Chapter 21

Straitjacketed

I woke up to my earlier-than-usual alarm, and was glad that the first thing I saw was the angelic face of my boyfriend. 

Boyfriend. It was nice having to refer to L.Joe as that once again after months of enduring the pain that came with our breakup. But all was well now. And nothing could possibly ruin that moment.

"WAKE UP!" yelled Ricky from the other side of our door, as he banged on it continuously.

Except that. I sighed and woke L.Joe up. "L.Joe. L.Joe-ah. Wake up," I said.  He groaned, but didn't really wake up. "Hey, wake up!"

"Ten more minutes," he mumbled.

"We don't have ten more minutes. Now get up," I said. L.Joe only pouted and shook his head. Damn was he adorable. I kissed his lips, and instantly he sprang up.

"I'm awake," he said, as he stood up and walked out of the bedroom. I sat there in shock for a few seconds, before I chuckled, shook my head, and started getting ready as well.

 

We trained everyday from 6 AM up to the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes we'd finish early like today. By 11 PM we were done for the day and soon we all headed back to the dorm. Ricky, Changjo, Niel, and CAP, were talking. L.Joe and I walked a little distance behind them, enjoying each other's company. Normally we wouldn't be showy in public, but that night was an exception.

L.Joe and I held hands, our fingers intertwined. We didn't really worry about anyone seeing us because the streets were quiet and deserted. We didn't have to worry about Niel and CAP because they got used to us being touchy with each other (they did not know about L.Joe and me). We walked slowly, and soon the other guys were far ahead of us. 

"Hey," said L.Joe, "Wanna go somewhere else?"

"Where exactly are you planning to go?" I asked. L.Joe shrugged. "Let's go," I said. And with that L.Joe and I ran off into the dark, leaving our other friends behind.

We ended up going to our school. The grounds were dark and silent. It was perfect. We both lay down on the grass and just looked at the stars twinkling above. 

L.Joe looked at me and said, "So if I'm not mistaken, this is our first date as an official couple."

I realized he was right. But then again, going on dates was hard when one of you was, is secretly, a person with a psychopathic second personality. "Well things haven't exactly been smooth for us," I said.

L.Joe pursed his lips and said, "I'm sorry for that."

"Hey, it's not your fault," I said.

"Why'd you even fall for me in the first place?"

"Because... Because you're you. I realize that I didn't accept you for who you are after you told me about your second personality; I already accepted you for a long time. Your flaws, your limits, even Byunghun. I've come to accept that our relationship will probably never be easy, but I'm willing to go through whatever for it."

"I love you Chanhee."

"I love you too L.Joe."

We leaned our heads closer to each other, until finally our lips touched. At first the kiss was gentle, and then L.Joe quickly slipped his tongue in my mouth. We both fought for dominance, but I gave up and let L.Joe take the lead. Soon L.Joe was on top of me, still kissing me. Soon, he broke away and started kissing my neck this time. A small moan escaped my lips. 

We were going to keep it up, but my phone suddenly rang. It was Ricky.

"WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?" he asked.

"Relax. We're at the school. We'll be there in a few," I said before hanging up. I sighed. "Can we not have just one moment where we don't get interrupted?"

 

I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. I looked around and saw that L.Joe's bed was empty. Oh no. I got up quickly to try and find him.

"L.Joe!" I cried out, hoping that I wouldn't wake up the others. I checked the living room and saw that he wasn't there. I checked the kitchen next, he wasn't there either. 

I looked at the small kitchen for a long time. Something was off, but I couldn't find out what it was. I checked the drawers to see if anything was missing; everything was there. I shook my head, maybe I was just overthinking. I was leaving, and took a last glance at the kitchen. That's when I noticed it: One of the knives was missing.

Suddenly I heard someone scream. That was Changjo! "Changjo!" I screamed as I ran towards their room.

"Chanhee! Help!" shouted Changjo. Their door was ajar. I burst through it and was utterly shocked at the scene that I had encountered.

L.Joe and Changjo were fighting. In one of L.Joe's hands was the knife, dripping with blood. Changjo was holding L.Joe by the wrists and was trying to push him away from something, and at the same time trying to not get hit with a knife. Changjo managed to push L.Joe onto the wall and disarm him. The bloody knife clattered to the floor. Changjo looked fine, so whose-

"RICKY!" shouted Niel. Niel and CAP rushed inside and ran over to something that I didn't notice before. I cupped my mouth with my hands in shock.

Ricky's body was on his bed. His shirt as well as the sheets of his bed were now stained with blood. I rushed over to him and checked his pulse. Nothing. No, no, this can't be true. I put my head to his chest. I couldn't feel his heartbeat or his breathing. 

"No! Ricky!" I cried as I hugged the dead body that was in front of me. Tears flowed non-stop from my eyes. Ricky couldn't be dead. I tried so hard to convince myself that I just didn't feel his pulse, heartbeat, or breathing properly. But his body remained still. "Ricky... NO!"

A loud crash came from beside us. L.Joe had managed to push Changjo off of him, and into a closet. I watched as L.Joe's fleeting figure ran out of the room. I ran outside to follow him. 

L.Joe seemed to be heading to the dormitory's rooftop. I kept following him, running behind him. At last we had both made it to the rooftop. I looked around, trying to see where L.Joe was. Then I saw him, climbing on to the ledge.

"L.Joe!" I cried as I ran over to him

"Chanhee don't come any closer," he said.

"Don't do this!"

"Chanhee, I just killed one of my best friends! I don't- I can't live with that guilt! I can't live with the guilt of all the lives I've taken, and all the lives that I may possibly take away!"

"L.Joe... I already lost Ricky. I can't- Please... come down from there" I begged, more tears falling down my face.

"Ricky's gone because of me," said L.Joe. He looked down on the ground below, then looked at me with tears in his eyes. "I love you." 

I remember L.Joe walking off the ledge, me screaming his name, me trying to get to the ledge, and a strong pair of arms that held me back, before my vision turned black.

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So chapter 21 is up :)  I hope you liked this chapter. Please tell me what you thought in the comments down below, and please upvote :> I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Should I have put a trigger warning on this story?

P.P.S. Edited. Thanks you chunjixbyungie :> <3