Chapter 17

Straitjacketed

RING! RING! RING!

Stupid alarm. I tried finding the snooze button on my stupid phone. You'd think that by now I would have known where it was without looking. Before I could find it however, my alarm had stopped ringing. Thank goodness. I was going to  go back to sleep when someone pulled my blanket off of me. 

"I still don't get why you still set an alarm when you're not actually going to wake up," said Sunho. "Get up. You're going to be late," he said as he left my room and closed the door behind him.

I sighed and sat up on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around for a while. I noticed that my pillow had some wet marks on it. I grabbed my phone and saw that my eyes were puffy. And that's when I remembered what happened yesterday. Instantly, the little energy that I had when I woke up just disappeared. Everything seemed pointless at that moment.

No. I wasn't going to let myself suffer a third time. I was going to be strong. I was going to forget about this pain. I was going to move on from L.Joe.

 

Moving on from past relationships is always hard. However, given the fact that my ex was with me for most of the day, it was absolutely harder. L.Joe and I sat in our usual places during class and lunch, but we didn't talk. Changjo and Ricky didn't seem to notice anything off; if they did, they weren't showing it. Our lunch table was basically quiet. Someone would bring something up sometimes, but they either got answered with a sentence, or none at all.

It was finally time for our last class. Thankfully the day was almost over and I could get away from L.Joe and cry in my room- No. Not anymore. Be strong Chanhee. Just like during lunch, no one was saying a word. Changjo was playing games on his phone, Ricky was reading, and L.Joe had some earphones plugged into his ears. I was getting to my breaking point of not talking. Thankfully our teacher came in.

"Okay, since the school year is about to end, you have one final project. You will all be performing new, original songs in front of producers and artists from TOP Media at the end of the school year," she said. The whole room was suddenly filled with noise. I couldn't believe what I just heard. Producers and artists from the company we wanted to work in were going to listen to our songs.That was absolutely amazing and terrifying at the same time.

"Okay, settle down I'm not finished. As always you'll be doing these in pairs. And the pairs will be the same as always," she said. No freaking way. I had to pair up with L.Joe. Thanks universe. You're really helping me out here. I mean, I should be glad I got paired up with L.Joe. After all, we already recorded a song together. But things were different now. I looked at L.Joe and he looked at me with a somewhat tired expression. 

The last bell rang and everyone hurriedly started talking to their partners. I didn't want to, but I had to. "Hey," I told L.Joe.

"Hey. So are we working at your place again?" he asked.

"Actually I was thinking we'd do separate melodies on our own and then just bring it together somehow," I said. 

L.Joe's face turned into one of disappointment. "Oh, okay then. See you," he said as he left the room.

 

I tried starting the melody that night and realized how hard it was to do in just a few minutes. I groaned and slammed my head on my keyboard a couple of times. A knock came on my door, and I heard it open. I turned around and saw that it was Changjo. 

"I'm coming in," he said.

"You know usually people ask if they can come in and not say they're coming in," I said.

"I'm too badass for that," joked Changjo, which made me laugh. He grabbed a seat and placed it (and himself) beside me.

"So what brings you here?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell us you and L.Joe broke up?" he asked. I totally did not want to have this conversation yet, but I probably didn't have any choice.

I shrugged and said, "I didn't want to have to say it out loud. Because- Because I don't want to believe that it's real." Tears started pouring down my face, and I began to sob. Changjo moved closer and brought me in for a hug. 

"Hey," he said, "You don't have to deal with it alone. That's what Ricky and I are here for." 

"Thank you," I said, as I pulled away from him. He looked at me, smiled, and wiped away one of my tears with his thumb. Without thinking, I moved in and kissed him. I instantly pulled away. "I'm sorry. Oh gosh I'm so sorry Changjo-" I said.

"Hey, it's cool. I understand what you're going through right now," he said, smiling.

"I should probably go back to making a melody," I said.

"I'll be leaving then," said Changjo. Before he left, he said, "You know working together might be better for both of you. Both for the project and your relationship."

 

"Chanhee!" called L.Joe the next day while I was walking home. When he caught up to me, he said, "Hey, I thought you might want to check out what I worked on yesterday." He handed me his phone and made me listen to the melody he made. It was good, just not my style.

"It's good," I said.

"You don't like it," said L.Joe.

"It's just not my style," I admitted.

"Well maybe I could hear yours so that I can modify this," he said. 

"Right. About that-" I said.

"You haven't started, have you?" he asked. I shook my head. "Well maybe we could work tonight at your place-"

"Nope. Out of the question," I quickly said.

"Chanhee, if we don't work together, we're going to . Now I know that we just broke up-" he said.

"Don't bring that up please," I said.

"But can't we be more professional about this? Just this once," he said. I knew he was right, but I just couldn't take being with L.Joe just yet, without breaking down and possibly begging him to come back into my life. But I had to. 

"Fine," I said as we started walking towards my house.

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 17 is up :) Also, DOUBLE UPDATE! YAY! Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Please tell me what you thought in the comments below, and please upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. The ending of this chapter didn't really go the way I wanted it to, so I'm sorry for that. I currently feel sick; I have colds, and my head is starting to hurt. But anyway, I hope you liked it anyway :>