Chapter 20

Straitjacketed

I still could not believe what I was seeing. At first I only noticed the blood on his clothes, but then I looked at his hands and saw that the usual white skin was tinged with a slight red; more blood. It also occured to me that the clothes he was wearing at that moment, weren't the same clothes he had on when he slept. I had so many questions that I wanted to ask right then and there, but there were more important things that had to be dealt with.

"Change your clothes," I said.

"What?" asked L.Joe.

"Change your clothes so we can burn them. Now hurry!" I said in a hushed tone.

L.Joe ran to our bedroom as quietly as he could. I waited there in the kitchen. I ran my hand through my hair, and breathed heavily. If this was what I thought it was-

No, it couldn't be. Right? I slapped myself repeatedly in the hopes that I would wake up and that this was all a nightmare. I closed my eyes, hoping that when I'd open them all I would see was the low ceiling of our bedroom. 

I opened my eyes, and there in front of me, stood L.Joe with his bloody clothes in his hands. This was absolutely real.

 

L.Joe and I walked for a few blocks before finally finding a metal trash bin to burn his clothes in. We threw it in, poured some gasoline, which I found in the kitchen, on it, and then threw a match inside the bin. A fire immediately blazed and I felt the heat coming from it. I looked at L.Joe as he stared at his burning clothes, his face lit up by the orange glow of the flames.

"Let's go," I said. "Before someone notices."

L.Joe nodded and we both hurried back to the dorm.

 

It was 2:01 AM, and L.Joe and I were on the couch sitting in silence. L.Joe had his face in his hands for a while now and I could tell he was crying by the way his body shook from time to time. He looked so fragile at that moment, that I just wanted to hug him and kiss him, telling him that everything was going to be alright. Instead, I started interrogating him.

"I thought that this was over," I said.

"It's far from that," replied L.Joe, his face still buried in his hands.

"I thought you were stable-"

"They thought I was as well. But I'm not. I lied to them"

"I don't understand."

L.Joe raised his head and looked at me, his eyes red and puffy. "For months I thought that living out of each other's lives was better for us. But every day that passed that I didn't get to see your face, or hear your voice, was more painful than the last. I couldn't stand not being with you. Ironic isn't it?" he said as he laughed sarcastically. 

"I knew the only way I was getting out without having to escape was if they thought I wouldn't be a danger to anyone. And the only way I could do that, was to undergo hypnosis to try and forget Byunghun," said L.Joe. "My psychologist warned me that I might forget other things as well. I was worried that I might forget about you. About us. So I resisted the hypnosis, and later on I pretended to not know anything about Byunghun."

"And now here I am, still holding on to that feeble hope that everything will go back to the way they were," L.Joe said, scoffing. "But I guess I'm stupid for thinking that way. Because you don't really want that to happen." L.Joe stood up and walked towards the phone. Right then, I knew what he was going to do: He was going to turn himself in.

"L.Joe, don't," I said. He looked at me, surprised. "Look, I've only been pushing you away because I wanted to move on. I didn't want to think about you and feel all that pain once again. But as much as I want to, I can't. Because... I still love you and I do want things to go back to how they were. I already let you walk away twice, I'm not going to let that happen again-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence because L.Joe had suddenly pressed his lips against mine. At that moment everything around me seemed insignificant. The only thing that mattered was the person in front of me, and the kiss that I've waited so long to give him.

 

"Seems like you improved," said our vocal teacher, the next day.

"R-Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. And immensely so. Where did you get your inspiration?" he asked.

"Oh, um, I just practiced a lot yesterday and before we came here," I said, as I looked at L.Joe. L.Joe just smiled and chuckled.

"Well, whoever, or whatever it is, it's certainly helping you. Good job!" he said.

"Thank you sir," I said, as I bowed. I took my seat beside L.Joe, looked at him and just smiled.

 

It had been a long day of training. There were now dance classes, music classes, and rap classes as well. We got back to the dorm at around 1 AM and quickly bid each other goodnight, before going into our respective bedrooms. 

I crashed on my bed as soon as I saw it. I was really tired and I knew I had to get some sleep because we had to be at the company building by 6 AM for another day of training. 

"Chanhee-ah," said L.Joe. I hummed in response. "I can't sleep," he said.

"Just close your eyes and don't do anything," I mumbled. I suddenly felt someone get on my bed, and then a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. 

"Go sleep on your own bed!" I said. Although I was actually liking our current position.

"But I want to hug when I sleep," whined L.Joe, trying his best to do aegyo. Unfortunately for me, I easily fell for it.

I turned around to face him and said, "Fine. But only tonight. Tomorrow you sleep on your bed because it's crowded. Got it?" L.Joe nodded, closed his eyes, and laid his head on my chest, with a smile on his face. "I love you," I said, before I closed my own eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 20 is up :) I hope you guys liked this one. Please tell me what you thought in the comments down below, and please upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Sometime's I just randomly read chapters of this story and find flaws so I change them. Does AFF send you a notif saying that this fic got updated? If it does, because of that, I am terribly sorry T~T