Chapter 10

Straitjacketed

"I'm Lee Byunghun," said L.Joe. 

I was speechless. I didn't know how to respond at first, but I got over my shock and said, "I don't understand. What does your Korean name have to do with anything?"

"No, you don't get it. I'm THE Lee Byunghun," he said. No it couldn't be. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe. L.Joe couldn't be Lee Byunghun. He just couldn't be. But then other things things started making sense. No they didn't. L.Joe wasn't Lee Byunghun.

"L.Joe if you think this is funny-" I said.

"I'm not lying!" he interrupted, "My name is Lee Byunghun. Escaped patient of Seoul Asylum. Diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder ever since I was a kid". He paused for a second, looked at me with tears in his eyes, and whispered, "And a murderer."

Some pieces started clicking together; how I recognized his face when he first came to school, why he would always seem to be in a hurry to leave, how he was uncomfortable talking about Lee Byunghun. That's when I realized another thing. "No, you couldn't have- Ricky-" I stuttered. I couldn't finish my sentence. 

"Chanhee you've got to understand that I've got no control over it," he said. 

"You almost killed Ricky! You almost killed one of my best friends! HOW COULD YOU?" I shouted. Tears started streaming down my eyes when images of Ricky lying on the floor with blood stains on his shirt flashed into my mind. 

"Ch-Chanhee. P-please just- Let me explain," said L.Joe. Or Byunghun. I didn't really know anymore. He had tears in his eyes as well, and his voice was shaking. I wanted to hear him out, I honestly did. But my thoughts were clouded by my anger.

"No. The only people you're gonna be explaining this to are the authorities," I said.

"Chanhee, please don't," he said. He was crying really hard and was practically begging me not to. Why shouldn't I? For all I know he'd kill another person before the night ends. But then I looked at him, and I didn't see Lee Byunghun, the murderer; I saw L.Joe, the guy I fell in love with, who was there for me always, who saved my future career.

I took a deep breath and said, "Fine. Explain."

"When I was a kid, I had this pet cat. I used to play with it a lot. One day we were playing, and the next thing I knew it was lying in front of me, dead. When my parents got there, they asked me what happened. I couldn't give them an answer because I didn't know. They suspected I killed the cat, and I insisted that I didn't. Of course, that time I didn't really know the truth," L.Joe paused, and took a breath. "The next day, they brought me over to this psychologist. He was a nice guy. He asked me a lot of questions, and I answered every one of them. I remember closing my eyes, and the next thing I knew I was pinned down on the couch by my father. Apparently I had tried to strangle the doctor. That's when I was diagnosed. My other personality goes by my real name: Lee Byunghun," he said.

"We moved to the States after, because of this man the doctor recommended. He said he might be able to help. The man was apparently a hypnotist. I couldn't remember what he did to me exactly, but Lee Byunghun stopped showing up after that. We stayed there for a couple years before we moved back here. Up until a few years ago, everything was going well. Until that one night when my parents found me dragging a dead body through the backyard and realized that that wasn't the first time I had murdered someone. I don't recall ever doing that, but ever since then I've been in the asylum. A few months ago, I escaped. I knew I was endangering others by doing so, but my need to be free was stronger. It was selfish of me, I know, but I couldn't help it. I've been avoiding the police by staying at my family's other house. It was actually my cousin's but they moved out. I begged the people who worked at our house to not say anything to the police, and/or my parents, who are abroad right now."

"Lee Byunghun usually shows up when he sees the chance to kill someone. I don't know how I've been holding him back for this long when I'm with you. Usually he doesn't let anything stop him, and I also usually cannot do anything to stop him," finished L.Joe. We were both silent for some time. I kept staring at L.Joe. I still couldn't process what he just said quite well. 

"Please don't call the cops on me Chanhee," begged L.Joe. "I don't want go back. I want to stay here, with you if you'll still let me." 

Was I really going to let him stay and endanger the lives of others?

I went over to where he was, looked him in the eyes, and kissed him. Maybe I was being stupid and selfish, but I couldn't live with the fact that the person I loved would be in a straitjacket, in a asylum because of me.

 

"I need to tell you guys something," said L.Joe, as he stood up. We were sitting on the grass behind the school, just the four of us. L.Joe decided that Ricky and Changjo deserved to know the truth as well.

"What is it?" they asked.

"This is going to surprise you a lot. And you guys might get mad. But promise me you'll hear me out," said L.Joe

"We promise," said Ricky.

L.Joe took a deep breath and said, "I'm Lee Byunghun. The guy who's murdered a lot of people before."

Changjo's fist connected with L.Joe's jaw in a split second. "Dude! You promised to hear me out!" shouted L.Joe.

"Ricky promised. I didn't," said Changjo. His face was full of hatred. He was about to throw another punch at L.Joe when I stopped him.

"Changjo stop!" I said.

"Why are you on his side? Have you forgotten that he's the one who almost killed Ricky?" Changjo said. Ricky was still sitting on the grass, his hands tracing the area where he got stabbed.

"No I haven't, but you have to listen to what he has to say first" I insisted.

"Fine. I'll listen," he said as he sat back down on the grass.

L.Joe told them everything he told me and apologized to Ricky as well. The whole time Ricky looked at L.Joe blankly, and Changjo wouldn't stop glaring. When he finished speaking, Changjo got up to leave. "I said, I'd listen. I never said I would understand," he said, "Come on Ricky." Ricky got his things as well, and stood up. Before they left, Ricky spoke and said, "We're not gonna tell. We're doing this for Chanhee. If you so much as harm a single hair on his head, you can bet you'll be back in the asylum in a heartbeat."

 

"I'm sorry they reacted like that," I told L.Joe as we left the school grounds.

"Hey, it's not your fault. Besides, I didn't really expect them to take it lightly," he said.

I bade L.Joe goodbye and I started walking home. Suddenly, a group of guys appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me. I tried fighting back, but then they covered my nose with a piece of cloth, and I started losing consciousness. They shoved me inside a car, and the last thing I remembered was L.Joe running in our direction, screaming my name.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: Chapter 10 is up :) I hope you liked this chapter. Please tell me what you thought of it by commenting down below, and please upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Added something to the end of the story huehue (Edited)