Chapter 22

Straitjacketed

Changjo's POV

There were chairs arranged neatly into rows on the grass. Everyone, including me, was dressed in black. Some were crying into their handkerchiefs. Others, like me, just stared solemnly at the coffin that was Ricky's in front of us. I wanted to cry so badly, but I had used up all my tears from last night. I lost two of my best friends in one night.

The service was short, and soon, everyone was leaving. I stayed behind for a while and approached Ricky. I looked inside and saw my best friend, resting peacefully, as if he were asleep. Only this time, I knew he wasn't going to wake up.

"Hey," I said, "The others are really sorry they couldn't be here. They wanted to, but they just couldn't." I sniffled, and held back my tears. "We miss you already. How you would wake everyone up by banging on their door, or how you would try to act cute and we'd just cringe even though, truth be told, sometimes you actually are." I couldn't hold my tears back any longer. My tears fell from my face, onto the grass. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to stop this from happening," I said in between sobs. "Wherever you are, I hope you're happy. Goodbye Ricky. I love you."

I turned around and made my way to my car, where another person was waiting. I got in the driver's seat and turned to him.

"You sure you don't wanna say goodbye?" I asked.

He kept his head down and mumbled, "I don't think I can."

I pursed my lips and nodded. "Shall we get going then?"

He looked up, and nodded. "Let's go," said L.Joe.

 

L.Joe's POV

"Where is he?" I asked Sunho.

Sunho pointed to a room on his right. I started making my way towards it, but Sunho stopped me. "You can't see him yet," he said. 

"But Sunho-"

"No, you can't! Not now," 

"Why not?! I know-"

"No you don't!" said Sunho. "Look, he thinks you're dead."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Although I was taken aback by what Sunho said, I still wanted to see him. "Five seconds," I told him.

Sunho sighed and said, "Fine. But ONLY for five seconds."

I ran to the room and peeked through tiny window on the door, that was covered metal bars and glass. Inside, seated on his bed, was Chanhee in a straitjacket. His head was lowered, and he seemed to be crying. It hurt me to see him like that.

"That's enough," said Sunho, as he roughly pulled me away from the window. 

I wanted to look at Chanhee more. I wanted to go in there, and hug him, and kiss him, and tell him that I was alright. But I knew that I couldn't. Not yet. I took a seat on the bench outside Chanhee's room, and Sunho and Changjo sat down beside me.

"What did you mean Sunho? You said he thinks I'm dead," I said.

Sunho sighed and said, "What do you know about Chanhee's mental disorder?"

"He told us he has Dissociative Identity Disorder. And that his other personality was a killer," said Changjo.

Sunho shook his head and said, "Well, that's what he thinks anyway."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Chanhee, doesn't have multiple personalities," said Sunho, "The way he processes things that happen, are different from how we do. He makes his own reality, so to speak."

"I still don't get it," I said. 

"Chanhee's reality is different from ours. This time, his reality was L.Joe having a killer for a second personality," said Sunho.

"Chanhee thinks I have DID?" I asked. Sunho nodded.

"And very strongly so, seeing as he's killed people just to convince himself that it's true," said Sunho. "Chanhee has told me everything that happened up until last night. He's told me how you two met, you having DID, you killing people, and trying to kill Changjo and Ricky as well, being separated from you, breaking up, getting back together, you killing Ricky, and... you jumping off of the rooftop."

"He thinks I killed everyone?" I asked. Sunho nodded. "He also thinks I jumped to my death?" Sunho nodded once more.

"That's crazy! Chanhee pushed L.Joe off that ledge. If L.Joe hadn't grabbed on to the edge, he'd be dead by now," said Changjo.

"Well, Chanhee always did have a flair for the dramatic. He even narrated in your point of views sometimes," said Sunho.

"What about our relationship?" I asked. I was afraid of what Sunho might say, but I had to know.

"Personally, I think he genuinely loves you L.Joe," said Sunho. 

"You think so?" I asked, smiling. Sunho nodded in response.

"Dude, you can't be serious? You still love him after he killed your best friend, and almost tried to kill you?" asked Changjo. I nodded. "Unbelievable," muttured Changjo.

"That doesn't mean I approve of what he did, but I am willing to forgive him," I said. "Maybe I'm just as crazy as he is."

 

I had a bouquet of flowers in one hand, and a huge stuffed bear under the other. I walked the familiar halls of the asylum that lead to Chanhee's room. When I got there, I peeked inside. He was still on his bed, lying down, but he seemed to be awake. I took a deep breath before I knocked and opened the door.

"Hey," I said, "Surprise!"

"Aww you shouldn't have," said Chanhee, as he sat up. 

"Unfortunately, I can't leave these here," I said, motioning to the flowers. "They made an exception for the bear, and I told them to just put a flower on your plate, so that you'll always remember me."

"Thank you L.Joe," said Chanhee, smiling. 

I kissed him and said, "Happy third anniversary Chanhee!"

"Happy third anniversary to you too!" said Chanhee, smiling. His smile suddenly faded. "Why did you have to kill yourself?"

After all this time he still thinks I'm dead and that my spirit comes to visit him and leave him gifts. "Well, that's kind of complicated," I replied.

"Try me."

"I'm not dead Chanhee," I explained.

"Yes, you are. Otherwise Ricky wouldn't be here as well," he said. He stared at one empty corner of the room, and then suddenly smiled. "Hi Ricky!" he said.

I looked back and went along with it. "Well what do you know? Ricky's here," I said.

"I miss both of you," he said. 

"I miss you too Chanhee," I said, with tears falling from my eyes. 

"Thank you for never leaving me," said Chanhee.

"I would never leave you," I said. "I love you Chanhee."

"I love you too L.Joe."

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 22 A.K.A. the last chapter is up :) Thank you to everyone who subscribed, read, commented, and upvoted my story :D Thank you for putting up with my crappy writing XD I hope you guys enjoyed reading this fic :> If you want, then upvote this story or share it to the world XD Thank you for being such wonderful readers <3 If you liked this, make sure to keep an eye out for my future stories :> I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 THANK YOU OuO BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -u-

P.S. If this chapter was confusing, go ahead and leave a question on the comments down below, or you could PM me, so I can answer them :>

P.P.S. Special thanks to chunjixbyungie for helping me with this story (proofreading-wise) :>