Chapter 13

Straitjacketed

Visiting L.Joe became part of our daily routine. After class, we'd head over to the hospital, bringing him notes and, if there were any, homework for the day. We'd visit him on weekends as well. Sometimes, I'd go alone, like today. Although I felt like Ricky and Changjo did that on purpose just so I could have some alone time with my boyfriend.

My boyfriend. Those words made everything seem surreal, and yet they actually weren't. I was in a relationship with L.Joe. Every time I thought about it, I couldn't help but smile. Who knew that love was this strong? So strong that even I could overlook the fact that L.Joe had a mental disorder. That I would choose him, even if it meant putting others in danger.

I contemplated on that thought. Is that what love was supposed to make you do? Is love supposed to make you selfish? Maybe it wasn't supposed to. Does that make my love for L.Joe wrong? Should I just have turned him in? But I also couldn't think of a life without L.Joe anymore. My head started to hurt from all that thinking, so I decided to push it away for the time being. 

I arrived at the hospital and made my way to L.Joe's room. I stood outside his room for a moment because the thoughts I had earlier earlier were still bothering me. Finally, I knocked on the door and heard a muffled voice say, "Come in." I opened the door and saw L.Joe on his bed, looking ever so perfect. "Hey," he said, his face beaming with joy.

"Hi," I replied, smiling as well. I closed the door and made my way to his bed. L.Joe sat up and scooted over, giving me some space to sit on. I sat down and said, "How are you?"

"Great! The doctor said I'd be discharged tomorrow." L.Joe replied.

"And your wound? Does it still hurt?" I asked.

He touched the lower left side of his stomach and said, "A little. But it's more tolerable now."

"Can I see it?" I asked.

"My wound or my abs?" replied L.Joe as he winked, and bit his lower lip.

I stuck my tongue out. "You wish you had abs," I teased.

"Wanna bet?" he asked, smirking, as his hands made their way to his back to untie his hospital gown. I realized he'd probably be if he did do that.

"STOP! Fine, you win! Just keep your clothes on!" I said.

L.Joe laughed and said, "And because you lost, you have to give me something."

"Fine. Name it," I said.

He leaned in close and said, "You," before he kissed my neck. Darn that felt good. I took a deep breath and wrapped my arms around his neck. Soon, L.Joe had me pinned down on his bed while he was still kissing my neck. A moan escaped my lips, which made him chuckle. He stopped attacking my neck, and went for my lips. I kissed him back. When I took a breath, he quickly snuck his tongue inside my mouth, and we both fought for dominance. Eventually, I stopped fighting and let him take over. 

My hands started exploring his body. From his hair, to his face, his neck, then to his abdomen. I accidentally touched his bullet wound, and he winced. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Don't worry about it," he said, as he continued to kiss me.

Our bodies were basically inseparable at that point. That was until a knock came on the door, and we hurriedly broke away from each other just in time, as a nurse came in to check on L.Joe. L.Joe looked at me, smiled, and winked. 

 

The next day, the four of us decided to hang out at my place, to celebrate L.Joe being discharged from the hospital. We did the usual stuff: Singing, dancing, playing video games, talking. At one point we decided to have a girl group dance battle. Naturally Changjo, being the best dancer among us, won. That didn't matter much though, because I was only looking at L.Joe, who looked absolutely adorable (and y too).

We also told a lot of jokes, and laughed so much. By the end of the night, we laughed at about practically anything so much that our stomachs began to hurt. Suddenly I heard Sunho's voice. "Chanhee!" he said.

"I'll be right back," I told them, as I left the room. I found Sunho in the living room, reading a book.

"Can you guys keep it down just a little bit?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure," I said. I was about to leave when he stopped me.

"Chanhee?" said Sunho. I looked at him questioningly. "How's your relationship with L.Joe?" he asked.

"How did you-" I asked.

"It wasn't exactly difficult to find out," he explained. "Anyway, I just wanted you to know that whatever it is that makes you happy, I'm here to support you," he said. 

I rushed over to him and gave him a big hug. "Thank you," I said.

Suddenly we heard a large noise come from my room, and we ran to find out what it was.

 

Changjo's POV

Chanhee left the room, leaving me, Ricky, and L.Joe to keep the conversation going.

"How's your wound?" asked Ricky.

"Still hurts a bit, but it's healing pretty fine," replied L.Joe.

"You think it could have killed Lee Byunghun?" I joked. Instantly, L.Joe's face went sullen, and he looked at the floor. "I'm sorry, that was stupid of me," I said. Darn it Changjo. 

L.Joe still kept his head down, not saying a word. "L.Joe? You okay?" asked Ricky.

L.Joe looked up. He had a mischievous look in his eyes, and he was smirking. Suddenly he lunged at me and wrapped his hands around my throat. I couldn't breathe. Ricky tried to push him off of me, and got kicked in the gut, causing him to knock into Chanhee's closet. I tried prying his hands off of my neck, but his grip was too strong. I was losing my breath. I was starting to see dots, when I heard Lee Byunghun scream and let go of me. 

I coughed and took several deep breaths of air, and soon my vision became clear. Lee Byunghun was on the floor, clutching the side of his stomach where his wound was, and crouching in front of him was Chanhee, shaking him, and shouting at him. I remembered Ricky, and found him unconscious near Chanhee's closet. I made my way to him, and stayed there.

 

Chanhee's POV

I opened the door, and saw L.Joe- No, Lee Byunghun, strangling Changjo. I ran over to where they were, and with all the strength I could muster, kicked his bullet wound. 

Byunghun howled in pain, clutching the side of his stomach. I crouched in front of him and shook him. "L.Joe! L.Joe!" I screamed. Byunghun only looked at me murderously. "L.Joe! L.Joe!" I kept on crying, in the hopes of bringing him back.

Byunghun's face went blank for a moment. He blinked his eyes a couple of times, and I knew that it was L.Joe who was in front of me now. "What happened?" he asked. His eyes fell on Changjo and Ricky and immediately realized what he had done. He ran over to them and apologized, tears streaming down his eyes. "I'm sor sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," he kept on repeating. 

Suddenly we heard police sirens outside. A look of fear flashed on L.Joe's face as several policemen entered my room. "There he is!" they shouted. 

L.Joe looked at them, and the guns that were pointed at him, and raised his hands in surrender. They cuffed his hands and lead him outside. I ran after him screaming his name, but Sunho stopped me from doing so. 

"L.Joe! L.Joe!" I shouted. L.Joe looked back at me apologetically with tears in his eyes, and walked away with the police.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 13 is up :) I hope you liked this chapter. Please leave a comment down below, and upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeee -u-