4.2 Beautiful Mistake [part 3; final]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •
 

Weeks, pass by after the return of a well and alive Ms Kim. Wonwoo had managed to forget all about the incident of both the envelope and the fact that his past lover, could have passed away. His friends stood by him like always. They took him out everyday, amidst university final preparations, and Wonwoo could never be more thankful.

 

Eventually it was the day which brought back the most pain for Wonwoo regardless of his current life. It was the anniversary of the death of his beloved, Kim Mingyu. The boy he used to call his soulmate, the one he used to cherish.

 

Wonwoo, got up earlier than he ever has. Just to make sure he looks good for his better half, when he looks down from above. Getting ready quickly came naturally to Wonwoo, but today was special. He took twice as long getting ready, finally all set to go when the clock ticks 8am.

Usually wonwoo would just toss anything that was edible in his mouth and call it breakfast. But today required Wonwoo to cook for once. He just couldn’t have it any other way. After all, it was a tradition to cook… for the two of them.

 

Finally after looking through the aisles, of the supermarket. Making sure the best and only the best was brought, Wonwoo left feeling content. Part one of the perfect day, was complete, and he already completed part three, dressing the part. So now food and the setting remained.

 

The journey home was filled with excitement as Wonwoo, skips and jumps the way throughout, courtesy of not having a car. Upon reaching his house, the mood dims down completely. The door was wide open. Dropping all the his groceries Wonwoo runs inside. grabbing an umbrella for defence. Looking around nothing seemed too out of place-

 

“What the-?” The table was set, beyond the expectations of what Wonwoo knew he was capable of. The lights were turned off, but the room was illuminated by candles, the room smelled sweet, like lavender, just what he liked best. The tablecloth, was decorated with red rose petals, exactly the way he would do it. Everything was just the way-

“Surprise honey,” The words that Wonwoo had longed to hear, brought him to the floor.

“This is all my imagination! You’re dead, you’ve been dead for a year, Mingyu! DEAD! So stop torturing me like this!” Wonwoo screeches, completely broken down, torn and unable to make sense. He opened his eyes, thinking it all would vanish, the table, the cloth, the rose petals, the candle and the lavender, all the way Mingyu would have wanted it to be. Those things weren't meant to be there because he had died. In the fatal accident that also took his parent’s life. Leaving only his grandma, to be the only person close to the real Mingyu.

“Wonwoo?”

Wonwoo gets up shakily, “DON’T TOUCH ME. I’M NEITHER A GHOST NOR ARE YOU A HUMAN. WE CAN’T COMMUNICATE AND WE CAN’T INITIATE TOUCHES. I-I’m,” He stops in a breath, “I’m not crazy… just please. Disappear.”

“Wonwoo-”

“I SAID GO, LEAVE, GET OUT.”

The room feels cold, as a rush of wind enters, thinking the spirit has left Wonwoo weakly makes his way to leave.

“NO. You listen here,” The voice grabs hold of Wonwoo’s hands and pulls him towards him. They look at each other, and Wonwoo’s eyes widen.

“Did you expect me to say, ‘Okay bye’? And leave just like that? No, just no Jeon Wonwoo, I don’t know-”

“Who are you, and why do you look like-”

“I’m Kim Mingyu, 21 years of age, boyfriend, lover, the sun, the moon, the stars and everything to Jeon Wonwoo.”

“Why are you doing this? CAN’T YOU SEE, CAN’T YOU HEAR, HE’S DEAD, YOU’RE DEAD… HE’S…”

“What makes you think he died?”

“Oh I don’t know, he left a year ago with his parents to a wedding and never came back?”

“What about the note?”

“The note said, ‘Goodbye love’”

“You idiot,”

“Now look here, get out-”

“You’re such an idiot,”

“GET OUT!”

“No. Listen to me,”

“No, get los-”

“I did get lost,” He responds, letting go off Wonwoo finally.

“What?”

“I did end up getting lost, which is why it took me so long to return, I’ve been stranded in North Korea, all this time.”

“W-”

“And the note, didn’t just say that, it said, ‘Goodbye love, I will be back soon,’ but that didn’t happen. Because soon turned into a year.”

“STO-”

“I was only going to drop my parent’s off, but the acciden-” A single tear escapes Mingyu, “I ended up, having to leave to see them, on the next flight. On the way home, it crashed, into North Korea, some locals saved us, but not being able to successfully talk with the accent, I had to choose to stay low, until I could think of a way to come back,”

“I d-”

“I assume you saw the letters?”

Wonwoo gapes, and nods.

“That was all thanks to Seokmin,”

“But how did-”

“He came here, on my behalf, he ran away trying to help me,”

“But-”

“It was thanks to him, I got the letters, and that I’m here right in front of you,”

“How?”

“Seokmin is my distant cousin who was held captive, since a young age, in North Korea, he came here, to help me escape,”

“The guys-”

“Everyone knows about me being alive. Wonwoo, hyung, it’s finally time for you to know as well. I’m alive, and I’m so so sorry, that it took me a whole year to find myself back into your arms. But I’m glad, I could make it before our 8th anniversary,”

 

Mingyu waits for Wonwoo to respond, hearing none he opens his arms wide.

 

Finally, as if his tears from all those months ago, until this very day wasn’t enough, Wonwoo cries, he cries as though he’s never cried before and crushes into Mingyu’s chest.

“I-idiot. Idiot. Idiot.”

“I know, I’-”

“I hate you,”

“I know”

“But I love you,”

“I kn- wait what?”

Wonwoo hugs Mingyu closer, as if scared he’d lose him all over again. Tears finally, having stopped, only leaving a smirk.

“I said I love you, idiot.” The three magical words, finally escapes through his lips. He smiles into Mingyu’s chest. After all the years they’d been together, Wonwoo had never actually admitted his feelings. And now that he had, Mingyu couldn’t help but smile, as he pats Wonwoo’s head. Wonwoo looks up questioning his lover. Mingyu tilts Wonwoo’s chin, and slowly comes down to his height. Pausing to . “Idiot,” He mocks, “I love you too,” Before claiming Wonwoo’s lips, and the reunion is nothing but absolute bliss.

 

Even though, it might have been a mistake to start loving, Mingyu when they were young, the mistake didn’t hold neither of them apart. It was a mistake for Mingyu to leave Wonwoo behind, without explaining he was going to visit his parents after the accident. It was a mistake for Wonwoo to assume that Mingyu had passed away. It was a mistake for his friends, to keep Mingyu’s secret, hidden. But after all, the heart grows fond when we stay away from what we love the most, what we hold dear to our hearts. All these mistakes were nothing but beautiful. For Wonwoo, it was a beautiful mistake falling in love with his best friend.

 

 

Entry #1: Attempt 1:

Mingyu,

The way your eyes spoke to me, that day,

outshone all the stars that were held above us.

We could be like spring and may,

but we are more like honey and yogurt

so different yet so compatible.

 

Entry #1: Final:

Mingyu,

The way your eyes spoke to me, on that day,

outshone all the stars that were held above us.

We're like summer and fall, but there is no one else

that I can recall who gave me the feeling that I call us.


Entry #2:

Mingyu,

A love like ours, can carry the sun and the moon

across the galaxy,

We may not have been destined to be together, any time soon

but I hope you will always remain the way you are.

Dazzling and priceless.

 

Wonwoo,

The stars and the moon are not enough to show you what exactly it means to love you. We’ve been in love, well… I certainly have, for 8 years, it wouldn’t hurt for you to say, ‘I love you’ would it? Awwh, I’m kidding, I know you love me, a few words does not signify the love we share. Every moment we share, together just gives me more and more of a reason to fall in love with you. It gives me more treasurable moments, to be added with you. I may not be the most promising boyfriend, you can ask for… but I’ll promise to be there for you, when you need me the most. Because I never will turn my back on you, under no circumstance. Because our love means more to me, than anything ever has.

 

No matter how much I want to be able to leave your annoying , (okay, okay! I’m joking, honestly, don’t kill me, you know I love you), I promise I won’t; I even know that you want to leave my annoying too but hey, I won’t allow you too~ Because, I promise to stand by your side, even if you don’t want me too. I’ll let you do anything, even if it means you steal my shoes and throw them around the house (just don’t hit me with them, even if I annoy you?), or if you happen to want to karate chop me, I’ll let you do either, even both. Just don’t leave me, promise me that. Let’s stay together, until we are old, wrinkled and no longer able to do much, as we have no strength, and when you become bored, I’ll entertain you with my awesome (let’s admit it, it really is awesome) english, yeah? But, after all, what I want to say is that, whether the odds work against us, I will always and forever love you. I will love my, Jeon Wonwoo.

Love your MingyuPingyu

 

Author's note:

Prompt: Poetry writer au: "You were in my worst writing, yet also in my most beautiful poetry I have ever written" 

Sorry, this three shot took me foreveh, it was just not working out. Even now... I'm kind of regretting what I've written. I hope it makes sense... so basically Wonwoo believed that Mingyu had died because on the day he was supposed to have a date and confess, he just finds notes leading to the final, "Goodbye, my love". Which lead to Wonwoo believeing Mingyu commited suicide, when he was only saying good bye my love, for now. Years, later, Mingyu returns and Wonwoo refuses to believe it is his lover, as he should be 'dead' hence why he writes the poetry but does not post it.

The last scenes are the poetry and Mingyu's letter to Wonwoo, which caused him to get angry (refers to part two)
 
I hope you all enjoyed it. It's a mixture of angst and fluff, I can't do 100% angst, so I appologise ._.

It's a Soonseok sequel up next... yay or nay? Comments are loved, even a simple comment too TT-TT your thoughts are always loved, even critism! Bye bye now

!-
Credits: to Rashandara16, for giving me the lines for: Entry #1: Final: Thank you!~
J-unkyuu, for helping me with the letter.

 

Love, 
         Abi
      XOXO