Chapter 5

Straitjacketed

A week later the four of us were sitting in our usual seats in our music class; the one with the composition homework. We had all turned in our compositions and our teacher was going to play each one in front of the whole class. Naturally, everyone freaked out when she said that, including me and L.Joe. A little while later, the first one started playing.

It was ours.

I started freaking out because the whole class was intently listening, and so was our teacher. I started cracking my knuckles, and shaking my legs. Then suddenly L.Joe put his hand on mine. I looked at him, and he gave me a reassuring look, as if he were telling me to relax because our composition was awesome and I didn't need to worry about anyone not liking it. I smiled at him thankfully, and he withdrew his hand.

I could still feel the warmth of his hand on mine, and that other warm feeling I got when he did that. May face heated up at the thought, and I knew I was blushing. I immediately tried to hide it by pretending to look for something in my bag. Why the heck was I suddenly blushing and taking note of how L.Joe's eyes seemed to disappear when he smiled and think that it was cute? 

I was suddenly torn away from my train of thought when I heard everyone clapping. I noticed that everyone was looking at L.Joe and me while doing so. "Why are they clapping?" I whispered to L.Joe.

"Apparently they liked it a lot" he said smiling, and his eyes once again disappear.

"Oh, they did?" I asked. He nodded in reply.

"Good job L.Joe and Chanhee!" said our teacher. We both stood up and bowed, and said thank you.

 

"I still cannot believe you guys didn't get the highest grade for that homework," said Changjo after class that day. We, L.Joe included, decided to hang out somewhere. We decided to just sit on the grass in front of the school. We all sat underneath this big tree and just started talking.

"We never really aimed for that, did we L.Joe?" I asked. L.Joe shook his head.

"Yours was amazing though!" argued Ricky.

"Yeah, but you've got to admit that Minsoo and Niel's was better," said L.Joe. Ricky and Changjo looked at each other, shrugged, and dropped the suject. "Besides, working with Chanhee was awesome, so I guess that makes up for it." L.Joe looked at me and smiled. I think I might have died a little inside.

Everyone was suddenly silent. So silent anyone could literally have heard a pin fall on the grass. I cleared my throat and said, "So, have you guys heard the news lately? The one about the people getting murdered?"

"Yeah, that was pretty messed up. Anyone they suspect?" asked Ricky.

"The police said they're pretty sure it's Lee Byunghun, seeing as he's done this before," Changjo said.

"How the heck did he pull it off though? I mean, five murders in a week, and the police haven't even found him? The guy must be a criminal mastermind. What do you think L.Joe?" I asked. L.Joe had been silent the whole time we talked about Lee Byunghun.

"Uh, what? Um, I don't really know anything about it or him, so I have no clue," he said. 

Everyone went back to being silent, maybe even more than last time. "Do you guys want to hang out at my place?" I said.

"Sure," said Ricky, Changjo, and L.Joe at the same time.

 

We were in my room just doing whatever. Sometimes we would play video games, goof around, but most of the time we just sang, danced, and rapped along to songs. We played dance songs most of the time, which was probably why we were so hyped, but we occasionally played some ballads, which I mostly sang myself.

"Chanhee-ah, you never mentioned to me how great you were at singing," said L.Joe.

I slightly blushed but then got over it pretty quickly I shrugged and replied, "I didn't think it was that much of a big deal. Besides, I'm not THAT good."

"Well, I think you are." He put his head on my shoulder and said, "Sing some more please," while looking up at me with that cute smile. How could I refuse? 

I sang another ballad, occasionally looking at L.Joe, who had closed his eyes and was still smiling. I couldn't help but smile myself. I looked at Ricky and Changjo, and they gave me a questioning look. I chose to just brush it off for the mean time, but I knew they'd start grilling me the first chance they got.

As I had predicted, when L.Joe excused himself to go use the bathroom, the second he was out of earshot, Ricky and Changjo bombarded me with questions.

"What's going on between you and L.Joe?" demanded Ricky.

"Do you like him?" asked Changjo.

"Are you two going out?" Ricky asked.

"Since when have you two been dating?" Changjo asked.

"Guys, hold up! First, nothing is going on between us. Second," I paused, "Maybe. I'm not sure yet. Probably. I don't really know. Third, no we aren't going out. Fourth, never." I tried to catch my breath. "Look, I might have a little crush on L.Joe," I admitted.

"Chanhee you've only known the guy for a week," said Changjo.

"He's nice and kind of cute. And what's wrong with liking someone when you've only known them for a week?" I asked defensively.

"Nothing I just meant- You know what? You're right," said Changjo, "We should let you like who you want to like."

"But if L.Joe does anything stupid to you, we step in and beat him up," said Ricky. 

I hugged both of them and said, "You guys are the best."

Right after that, L.Joe returned from the bathroom. "Did I miss anything?" he asked. We all shook our heads.

 

Ricky's POV

I waved goodbye to Chanhee, L.Joe, and Changjo as I left for home. I was originally planning on taking a cab, but apparently there weren't any. Darn it! Why'd I turn down Sunho's offer to drive me home? I started walking towards home, while softly singing a song I got hooked on recently. Then I heard footsteps.

I looked back and didn't see anyone. I started walking again, faster this time. The footsteps were back, and they seemed to be matching my pace. I started running. The footsteps just kept getting louder and louder, nearing me every second. Then they stopped. 

I turned around. Nothing. I was alone on the street. I must be losing it. When I turned around to start walking again, I came face to face with a dark figure. I saw him raise what seemed to be a knife. Before I could scream, I felt an immense pain in my gut.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: Chapter 5 is up! I hope you liked this chapter. Please tell me what you thought of it by commenting down below, and upvote this story :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-