughts, formulating possible reasons for L.Joe's sudden leave, that I didn't even notice that I was playing with my food. Or the fact that Sunho was staring at me.

"Hey! Chanhee!" said Sunho, as he snapped his fingers in front of my face. "You okay? You seem distracted," he said.

I shook my head and said, "I'm fine. Probably just a little tired from playing the piano, that's all."

"Speaking of which, how's your homework going?" he asked.

"It's going great, actually. L.Joe's actually a pretty decent partner," I replied.

"The guy left too quickly though, don't you think?" asked Sunho.

"Yeah, I guess," I muttered. If only Sunho had any idea how long I've been pondering on that thought now.

We continued eating our dinner in silence. The silence was so intense, it was deafening. I couldn't take it anymore, so I quickly finished up my dinner, mumbled something about homework, and went into my room. I lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling wondering: What is up with you L.Joe?

 

"So how's your homework going?" I asked Ricky and Changjo, who got paired-up with each other (lucky them), at lunch the next day.

"This one didn't show up yesterday, so I had to start it all by myself," said Ricky, as he pointed his thumb at Changjo and glared at him.

"Hey, I forgot, okay? I forget things a lot. And I already said I'm sorry," argued Changjo. Ricky just shook his head, and didn't reply.

"Hey," said L.Joe, who just seemed to magically appear beside our table, "Mind if I sit with you guys?"

I looked at Changjo and Ricky, who both shrugged and said, "Sure, go ahead."

L.Joe sat down on the seat next to mine, and as soon as he did so, the silent and tense atmosphere was back. Changjo and Ricky, once again, remained silent and looked at me as if to tell me to talk to L.Joe. Of course. I might as well just ask him about last night.

"So, you seemed to be in a hurry last night," I began, "Did you have to be somewhere else or..?"

"Oh uh," stammered L.Joe.

"What exactly did you two do last night?" asked Ricky, with a suspicious look on his face. "Did you..."

"WHAT?! NO! OF COURSE NOT!" I shouted. Only then did I realize that people were staring. "I mean, no," I said in a more quiet tone. "We started on our homework. Together," I said as I looked at Ricky and Changjo. RIcky then glared at me first, then at Changjo.

"I told you I'm sorry!" said Changjo.

"Is there something I'm missing here?" asked L.Joe. I quickly explained how Ricky had to start on their homework alone yesterday, because Changjo failed to show up. 

"Hey L.Joe," I said, "about that question earlier." I was not going to drop this until I got some answers.

"Oh, I uh, I had to go get some stuff for home. Groceries, stuff like that," he explained.

I only nodded my head, and continued finishing my lunch. I was trying so hard not to ask any more questions about it because he might get suspicious. I don't even know why I wanted to keep asking. I mean, I got an answer to my question, and he seemed so genuine about it, but why didn't I believe him?

 

"That is amazing. I bet our's is going to be the best composition in our class," said L.Joe, smiling as we listened to what we had done so far. We changed some parts of our first work, and it turned out great, but I couldn't really celebrate that much. Internally, at least. I was trying my best to make myself drop the subject of last night, while composing, and at the same time, paying attention to what L.Joe was saying as to react appropriately and not raise suspicion. 

"Hey, you seem out of it. Do you wanna call it a day?" he asked.

"What? No, I'm fine. Let's keep going," I said.

"You look pretty tired though. How about we take a break?" asked L.Joe. It was nice of him to have been concerned.

"How about," said Sunho as he entered the room, "you guys have some dinner?"

"Oh, uh, I can't," said L.Joe. "I don't wanna trouble you guys."

"It's no trouble at all," assured Sunho.

L.Joe took a deep breath. "Okay then," he said, with a smile.

 

"I'm sorry if I was a bother to you guys," L.Joe told me after dinner. "You didn't have to do that."

"Well Sunho wanted to," I explained. "He told me to, at any cost, make sure you stayed for dinner", I said, chuckling.

L.Joe chuckled and looked at the time. "It's getting kind of late. I should really get going."

"Sunho will take you," I said.

"No, I've bothered you guys enough. Thanks for the offer though," he said. He picked up his things and started to leave. I accompanied him to the front door, and found Sunho standing there, looking out the window beside it. "Oh L.Joe, let me take you home," he said, as soon as he saw us.

"Thank you, but no thank you. I've troubled you guys enough," said L.Joe.

"Nonsense. The police just found another body behind the same warehouse yesterday and I am not gonna have you walking alone at night, with a killer on the loose," said Sunho firmly.

I couldn't even believe what I just heard. Lee Byunghun, allegedly, strikes again. I could see that L.Joe was shocked as well, seeing as he turned pale at the mention of the recent news. 

L.Joe quickly regained his composure though and said, "I actually called home earlier, and asked for someone to pick me up." Just then a car horn sounded from outside. "That must be them. I gotta go. Thank you again so much. I'll see you tomorrow Chanhee," he said as he left our house.

 

L.Joe's POV

I quickly got in the shotgun seat of the car, and shut the door behind me. 

"Cutting it too close, don't you think Mr. Lee?" asked the driver. "You could have done some serious damage in there."

"Just drive," I said, as I pushed away the disturbing images of what could have happened that night.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 4 is up! Also, I've included L.Joe's POV at some points, and will probably keep doing so in the future. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment and tell me what you thought of this chapter and/or the fic in general. I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeee -u-