Chapter 15

Straitjacketed

I walked out of L.Joe's room wiping my tears. "Hey," said Sunho, "Why are you crying? Is everything okay?"

I cleared my throat and said, "Uh, yeah. It's great. I'm just- I'm just glad I got to see him again. It's only been like a week and a half, but I felt like I haven't seen him since forever."

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't allow you to see him sooner," said Sunho, "I thought I was protecting you. But I realized that by doing so, I was doing more harm to you than good."

I hugged him tight. "Sunho, I admit I was absolutely mad at you, but I understand why you did that." Sunho hugged me back. "Hey, does this mean I can visit him any time now?" I asked.

"Yes it does. But no skipping classes," he said.

"Like I'd ever skip class," I replied.

Sunho chuckled and said, "So how's he doing? L.Joe, I mean."

"Oh, he- he's doing great. He said he missed me and all that. He was tired though, so we ended the conversation early," I lied. I was afraid that he wouldn't let me go back there when he found out that there was no one in that room but Lee Byunghun. Although it was foolish of me, I kept hoping that L.Joe was still there. I couldn't not hope. I just had to. I didn't want to accept that my boyfriend (we never broke up so I still consider him my boyfriend) was gone.

 

The last bell rang and I hurriedly fixed my things so I could go see L.Joe. 

"Chanhee," said Ricky. I hummed in response. "What's the hurry?"

"Oh, I'm going to go see L.Joe," I said.

"Can we come with you?" asked Changjo.

"You'd need a visitor's pass first, and I don't know how Sunho got me one," I replied, "I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's cool. Say hi to L.Joe for us. Oh and could you please tell him that everything's cool and that we're not mad at him?" said Ricky.

"I will," I said. I bade them goodbye and started walking towards the asylum.

 

L.Joe's POV

I was laying down on my bed, thinking about Chanhee, our memories together, and the fact that those memories will be the last one's I'll have with Chanhee. I basically pushed him away yesterday. I couldn't cry anymore. I've been crying non-stop (save those moments when Lee Byunghun would suddenly show up) ever since I got taken away from Chanhee. I closed my eyes and tried pushing these thoughts away

The door to my room opened. It must be the guy who feeds me. I kept my eyes closed to pretend that I was sleeping. I didn't really feel like eating.

"L.Joe," said the voice that was definitely not from one of the staff, but one that I knew very well. I opened my eyes and saw Chanhee sitting on a chair beside my bed. I had to stop myself from running to him and giving him a kiss. No, I had to make him think that Lee Byunghun was the only one in the room besides him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"I missed you," he said. I missed you too. Of course, I couldn't let him know that, so I kept staring at him emotionlessly.

"I miss being out there, killing people," I replied, smirking. I could see the disappointment in his face, although he tried to hide it behind a smile.

"So, how have you been?" he asked.

"Absolutely bored. I need to get some blood on my hands," I said.

The whole time he was there he just talked about everything that happened during the day. I had to stop myself from smiling every now and then. I just couldn't help it. He just looked absolutely adorable I wanted to just drop the act and kiss him. But I couldn't because that would make things harder for both of us. He left after an hour, and I just sat there half glad and half sad that I got to see and talk to him, though only for a little while. Darn it Chanhee! Why did you have to come here and make me want to go back to you? Why did you have to make it even harder than it already is?

For weeks, Chanhee kept coming back to the asylum to visit me. Every day that passed, I found it harder and harder to hide behind my facade and to not break out once again. It had been a month, and just like any other day, Chanhee visited me once more. I knew I had to stop him from coming back so that I could stay in here, so I decided to do that today.

"Hey," said Chanhee as he entered the door.

"Get out," I said.

"I said, get out!" I shouted.

"No. I'm staying," said Chanhee firmly as he walked towards my bed. I'm sorry Chanhee. I got up and tackled him. He and I fell to the floor. Even with a straitjacket on, I tackled him once again to keep him pinned down. It wasn't exactly easy, but I managed. "L.Joe, get off me!" he shouted.

"No! L.Joe's gone! So why do you keep coming back?!" I screamed. 

"Because I know you've been pretending to be Byunghun all this time!" said Chanhee. I stopped trying to pin him down. How did he find out? Just then some nurses came in and lifted me off of Chanhee, and pinned me down on my bed. They were starting to usher Chanhee out, but he begged to stay for five more minutes, he even said that I only fell on top of him by accident. Finally, they decided to just conform to his request. 

Once all the nurses left, I started talking, "How long have you known?"

"Weeks," Chanhee replied.

"H-how?" I asked.

"I know you L.Joe. You have that look in your eyes when we talk. I've been looking at them ever since, and noticed that they were entirely different from Byunghun's," he explained. "Why? Why did you pretend to be Byunghun?" he asked, "Didn't you- didn't you want to see me? To talk to me?" Chanhee's eyes were filled with tears, and his whole body was shaking.

"You think that I wanted to be away from you? Do you actually think I'd rather be here than be by your side everyday?" I said. There was a lump in my throat, but I kept going. "Chanhee, I didn't want to be away from you, but I knew I had to get you out of my life, and me out of yours, so that I wouldn't have any reason to go back outside anymore! I didn't want to break out, be with you, and get taken away from you again!" I shouted. 

"So you'd rather let me live knowing a lie? Let me think that the person I love is gone?" he asked.

"If that's what it had to take for you to not come back here... yes. I'm sorry Chanhee," I said. And Chanhee ran out of my room.

 

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 15 is up :) I'm sorry I wasn't able to update yesterday. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Please tell me what you think down below, and upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. You might already know this, but just in case, unless stated otherwise, the POV in the story is Chanhee's